collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eaglesfan73 issue: Slanderous Seller  (Read 9691 times)

Offline cirrusrose

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
eaglesfan73 issue: Slanderous Seller
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:19:26 PM »
I rarely post on these boards, I prefer to lurk when I'm not selling or buying (I'm shy) but I'm physically shaking and upset at what has happened... a certain member of the MLP community has begun slandering me so, I want you all to know what happened. All correspondences are below, I have nothing to hide.

TL;DR
Bought Princess Pony with accessories from a seller on eBay. Some accessories she sent me were wrong. When I told her she sent me several abusive, threatening and harassing messages. When I showed her photographs she told me not to contact her again and started slandering me in a private MLP Facebook group. Another buyer of hers came forwards, it turned out we had each others missing pieces and we did a swap. Seller admitted she had sent the wrong accessories on Facebook BUT still refuses to apologize or acknowledge that she did anything wrong to me, has refused to fix anything and three months later continues to slander me and spread lies while playing the victim. :cry:

FINAL UPDATE: I opened - and most importantly WON - a Paypal dispute against the seller which ended in the Paypal Fraud Department because the seller was caught out lying to Paypal and impersonated me in a forged email. I've decided to blog about it here: http://eaglesfan73sucks.blogspot.com.au/ Please be aware this seller is highly unscrupulous!
 :shocked:

Long Version:
I bought a Princess Royal Blue with damsel hat, comb and wand (eBay item number: 181963158310, archive link https://archive.is/FpmkR). I was so excited because these are the last items I need to complete my Year One Princess set.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The seller was selling a bunch of other items I wanted over the holiday week, so I asked if the seller wanted me to pay now or wait to see if I buy any more to combine shipping. I gave the option of paying now if they wanted and was given no timeframe on how long they were willing to wait for payment.

They indicated it was okay, so I bid on other ponies they were selling and unfortunately lost them all, so I paid immediately after the last auction ended.

So now she arrived this morning and the damsel hat and comb are wrong. The hat is meant to be stars and moons, instead I received hearts and teardrops. Instead of a pink comb, I got purple. Thankfully the pony and wand were correct (though I wasn't sure about the wand at the start because it didn't come in a bag while the one in the photo does).

So upset and waiting in a Doctor's surgery I sent them this:

And while waiting for a bus, I noticed a postage overcharge and sent this:

Seller sent these messages in rapid succession:

I've been buying and selling on eBay since before Paypal in the 90s, when we had to use international money orders or eEscrow. I have thousands more feedback than the seller, all of them 100% positive. I'm thinking cutting my losses, reporting them to eBay and leaving a negative (which I absolutely hate doing and rarely ever do).

Just wanted everyone to know my side since this seller is calling me a scammer.  :cry:

Not sure what to do... anyone?

04-Mar-2016: I cleared out my photobucket so I had to re-attach all the images. I thought I might as well tidy them up so they look in unison and blank out additional sections for privacy reasons. Also added a TL;DR section.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:43:48 PM by cirrusrose »

Want List / Arena Sales / Etsy Store / eBay

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: eaglesfan73 sent wrong items now threats :(
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 05:49:04 PM »
Well, the seller gave you permission to wait, so I think it's unreasonable for them to blame you for "late payment."  And it's completely reasonable to want the correct items you bid on.  The seller needs to correct that by sending you the correct items (if they have them still) and having you send the others back.

That said . . . the tone of your email to them was pretty rude.  Why would you imply that she did this on purpose ("did you think I wouldn't notice?") instead of assuming it was an honest mistake by someone who has more than one set of Princess Pony accessories and got confused?  What possible advantage would the seller get from sending you the wrong set?

I wouldn't have responded like this seller did, they were unprofessional and just escalated the conflict, but in the future you might keep in mind the old adage "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

Anyway, your accessories probably ended up with the winner of one of these auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MY-LITTLE-PONY-PRINCESS-ROYAL-BLUE-W-BUSHWOOLIE-ACCESSORIES-/181968403124?hash=item2a5e297ab4:g:iSwAAOSwZ1lWd1m4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MY-LITTLE-PONY-PRINCESS-STARBURST-W-BUSHWOOLIE-ACCESSORIES-/181963280555?hash=item2a5ddb50ab:g:rc4AAOSwSdZWcNKy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MY-LITTLE-PONY-PRINCESS-SPARKLE-W-BUSHWOOLIE-ACCESSORIES-/181968417108?hash=item2a5e29b154:g:jwcAAOSwHPlWd15~

What I would suggest is emailing the seller back and saying something like: "I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot, I just wanted so much to complete my Princess pony set.  I think you may have accidentally sent them to the winner of Princess Sparkle, the other Princess Royal Blue you sold, or Princess Starburst.  Could you please contact the winners of the other Princess Pony auctions and ask them what accessories they got?  No hard feelings, we all make mistakes.  Thank you for your help."  I would also send them a picture of the accessories you were incorrectly sent.

If one of the other bidders has the correct accessories, which I'm pretty sure will be the case, arrange to either have you and the other buyer send them directly to each other or for both of you sending the accessories to the seller, and then having the seller send them to you.  Get the seller to cover your shipping expenses since it was their error.

If the seller refuses, then you can file for "Item Not as Described."  But try to avoid it if you can because it means you will never get your accessories from this seller.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:53:27 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline cirrusrose

• View Profile
Re: eaglesfan73 sent wrong items now threats :-(
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:56:48 PM »
Thank you so much LadyMoondancer, you're the best!

I completely agree with everything you said and sincere thanks for finding those other Princess auctions the seller had going.

:hug:

Post Merge: January 18, 2016, 06:30:32 PM

Ah, just figured out what happened... the purple comb I received has a bend in the two tines on the far right, which matches the comb that came with the Princess Sparkle they were also selling. Also the hat this Princess Sparkle is wearing matches what I received. I imagine they got mixed up somewhere along the way.

Many thanks to LadyMoondancer for the links! :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:31:17 PM by cirrusrose »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 07:21:48 PM »
My husband bought a pony for me from this seller recently, too, and noticed how rude they were. When after 3 days they still hadn't shipped the pony, my husband inquired about it and he got a snippy answer in return about how he needs to read, that they are allowed 3 days of handling time.

As for your package, I am pretty sure they are feeding you lines about having contacted eBay because if eBay didn't send you any correspondence, then most likely they didn't. If I were you I would file a not as described case since the seller is not cooperating with you. EBay more often than not sides with the buyer and they will be able to access all of your correspondence and see that the seller is very rude and is making threats. You'll probably have to send your item back for a refund or eBay may let you keep it and refund you but I doubt you'll get your accessories.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 07:27:58 PM »
Sorry you had to deal with that. They clearly ok'd delayed payment. They should have fixed their mistake with the accessories and corrected the shipping.

Offline cirrusrose

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 07:43:41 PM »
bluerose9978, thank you so much for sharing your husband's experience. That response to him sounds unnecessarily rude. Sad to hear I'm not the only buyer who has had problems with this seller.

That's a great point, if they had reported me I totally would have received an email about it. That leads me to believe it was all bark and no bite now.

Tak, thank you for your point of view. It means the world to me just to hear those words.

Thank you so much for your replies everyone.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 11:25:17 PM »
I am sorry to hear/read what happened to you.  I have bought multiple items from this seller and have always had a good experience with her.  She did e-mail me once to let me know that her daughter had helped packaged princess pony items and that I was to follow up if I received the wrong items.  This was back in November though.  As for the shipping costs, sellers do sometimes quote a higher price than the actual shipping cost.  They could be adding in a handling fee.  I don't know if this is the case for you or not.  I do wish you the best in completing your set and being able to resolve this issue in a calmer manner.

Sincerely,
jrr74
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 11:58:05 PM »
I think LM has summed it up brilliantly, good luck!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 12:08:32 AM »
You're welcome! :) I hope you get your proper accessories.  I understand how frustrating it is to ALMOST have a complete set and then something like this sidetracks it.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline cirrusrose

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 04:15:09 AM »
jrr74, thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it! I'm glad your transactions worked out. You definitely dodged a bullet there. I find the majority of sellers are perfectly fine until something goes wrong and then it really tests their mettle. This one just spiraled out of control so quickly. :T

Loa, thank you! Yeah, LadyMoondancer is so wise.

Thanks everyone, I feel so much better now I've heard all your thoughts on what happened.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 04:36:43 AM »
I just wanted to add that the seller is correct about the shipping - you only paid $16 for shipping. The Paypal receipt you posted says you paid the seller a total of $24. The pony was $8, leaving $16 for the shipping.  If you had paid the full amount listed in the auction($22.75), your total would have been $30.75, not $24. That extra $2.30 probably went to the bubble mailer. It looks like it was a fresh one.

Offline cirrusrose

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 04:52:41 AM »
goddessofpeep, ah right you are! Good spotting, thank you. Maths has never been my strong suit.

The seller was right about that. I have no idea why the auction page has $22.75 listed for shipping (which is where I got the figure from). I'm thinking that's probably the Australian conversion displayed now.

This is one of the reasons why I love the Arena... all different perspectives.

Thank you, goddessofpeep! :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 04:55:28 AM »
You should black out your sellers name and address...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 05:27:37 AM »
I agree with Lady Moondancers' advice, and I hope that you can sort this out with the seller and get your correct items :hug:   It is definitely disappointing to receive the wrong item , especially when they are something like a set completer, so that is probably why you sent the message you did, because you were upset  , although it would have gone better if you'd have sent a more calm message.  The seller clearly overreacted though and they did not handle the situation well at all , as well as not sending the accessories. If the seller still will not work things out and send the correct accessories then you can open an item not as described case, but that does mean that they will either ask for a return, and you prolly will have to pay return shipping too - and you will not get your accessories.
Side point but the screenshot does show the auction as having $22 shipping , although that is not what you ended up paying  ;)
Please let us know how it goes

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline cirrusrose

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 05:28:01 AM »
banditpony, oh noes! I didn't even notice that up in the corner there. Thank you so much for spotting that!

Just added a blacked out version.

:)

Post Merge: January 19, 2016, 05:42:40 AM

Ringlets, thank you so much for understanding! I was super devastated when the wrong accessories turned up and I usually am the person telling friends not to say snarky things in the heat of the moment... didn't listen to my own advice. :/

I genuinely appreciate the helpful tips and I'm taking some time to figure out the next step.

:)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:42:40 AM by cirrusrose »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal