collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help needed with f0xtail2 on ebay  (Read 9227 times)

RainbowQuartz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: scammer f0xtail2 on ebay
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »
The brown ears are visible in the listing, but the feet definitely don't look as bad as the really do there. :(

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 01:57:01 AM »
The brown ears are visible in the listing, but the feet definitely don't look as bad as the really do there. :(

I thought it was just shadowing on the eBay pictures when I first looked. It was only after the further information that I realised it was staining. I think it's clear only if you already know it's there. I'd also expect discolouration that bad to be specifically listed if it was stated as excellent condition.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

RainbowQuartz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 07:19:30 AM »

I thought it was just shadowing on the eBay pictures when I first looked. It was only after the further information that I realised it was staining. I think it's clear only if you already know it's there. I'd also expect discolouration that bad to be specifically listed if it was stated as excellent condition.

I agree that it should've been listed. The staining on the back of the pony and by the tail definitely isn't visible in the listing photos, either.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 08:28:09 AM »
Only the ear marks were extremely obvious to me when looking at the pictures. The camera flash to me washed the other marks out to the point they look like extremely light and not as severe as the second set of photos. I'm not bashing photography because mine is awful, but I do think the listing should have explained about the mark ups.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 08:29:30 AM »
The fact that this was a Christmas gift bothers me. Otherwise I would be ok with getting into the details of the transaction. If someone got me a Nirvana Moonstone I would say thanks and that's it. I might upgrade it later for a better condition one and discuss spending limits going forward for that person if I suspected they spent too much. This is just what -I- would do.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 10:31:43 AM »
What happened to not posting real names on the Arena?

Post Merge: January 17, 2016, 10:34:32 AM

The fact that this was a Christmas gift bothers me. Otherwise I would be ok with getting into the details of the transaction. If someone got me a Nirvana Moonstone I would say thanks and that's it. I might upgrade it later for a better condition one and discuss spending limits going forward for that person if I suspected they spent too much. This is just what -I- would do.
Sounds to me like this was an arranged gift with the daughter checking out the auction first to make sure everything was ok.
We do that in this household too.

The pony is not as described. It got a bit more complicated by the way it was reported, but bottom line is the description wasn't accurate.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 10:34:32 AM by Sebby6 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with f0xtail2 on ebay
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2016, 11:33:58 PM »
I agree with Sebby.
I don't think this was described accurately. You have to be fair to all potential buyers - those who may be as completely nub like, and those who are experienced. I've learnt this the hard way.

As for it being a gift, I don't think that matters. However, I think the complaint could have been worded differently.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2016, 05:36:18 AM »
It would depend on who was giving me the gift, if they didn't know any better and I thought I'd be happy, I might let it slide. But her mom is experienced in pony buying and felt the transaction wasn't right.  As a collector, I wouldn't want to give a less-than-what-they-asked-for gift to another collector.  On the other side of it, I personally would never want a loved one to feel like they got a raw deal on my behalf; I would stand up for them and encourage the seller to make it right. Maybe I'm just protective that way.

Two more points I want to make:

1.  It shouldn't matter WHY the item was bought (gift or no), you should always be free to hold a seller accountable if the listing doesn't match up to reality.   

2.  This is not a scamming case.  The buyer gets nothing out of this deal, except time lost and disappointment. She gave the opportunity to make it right, and when communication stopped, she went through the right channels to send the item back. The seller gets the pony back is only out return shipping.  If that's scamming, then I'm guilty of it too!    Let's not use that term lightly please.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:38:03 AM by ashlyne »

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2016, 07:37:54 AM »
To me it seems that ebay photos the pony looks almost perfect. Only flaws I can see is the brown ears, the eyes, something light brown on the hoof, one cancer spot(?) on the non display side (right side), nick on horn and small one on the hoof. And the descipriton is: Peruvian Moonstone is in excellent condition for her age and origin! Very clean with a few spots and discoloration. Hair is good-some frizz at the tip of tail. Uncut as far as I can tell. Paint is good on symbols and eyes with a few scratches. Please view the pictures. T
hat desciprion/photos doesn't (in my opinion) tell that the pony got that much of marks on her back as the later pics show.. The ebay pics doesn't even show her back where the big marks are. And those second photos do not look good to me that you could say pony to be excellent condition.. Then again what some one think is excellent conditon is someones bait condition...

If buyer/seller doesn't communicate it is the right for a person to open a case in ebay and try to solve it.  I think in this case there was poor description of ponys real condition.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 12:13:19 PM »
Well, if the buyer is seeking a refund because the damage was more extensive than the auction showed, than that is much more understandable and reasonable than deciding that she paid too much.

And the photos do appear to show more extensive damage than what is pictured on the auction.

I don't think the seller intentionally did not picture flaws, but the recent photos do show worse flaws than the auction, especially on teh back.  The brown mark on the right ear is so odd- it actually looks to have grown since the original picture in the auction, doesn't it???  (Auction shows brown in the middle, now brown goes all the way to the end?)  I wonder if the other marks grew as well?  I don't think I've seen that before except sometimes with oxi.

Looks like an honest mistake. I hope the parties can work it out.

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 12:28:01 PM »
Perhaps they've tried to clean the marks and it's only succeeded in bringing them out worse? Just a thought.

Jules x

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2016, 05:38:22 PM »
I don't know... sometimes you overpay and sometimes you underpay for stuff on Ebay. That's just how it goes...  was there another active bidder right under her bid amount in the auction? Or did she just message you with "Or Best Offer" with some amount?   if so, that's what she offered to pay...so that's what it's worth, plus shipping.    I'm not going to take back something to a store and demand a refund because a new model came out and the old version is now 25% cheaper than what it used to sell for like 6 months ago.  That's part of inflation and economics. 

Different lighting conditions and cleaning could have made a big difference in the photos between buyer and seller though, as far as agreeing on the condition!

Name-dropping the recipient of  this gift, and trying to gain sympathy of the awkward fact that Mom spent a bit more on the gift than she *could* have....ummmmm no that is not okay.  Just explain the concerns about condition politely, and return the pony.  Or agree oops, this time you overpaid by a little bit and next time try to get _____ for less, privately amongst your family.- There is no need to take up an attitude that the recipient of the gift "knows more" about MLP than the seller.   Not all sellers on Ebay are collectors but I imagine a fairly large percentage of them would admit to keeping their personal favorites on a shelf somewhere.... ;) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016, 05:10:43 AM »
Well, if the buyer is seeking a refund because the damage was more extensive than the auction showed, than that is much more understandable and reasonable than deciding that she paid too much.

I agree with this  ^^ :nod: .

I could see the flaws TBH and the stains on the ears and feet as well as the eyes-  but yes the lighting is not showing them as well in the auction pics as on the other set of pics from the buyer - and it would have been helpful to have a pic of the back of the pony in the auction too, which is not there... but also it depends on your computer/screen how bad the flaws look. If I tilt my screen one way they look less, if I tilt it the other or adjust the brightness , they look worse. 
 I think this could have been solved more easily and amicably  had the buyer just politely  asked for a refund based on the flaws seeming worse than she expected, rather than bringing money and her daughters name and opinion into it, which made things more awkward and upset the seller - which was when things really went down hill and why the seller started a thread in here :awake:   The buyer is not a scammer though.   

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 05:35:30 AM »
While I never have anyone buy Nirvanas for me for just this reason, I think the best resolution in this case would be a return/refund. Since the case is thru eBay she may get her sellers fees back (right?) Just saying this since the buyer already refused a partial refund and the description did say something like "excellent" and the ink marks couldn't be seen. It's a lesson. Some buyers might be like "hmm maybe I can fade that" and some would find the ink totally unacceptable. The seller put in 5 pix tho. I feel like she did make an effort. I hope this works out.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 11:49:30 AM »
This is why I didn't want to go through Ebay! They told the buyer to send it to my old address. So now I am out the pony and the money. Lesson learned. Buyers don't actually read and look at pictures.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal