collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Private Christmas Swap with Blondee1982 & Family!  (Read 603 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Private Christmas Swap with Blondee1982 & Family!
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:47:03 PM »
So back in November Blondee was looking for someone to do a swap with her two boys since they had missed the deadline for the Children's Holiday Swap. I eventually contacted them and offered to swap with them. I don't have kids, but I love a lot of modern toys so I figured I'd still be a good swap candidate. We decided we would ship after the bulk of the holiday rush, and my box came in today. Ready to see what I got?

Here's what I saw when I opened the box:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The first couple things I don't have pictures of. I received a lovely card of Blondee's two sons which I'm not going to post here since they are little kids. I'm sure the arena is likely the safest place on the internet, but still, better safe then sorry. I also can't post the mini M&Ms I got, because I already ate them. :lol: I was hungry! :lol:

Okay, enough teasing. Let's get on to the pictures. :D I got an adorable Baby Starburst:

Really neat Star Wars socks: one foot is R2D2 and the other is C3PO:

A handmade snowman ornament that will get to hang out on mini tree next year: (Edit: This is a Penguin. How on earth did I think it was a Snowman? I guess that's what I get for opening my box after being up 15 hours on 5 hours sleep. Eek! :lol: BF just went "I'll take that Snowman for my Penguin collection if you don't mind." :lol: I'm keeping the penguin (he was half joking) but his point is well taken.)

Lots of really unique stickers. The foxes make total sense (you'll see why soon enough), the Christmas kids / elves (?) are cute, MLP I don't have are always a win, and the two sets of Owls are both fabulous in their own unique way.

My first Pokemon plush, Eevee. A perfect choice since I've played full Eevee-lution teams in Pokemon. I think Eevee is one of the cutest pokemon ever made, so I'm thrilled to have him here. (Told ya the foxes made sense. :D )

OMG Itty Bittys! I got Christmas C3PO, Christmas Yoda, Darth Vader and Sadness. They're all so cute! I now have six (!!) Star Wars Itty Bittys and two Inside Out ones. My little Itty Bitty army is definitely into full collection territory at this point. I'm going to need to figure out a designated spot where I'll set these up.

Last but definitely not least are three sets of Lego Elves. I'm really excited about these. When I knew I'd be doing this swap I spent a few days looking at what toys were available now and these skyrocketed to the top of my list. I write fantasy and paranormal stuff, so this particular line of Lego was immediately appealing. I also didn't really have Lego as a kid so these are actually my first sets. I'm very eager to put them together.

Aida's Creative Workshop:

Farran and the Crystal Hallow:

Naida's Spa Secret:

Blondee (and family!) thanks so much for the absolutely amazing box. I absolutely love the things you picked for me. the Itty Bittys will fit beautifully into my existing collection. This is Pokemon's 20th anniversary, so the Eevee plush has absolute perfect timing (and will no doubt be joined by a few more cuties this year--but he's the first!), the stickers are really cute and the three sets of Legos will likely keep my busy for a while (been years since I've touched Legos and I've never actually used a set intended to build something specific) which is fantastic because it's really icy here right now, which makes it hard for me to go out (my balance is really bad) and I need things to keep me busy while I wait for safe weather.

Also, it just occurred to me that I am confusing squirrels (the stickers) and foxes (Eevee) in this post. I've been up since 5 a.m. and it's now 11:45, so I'm gonna let that go for tonight. :lol: That said, as much as I'm eager to put my Legos together, I think I can wait til tomorrow. Maybe. :) Thanks for checking out this thread. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:40:11 AM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Private Christmas Swap with Blondee1982 & Family!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:49:29 PM »
Awesome box! Congrats!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Private Christmas Swap with Blondee1982 & Family!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »
Awesome stuff! I have been drooling over Lego Elves sets, myself, but don't have any yet. And those stickers are all super adorable! Congrats. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal