collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help needed with f0xtail2 on ebay  (Read 9200 times)

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with f0xtail2 on ebay
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2016, 09:39:05 AM »

That is utterly ridiculous that she sent it to the incorrect address without verifying with you, and now it's LOST.  :(   Of course if she sends to any other address besides the one in Ebay, her return is invalidated, but you're supposed to VERIFY an address before sending!  Time to change all your primary addresses in both Paypal and Ebay I guess. 

It's important to note that the seller stopped communicating. The buyer wanted to settle it outside ebay but the seller would only offer a small refund, not a return.   Going through ebay is the logical next step.   It's not her fault the seller had the wrong address on file; that was the seller's mistake.  It may have been a nice thing to run the address by the seller, but if my messages were being ignored for a week, I probably would've turned to ebay too.  It's been awhile since I've done a return, but I'm pretty sure they give you a return label before you even know where it's going.  She may not have even had an address to run by the seller. 

And I am still wondering about the Best Offer - because if SHE sent you an offer and you accepted it, then NO she did NOT overpay.  If I pick up the $5 box of red-box strawberries, it's not the store's responsibility to refund me if the strawberries in the green box on the other shelf only cost $3.

Maybe not if they're cheaper no. But if they're rotten in the bottom yes.

The buyer made an offer based on the appearance in the listing, but the pony looked worse in person. If the flaws were shown more clearly, the buyer would have either offered less or chose not to buy at all.

I agree with those last two comments whole-heartedly!  The buyer and seller are agreeing on a specific price for an item in a specific condition.   If it arrives in a condition less than that (whether it's an honest mistake or shipping damage or tricky photos), you should be able to cancel that transaction.  It's my understanding that the offer price was very close to the buy it now price too.  Even if it wasn't, a deal was made and the item didn't hold up to the deal. 

When I first called ebay, the guy I talked to said it looked like buyer's remorse and to not respond and the case would close.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »
There are some people who would have been happy with the pony regardless of the flaws, others who would have been happy with the seller's response of a partial refund. If the buyer wasn't happy, and the item wasn't as described, I still don't understand how dragging it out here has helped in any way other than putting people on sides?

They should have just asked to send it back and when the seller stopped communication open a case.

The buyer didn't drag it out here. Or post the situation anywhere here. The case was filed when the communication stopped, and then the seller posted here because she felt she shouldn't have to pay return shipping. 

There was also some clarification that was needed here, since the initial post claimed the buyer was a scammer and there was a question as to whether this was a case of buyer's remorse or a misrepresented pony.   Plenty of opinions being shared here as well as facts and additional information  ;)

When I first called ebay, the guy I talked to said it looked like buyer's remorse and to not respond and the case would close.

That does explain why you stopped responding.   Did ebay have the buyer's pictures at this time?  If not, then I can see why they told you this.   With her pictures, I can see why they sided with the buyer. But if ebay had both sides' information, and gave you both different resolutions, then it's a case where eBay's right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:00:07 AM by ashlyne »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2016, 11:05:47 AM »
There are some people who would have been happy with the pony regardless of the flaws, others who would have been happy with the seller's response of a partial refund. If the buyer wasn't happy, and the item wasn't as described, I still don't understand how dragging it out here has helped in any way other than putting people on sides?

They should have just asked to send it back and when the seller stopped communication open a case.

The buyer didn't drag it out here. Or post the situation anywhere here. The case was filed when the communication stopped, and then the seller posted here because she felt she shouldn't have to pay return shipping. 

There was also some clarification that was needed here, since the initial post claimed the buyer was a scammer and there was a question as to whether this was a case of buyer's remorse or a misrepresented pony.   Plenty of opinions being shared here as well as facts and additional information  ;)

That does explain why you stopped responding.   Did ebay have the buyer's pictures at this time?  If not, then I can see why they told you this.   With her pictures, I can see why they sided with the buyer. But if ebay had both sides' information, and gave you both different resolutions, then it's a case where eBay's right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

I know why the seller posted. But the BUYER posted before this in another forum. This is NOT an Arena problem, this is an ebay problem and one that was easily worked out had the BUYER taken the proper measures. They are not new to eBay and knows how it works.

Offline Gypsy

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+184)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • VNCToys.com
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2016, 02:26:08 PM »
I know why the seller posted. But the BUYER posted before this in another forum. This is NOT an Arena problem, this is an ebay problem and one that was easily worked out had the BUYER taken the proper measures. They are not new to eBay and knows how it works.

Mom isn't a member, and I never posted about this pony or transaction on any board or forum, just replied here??

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2016, 03:07:47 PM »
Was said there were interactions prior to this post which is why it took the 2 or so weeks to decide to return the pony unless I misinterpreted?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:10:51 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2016, 03:15:35 PM »
Was said there were interactions prior to this post which is why it took the 2 or so weeks to decide to return the pony unless I misinterpreted?

I read that as those interactions were via private message or email between Gypsy and other collectors & mods, not a public discussion.

Also, I read it as eBay determined the buyer should return the pony to the seller. When you open a case, if the seller & buyer can't reach a resolution, they have to wait about a week before eBay makes the final decision. Overall, the time line doesn't seem like the buyer waited all that long if eBay had already reached the decision when the seller posted here on Jan 15th.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:22:42 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »
Facebook?

Jules x

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2016, 03:36:36 PM »
Sorry, I just know I never had to wait more than a day or two before ebay sent me a label to send back the item when I filed a not as described case. But I have never had to escalate a case and usually worked it out with the seller before hand on how they want to go about the return.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:45:45 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Gypsy

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+184)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • VNCToys.com
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2016, 03:38:58 PM »
Yes it was private contact. The pony arrived 12/28/15 due to holidays, Mom contacted the seller on 1/1/16, so less than a week after receipt, the case was escalated on the 14th, and the label was automatically generated and matched the original return address.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2016, 03:47:23 PM »
OK, the escalation is what took so long, makes sense.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2016, 03:59:18 PM »
Sorry, I just know I never had to wait more than a day or two before ebay sent me a label to send back the item when I filed a not as described case. But I have never had to escalate a case and usually worked it out with the seller before hand on how they want to go about the return.

When you open up an item is not as described case (which I think they just call a return now), they allow 4 days for the buyer to respond. If they don't respond, ebay evaluates and makes a decision within 4 days.

HOWEVER, a buyer can open up a case... seller can accept the not as described "return" (again within 48 hours)-- and then can FAIL to give you a return label. (it doesn't seem automatic). In this case it takes up to 5-6 days for ebay to "re-evaluate the case" and automatically give a label.

I checked two recent returns...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:02:06 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2016, 06:29:36 PM »
Gahhh this is all very true, true.  This is what TS is for.    I apologize  - it wasn't very well-thought out.  :( 

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal