collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help needed with f0xtail2 on ebay  (Read 9199 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Help needed with f0xtail2 on ebay
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 12:34:59 PM »
Oh wow.  Could you send a letter (or call, if you know the number) to your old place and ask if they received a package?  And get them to send it to you if you pay them a few bucks for postage?  That's what I'd do.  It's worth a shot.

I think I'd actually send a pre-addressed bubble mailer with postage already on it, inside another bubble mailer.  The less effort the people who receive the pony have to go through, the more likely you will be to get it back.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 08:42:20 PM »
This is why I didn't want to go through Ebay! They told the buyer to send it to my old address. So now I am out the pony and the money. Lesson learned. Buyers don't actually read and look at pictures.

I'm so sorry.  That's awful.  I would definitely call ebay and ream them out.  IF the pony can't be recovered, Ebay needs to pay up to you.  I've been able to get ebay to reimburse me for a buyer mess up even when they've sided with the buyer.  I had a lady poke the eyes out of a doll I sold, claimed it was damaged, got a return, the eyes were clearly damaged by someone, probably a child, and very purposely.  I reamed Ebay and I got a credit on my account ( for selling fees ) in the cost of the doll.  I didn't get any money for the doll, technically, but my fees were paid up that month and half of the next.  Is there any chance you can track the package?  The buyer should've had the package insured and tracked back to you, whether or not it was the wrong address.  If they didn't, that's a major bad on them.  Without out that, how can they prove they sent it?! 

Honestly, I could see all of the damages in your photos.  Yes, a bit washed out but I'm betting you have a point and shoot camera, CA with one of those stupid over-blown flashes and you're doing your best, but the buyer's photos were really tinted dark quite curiously and in certain directions to make certain flaws stand out more, and I say that as someone who makes a fair amount of money with photography, so I know the tricks. 

CA, to help with your photos, you can put a little bit of tissue paper over the flash bit to diffuse the flash some so they don't wash out, and use the zoom as much as you can and stay as far away from the item as you can with as much zoom, and that will also diffuse the flash a little more.  If all else fails, I have a DIY for a cheap cardboard light box that will make your pony selling life a breeze?  I know you're a great seller and person and I'm sorry this has happened to you.  :hugs:  Let me know if you want a link to that light box?  <3

I hope things work out for you and you can least get the pony back.  I thought she was really nice. . .! 

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 08:54:29 PM »
So much just depends on perspective. I'm sure that my idea of a good pony is different than someone who can spend $200 on one pony. Did the seller list a return policy? The buyer could have requested more photos to be sure. I'm just sorry this happened on both ends.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 08:18:13 AM »
That is utterly ridiculous that she sent it to the incorrect address without verifying with you, and now it's LOST.  :(   Of course if she sends to any other address besides the one in Ebay, her return is invalidated, but you're supposed to VERIFY an address before sending!  Time to change all your primary addresses in both Paypal and Ebay I guess. 

*pony hugs*  Seriously.  Would it have hurt to "upgrade" this pony privately at a later time, without dragging the seller through the TS forum. 

And I am still wondering about the Best Offer - because if SHE sent you an offer and you accepted it, then NO she did NOT overpay.  If I pick up the $5 box of red-box strawberries, it's not the store's responsibility to refund me if the strawberries in the green box on the other shelf only cost $3.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 08:53:59 AM »
Maybe not if they're cheaper no. But if they're rotten in the bottom yes.

I'm pretty sure she has to ship to the address eBay gives her or she can get in trouble. It's not really her fault if the address was incorrect. She simply shipped where eBay directed her too

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2016, 10:27:12 AM »
I had changed my primary address, but apparently, it doesn't update the rest, which I had no idea. They have like five different addresses: primary, mailing from, sending to and return. Talk about confusing. Yes, it was a best offer. In any case, I drive to the old house and managed to retreive the pony thankfully.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
Thanks for the info about primary / shipping addresses, I just went to my eBay dash and updated it so mine are all current.

Glad you got the pony back!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2016, 01:21:06 PM »
I had changed my primary address, but apparently, it doesn't update the rest, which I had no idea. They have like five different addresses: primary, mailing from, sending to and return. Talk about confusing. Yes, it was a best offer. In any case, I drive to the old house and managed to retreive the pony thankfully.

WHA?  Seriously I understood the "I just moved" part but five different addresses?  Whoa that is serious overkill there and total loophole for accidents to occur!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2016, 03:41:49 PM »

*pony hugs*  Seriously.  Would it have hurt to "upgrade" this pony privately at a later time, without dragging the seller through the TS forum. 

The seller is the one who started this thread to discuss their trouble with the buyer. It's not a case of the buyer/gift recipient of the pony trying to drag the seller's name through the mud, in fact it is the opposite.

After looking at the auction listing & description, then seeing the pictures Gypsy posted I would have expected the pony to be in better condition than it turned out to be, and I probably would have requested a return or refund as well. It's a case of the item being not as nice as it was described to be. The buyer made an offer based on the appearance in the listing, but the pony looked worse in person. If the flaws were shown more clearly, the buyer would have either offered less or chose not to buy at all.

If the buyer would have started off the return messages with the "not as described angle" and no extra details about who the pony was for or feeling they overpaid, I don't think there would be so much disagreement on the fairness of the return. Communication of both sides is important to working out a problem. I don't think either party is trying to scam one another. At this point it's a serious of "could have been handled a little better" events, and hopefully once the pony is back in the seller's hands it can all be over.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 09:53:51 PM »

Excuse me, but isn't that the point of the TS forum? To warn people about something fishy, hopefully get it corrected, and similar things? Last time I checked, that's what it's purpose was and I'm kind of concerned that any member, mod or otherwise, would say that.

The point is that, no, the pictures the seller provided in their listing were not clear and did hide a lot of its flaws. I would have returned it as well and I bet all of you would have done the same thing.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2016, 05:04:12 AM »
I'm really glad  that you managed to get the pony back CA  *sigh of relief* :whew: 
Hopefully all this is finished with now - the buyer has her money back and you have your pony back to re-sell.
Did either of you leave feedback yet?

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2016, 06:15:43 AM »

That is utterly ridiculous that she sent it to the incorrect address without verifying with you, and now it's LOST.  :(   Of course if she sends to any other address besides the one in Ebay, her return is invalidated, but you're supposed to VERIFY an address before sending!  Time to change all your primary addresses in both Paypal and Ebay I guess. 

It's important to note that the seller stopped communicating. The buyer wanted to settle it outside ebay but the seller would only offer a small refund, not a return.   Going through ebay is the logical next step.   It's not her fault the seller had the wrong address on file; that was the seller's mistake.  It may have been a nice thing to run the address by the seller, but if my messages were being ignored for a week, I probably would've turned to ebay too.  It's been awhile since I've done a return, but I'm pretty sure they give you a return label before you even know where it's going.  She may not have even had an address to run by the seller. 

And I am still wondering about the Best Offer - because if SHE sent you an offer and you accepted it, then NO she did NOT overpay.  If I pick up the $5 box of red-box strawberries, it's not the store's responsibility to refund me if the strawberries in the green box on the other shelf only cost $3.

Maybe not if they're cheaper no. But if they're rotten in the bottom yes.

The buyer made an offer based on the appearance in the listing, but the pony looked worse in person. If the flaws were shown more clearly, the buyer would have either offered less or chose not to buy at all.

I agree with those last two comments whole-heartedly!  The buyer and seller are agreeing on a specific price for an item in a specific condition.   If it arrives in a condition less than that (whether it's an honest mistake or shipping damage or tricky photos), you should be able to cancel that transaction.  It's my understanding that the offer price was very close to the buy it now price too.  Even if it wasn't, a deal was made and the item didn't hold up to the deal. 

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2016, 07:35:38 AM »
I agree the buyer and seller made a deal for the item to come in a condition that was specifically described. The condition was not as listed.

However, it should not take a month to decide to return an item. If you you get an item not as described, as soon as you realize this, try to work out a return. Don't sit on it for weeks asking opinions. If you don't feel it's right then the best thing to do is return it right away!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2016, 07:52:47 AM »
I agree the buyer and seller made a deal for the item to come in a condition that was specifically described. The condition was not as listed.

However, it should not take a month to decide to return an item. If you you get an item not as described, as soon as you realize this, try to work out a return. Don't sit on it for weeks asking opinions. If you don't feel it's right then the best thing to do is return it right away!

It wasn't a month before she decided.  The auction ended on the 20th.  It wasn't till after Christmas that the pony arrived. Once it did, Gypsy asked some other collectors and a mod for their opinions on the matter. I'm sure that took a few days to get responses.  Then the buyer and seller tried to work things out, but couldn't come to an agreement.  That can take a few to several days of messaging, photo-sending, etc.   After a week of no response from the seller to work out a return, then matter was sent to ebay.    So you're only looking at a time frame of probably 2 weeks from the time she got the pony till communication stopped.  Considering there was a lot of back-and-forth with the seller and other collectors to argue the case and try to resolve things outside of ebay, I'm not surprised.

By the way, I think it's a GREAT thing to get other collector's perspectives and opinions, especially if you're dealing with another Arena member.   That's kind of what we do in this forum, isn't it?   Yes, you can drag it out too long, but in this case, looking at dates and timelines, she didn't.  A week to gather advice, another week to work it out with the seller... not unreasonable.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:37:27 AM by ashlyne »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2016, 08:57:39 AM »
There are some people who would have been happy with the pony regardless of the flaws, others who would have been happy with the seller's response of a partial refund. If the buyer wasn't happy, and the item wasn't as described, I still don't understand how dragging it out here has helped in any way other than putting people on sides?

They should have just asked to send it back and when the seller stopped communication open a case.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:59:36 AM by bluerose9978 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal