collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who was your very first pony?  (Read 4799 times)

Niwalime

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who was your very first pony?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 02:03:55 AM »
Oooh! Pony memories!
My first ever childhood pony was a G2 Glitteryheart. I still have her, somehow nearly complete with her hat, shades and bag (I Have no idea how I didn't loose them), then came some G3 ponies :)

The pony that got me into collecting was a thriftstore find - G1 Flurry! Although I am now collecting G3's only, Flurry is very dear to me since she got me back into MLP :D

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 02:14:55 AM »
My first was Cherries Jubilee. I remember picking her out in the shop, my mum approved because she too liked cherries. She is one of the few we got from new, most of my other childhood ones were hand-me-downs from my cousin or second-hand from the local market. I still have my childhood CJ, she's in fab condition!! I bought her her baby to go with her, they're so cute together :)
As an adult, it was Masquerade that started me off collecting. I was on holiday with my friends, and we started talking about things from our childhood. Obviously the subject of MLP came up, and I said "I wonder if there's any on eBay?" I looked, and there was Masquerade, a pony I'd always wished I'd had as a child! She was ending in like 5 minutes, so I asked my husband if I could bid, he said yes, and I won her!! That was January 2010, and I've been collecting ever since.

Jules x
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 02:55:33 AM »
Mine was Baby Firefly when she first came out. ^-^ I loved her so much! I was really upset when she got lost during a move when I was 6.

Lady.Arachnia: Do you have a pic of your special fakie? I would love to see it! :)

Yes I have! She and SkyDancer never lose each others side anymore! *In the Carrying Case are the other ponies from my childhood herd, sadly only the one's who survived... :cry:

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Wiseman

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 03:19:59 AM »
I think my first pony was a Funko vinyl Pinkie Pie way back in 2013.

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 04:04:17 AM »
My very first one was this Minty:

I got her for Christmas. I knew I would get a pony as a present, and I remember being very, very excited, lying in bed trying to sleep the night before Christmas and singing to myself about the pony I was to finally get :) She is my most precious toy, and I've taken her with me whenever I moved (been living in three different countries so far). I am very sure that there was a misprint on the backcard of her box, saying that her name was "Minky" instead of Minty - that's what I called her until about a year ago when I first found out that she was supposed to be called Minty, haha  :lol:

Next one was Firefly

followed by Sunbeam

and Medley

Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 04:51:39 AM »
Rainbow Windy (Christmas 1984). I have vague memories of giving her a shower in a maroon easter egg box which may have been the following year. I was almost 3 when I got her, so it's hazy :) My mother got her for me. She actually remembers this quite clearly, apparently it was BHS, and they were all on a pillar, and there were others there as well. Mum doesn't remember which, but she says she remembered Windy was really pretty to her and they were inexpensive, so she decided to buy her and see if I liked it. Little did she know what she was beginning.

She also insisted for years, before any UK carded images or ponies appeared online, that the horizantal card image of MOC Windy was "wrong" because my Windy had been on a "long card". And then UK carded ones came up on ebay and she was proven right :)

My sister's was Fizzy, second hand, when she was three.

From carbooting (which was recollecting beginning point in 1995) - Lickety Split and Parasol.

From online trading, Mimic and Best Wishes.

I still have all my childhood ponies, though, and so does Naynie, so Windy for me and Fizzy for her.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:55:16 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MsMedley

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • "We’re all cast-aways in need of ropes"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 05:20:00 AM »
Ah, I'd guess Lemon Drop with her stable was my first, but the one I have the earliest memory of actually getting is Baby Glory...I remember my mom placing her and all her little accessories on my bed to find when I came home from school one day <3
^.^ Check out my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/KimberlysCommissions

Thank you to Dainty for my profile pic!!

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 06:55:13 AM »
Applejack, g1 passed down to me by my favorite cousin.

Offline Starfrey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 08:19:36 AM »
These are all such great stories! I love hearing about it. I still have my childhood ponies too. :biggrin:
:cold:

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 08:29:54 AM »
I didn't realize that I had received a My Little Pony so early in life until I was looking through old photos (I think this is Christmas 1986):

SS Fifi!

The first pony I remember getting was Ruby Lips, and I remember her being on clearance at the grocery store and *begging* my mom for her (my mom didn't like buying 'name brand' things). Her package was beat up and the lipstick was missing, but my mom bought her for me. I wish I still had Ruby Lips and SS Fifi!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 11:12:59 AM »
I wish I could remember that far back, but Ponies were there ever sinse I could remember. My sister had them before me, and even as a toddler I always had a pony in hand. I'm not sure who my very first ponies were, though I know for certain there was a Peachy that got my Sis and I going, I recall baby Sunshower, Baby Blossom, Baby Lickety Split, and I do recall having her so soft Mommy who I regrettably took swimming with me one day... There were so many though, I wish I could just grasp back in time and figure out who exactly was the first but, no, my memory just isn't tat good XD

BUT I do still have that infamous Peachy that started it all! My sister let me have her when she outgrew them, and though she's VERY well loved she holds a place of honor in my herd. She's kinda the granny. Her hairs thinned and balding, she's been chewed on and is so worn down, but she's wearing the shawl my Granny crocheted for us <3 I adore  her!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:15:46 AM by kissthethunder »

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 11:18:34 AM »
Yes I have! She and SkyDancer never lose each others side anymore! *In the Carrying Case are the other ponies from my childhood herd, sadly only the one's who survived... :cry:

Aww, she's cute! I love her colors. :)

Also loving all of these pony memories!

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2016, 12:00:19 PM »
G1 Sparkler! I don't remember how I got her, I was too young, but she remains one of my favorite ponies to this day.

G3 Starbeam was the pony that got me started on my pony collection (and collecting children's toys in general...I have much too many now....)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 01:11:42 PM »
I didn't realize that I had received a My Little Pony so early in life until I was looking through old photos (I think this is Christmas 1986):

SS Fifi!

The first pony I remember getting was Ruby Lips, and I remember her being on clearance at the grocery store and *begging* my mom for her (my mom didn't like buying 'name brand' things). Her package was beat up and the lipstick was missing, but my mom bought her for me. I wish I still had Ruby Lips and SS Fifi!

That is such an awesome picture!

I don't have so many early pictures like that - a few with ponies in the background and foreground, and then we play a mad guessing game with a wrapped package that looks pony shaped (maybe that's Masquerade?)

THe earliest pony photo I think I have is me with Baby Blossom when I was about...four or five? She was my 2nd pony. No pictures with Windy from very early on, sadly...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline CarolSpain

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2016, 01:49:26 PM »
My first childhood pony was Manzanitas (Applejack) and the last one Lucero (Dazzleglow). I still have Lucero's package.
If you have pics of MIB with text in Spanish, please, share with me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal