collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Barbie's new bodies  (Read 5245 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Barbie's new bodies
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 07:09:23 PM »
Are these going to be sold in stores with the rest of the regular Barbie? I didn't know if it's going to be like an online only, small production thing. I would be happy to see them in the store so girls can have a choice on what size/height Barbie they want :) And hopefully they'll sell well!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 07:34:38 PM »
Are these going to be sold in stores with the rest of the regular Barbie? I didn't know if it's going to be like an online only, small production thing. I would be happy to see them in the store so girls can have a choice on what size/height Barbie they want :) And hopefully they'll sell well!

For now it is Mattel shop exclusive. They are working with the stores to find shelf space for them. I hope they can make space for them.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »
saw this review of Curvy - has pics of her nekkid so you can see the body shape
http://heysawbones.tumblr.com/post/139022037496/i-got-one-of-the-curvy-new-barbie-dolls-as-your

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 11:15:50 AM »
I think her body shape is nice - but it's what I would describe as "normal." I think it's pretty sad that this doll is being referred to as the "fat" doll (as I have seen in many places) when she's anything but.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 08:16:14 PM »
I think her body shape is nice - but it's what I would describe as "normal." I think it's pretty sad that this doll is being referred to as the "fat" doll (as I have seen in many places) when she's anything but.

I know.  She doesn't look fat at all.  And calling her obese is just ridiculous.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:19:58 PM by bewilderness »

Offline SaelaVe

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »

I know.  She doesn't look fat at all.  And calling her obese is just ridiculous.

Agreed. 
Barbie's original body never accurately represented the female form.  Even slender women do not look like Barbie; and women who have attempted to have had to undergo some pretty serious body-altering measures, such as surgeries and unnatural dieting, in order to achieve the look.  So it's absolutely ludicrous to call a doll that more accurately represents an average build "fat".

And I want to straight-up slap the folks who have referred to her as obese.  You have to have a certain BMI to be considered obese.  You're not obese as soon as you go ten or twenty pounds overweight.  For cryin' out loud.
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."

:rainbow: Instagram :rainbow:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 11:06:55 AM »
Now I am very disappointed.... she has such a TINY bust!  Like an A-B cup.... I was thinking more of a C to E kind of size.... uhhhh you know, like me?  I'm quite CURVY - I certainly do NOT have a B-cup...  Clothing definitely won't cross generations if they refuse to increase her bust size.  :(    Such irony, you know?  They created more body types to be more realistic but the doll that SHOULD have more breasts.... doesn't.  :(    Back to my original Classic Barbies, who actually look like my body type... aside from the few proportion issues that all Barbies have. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

autieluna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2016, 07:25:39 PM »
I am THRILLED about the new curvy Barbies!  I've wanted a larger sized Barbie for years.  I've ordered the blond haired and blue haired ones and will probably get the other ones when they come out.  I actually really like the outfit of the blue haired one, especially the top.  I've been working on making some clothes/clothes patterns for them and made this ladybug-inspired outfit last night:

What a cute outfit! It's amazing how well fitting it is- do you use some kind of pattern?

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2016, 05:32:48 AM »
I LOVE the petite, that's my body type! I am a bit sad there's not a redhead in there, but by means of a headswap I can get my mini-me... Now, the question is, can they do this with Ken too? I'd love to see chubby Ken, little Ken, tall lanky Ken... <3
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline SaelaVe

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2016, 10:31:49 AM »
I LOVE the petite, that's my body type! I am a bit sad there's not a redhead in there, but by means of a headswap I can get my mini-me... Now, the question is, can they do this with Ken too? I'd love to see chubby Ken, little Ken, tall lanky Ken... <3

There was an article published shortly after the news of Barbie's new body broke that featured digitally-altered Ken dolls with different body types.  Some of them looked really awesome.
I agree with you, I'd love for Ken to get some body-diversity as well.  I've never really cared for the ripped six-pack look.  It'd be nice to have some Ken dolls with a cute little beer belly instead. :P  I know, wishful thinking. lol
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:35:17 AM by SaelaVe »

Offline SaelaVe

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2016, 01:58:48 PM »
While we're on the subject of body-diverse boy dolls...

Okay, it's not Ken, but it's still pretty darn cool.
Lammily has started a new funding campaign to produce a realistically-proportioned boy doll, and I gotta say, I really like how he looks.  With a custom face-up, he could be quite the handsome fella.

Maybe this will inspire Mattel to give Ken a makeover. :)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2016, 07:07:43 PM »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2016, 12:59:12 AM »
I've been interested in these different barbie doll sizes! I love the tall and petite, I'm not a fan of the original one and I think the the curvy ones are ugly. Especially the petite, its my body size and its nice to see smaller dolls, as barbie used to make me feel bad for being skinny and short. The curvy ones look so weird, they almost look pregnant with the hideous dress designs. My husband said the blue hair one looks like a fat version of katry Perry xD
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:01:05 AM by Princess Lala »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal