collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help needed with f0xtail2 on ebay  (Read 9226 times)

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Help needed with f0xtail2 on ebay
« on: January 15, 2016, 02:06:52 PM »
I sold: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121842225459?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

all flaws were pictured and described. buyer states they gave it away as a gift, but that the recipient feels she paid too much and wanted to return. As they gave it away i have no idea whats happened to it since leaving her hands. Ebay ruled in her favor but i'm on the phone with them for appeal. I don't feel i should have to pay for return shipping.

"Hi, I purchased this item based on your description as Very clean with a few spots and discoloration. This was a Christmas gift to my daughter, Debra [name removed], a collector of MLP s. She is dissatisfied with the pony and feels I spent way to much for a pony in her condition. There are many spots, discoloration of the ears and feet, and even small knicks on one foot. I would like to return the pony if I may. Sincerely, Barbara [name removed]"

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 11:21:42 PM by Loa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: scammer f0xtail2 on ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 02:11:58 PM »
Usually when I give someone a gift u don't tell them what pay for it...  I hope you are able to appeal that. A 3rd party's opinion shouldn't have any bearing on your sale.

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 05:08:39 PM »
That name sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure that her daughter is an Arena member, and I think she is the one who wrote the book on Nirvanas. Don't know if this will have any bearing on whether you accept the return or not. I do agree that it seems strange to tell someone what you spent on a gift, but maybe her daughter asked because she was dissatisfied with the condition.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 09:37:23 AM by buddyboymama »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 05:14:27 PM »
I was thinking the name sounds familiar, too. I also think the daughter is an Arena member.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 06:00:09 PM »
I sold: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121842225459?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

all flaws were pictured and described. buyer states they gave it away as a gift, but that the recipient feels she paid too much and wanted to return. As they gave it away i have no idea whats happened to it since leaving her hands. Ebay ruled in her favor but i'm on the phone with them for appeal. I don't feel i should have to pay for return shipping.

"Hi, I purchased this item based on your description as Very clean with a few spots and discoloration. This was a Christmas gift to my daughter, Debra [name removed], a collector of MLP s. She is dissatisfied with the pony and feels I spent way to much for a pony in her condition. There are many spots, discoloration of the ears and feet, and even small knicks on one foot. I would like to return the pony if I may. Sincerely, Barbara [name removed]"

Well I don't care if her daughter is the God of Pony. Her mom bought the pony, and it is totally unfair of the mom to ask you for a refund because her daughter told her that she overpaid. That's ridiculous.  The lady knew exactly what she was buying, presumably the flaws were visible in the auction- it is not your fault that she paid more than her DAUGHTER thinks that she should have ?  She isn't saying that the flaws were hidden right? Just that she feels like she didn't get a good value???? WTH

I do not think you should have to pay return shipping, and I think it is shameful of her to demand that you do so.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:00:33 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 06:30:37 PM »
The daughter is definitely a well-known member here.

Personally I think that sort of behavior is shameful.  CA, there is no way ebay should have sided with this buyer.  This is a clear cut case of buyer's remorse.  As said above, a third party's opinion should have no bearing on your sale.  The buyer is the one you made the contract with and when she bought the pony she obviously bought it in the condition stated and obviously felt the price was acceptable.  Shameful. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 06:39:04 PM »
Wow that is extremely tasteless of the buyer to negotiate a refund in this way! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 04:28:39 AM »
:huh:   you can see in the auction pictures the knicks on the feet and the damage to the eye.  Nirvana ponies are often flawed , as her daughter will know, but even her mom would know that this was not a pony in perfect condition from checking the pics, and seeing the listing, and presumably she felt it was ok to send as a gift initially because she gave it to her daughter as a gift after she had received it from you.  The mom bought the pony as a gift in the condition it was in and from the listing I can see that you even accepted a best offer price on it.

CA, there is no way ebay should have sided with this buyer.  This is a clear cut case of buyer's remorse.  As said above, a third party's opinion should have no bearing on your sale.  The buyer is the one you made the contract with and when she bought the pony she obviously bought it in the condition stated and obviously felt the price was acceptable.

I agree with this. While ebay allows buyers to return items for a number of reasons these days , it really isn't fair of them to make you accept this refund now -almost a month later -because after initially thinking she was paying a fair price and sending an offer that you accepted,  also knowing that this pony was not perfect (you say about issues in the description but also you can see in the pics)  the buyer now decided she overpaid since her daughter told her that she thinks so. You didn't sell the pony to her daughter.
  I think you are right to talk to someone from ebay on the phone about this case. :awake:
Please let us know how it goes :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 07:45:17 AM »
Total buyer's remorse.  I hope you can get eBay to side with you, but they almost always side with the buyer these days, even when the buyer is blatantly wrong.

Thanks for posting this, I've added this bidder to my blocked bidder list.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 08:11:44 AM »
I will let Gypsy know this post is here.  She's been in contact with me through this whole ordeal and needs to post pictures of what the pony really looks like.  I gave her my opinion as to whether the photos accurately showed all the flaws, and I personally would've asked for a return.  This is the reason the return was requested, not the price (although had a lower price reflected the condition of the pony, she would've been OK keeping it).

As far as her mom goes, she buys her daughter great pony gifts often, and asks for our collector opinions and advice often.  She wanted to give her daughter a nice gift, but it arrived in a condition that was dissapointing.  She asked her daughter if the condition was OK for the price she paid, worried that she may have been taken advantage of.  I would've responded the same way, having compared auction pics and description with the pics she took when it arrives. I also wouldn't have wanted my mom to have overpaid had mine come to me with the same concerns.

I'm going to encourage her to post those pics.  There were flaws not mentioned or photographed, and (in my opinion) the auction pics that do show other flaws understate the degree of damage due to the lighting.  I think this is the real issue we all need to focus on.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:50:34 AM by ashlyne »

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 09:10:14 AM »
I don't think it is fair to call a scammer a member of this community that in all this years has proved how nice she is.
We could, at least, hear her reasons and her side of the story.

I am sure that both sides will work this out.

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 09:19:23 AM »
How do we even know that's actually her daughter? Not just a name she found on a book? This sounds so wrong in many ways. Who treats a Christmas gift like that?! I really hope you win your appeal.

RainbowQuartz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 09:55:41 AM »
I'm interested to see more photos of the pony. I don't think people should be allowed a pass just because they're well known in a community, but nobody is really asking for that here. Sometimes this kind of problem can arise just from poor photography or something like that. I hope it can be resolved where everyone is happy.

Offline Gypsy

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+184)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • VNCToys.com
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »
Hey All,
   I had this item on my Christmas list, I looked over the pictures and the description carefully and knew it wasn't perfect and was fine with the flaws shown and stated. I was excited it was in the US.

*edit to add* The pony arrived 12/28/15 to my Mom due to holiday mail, contact was made 1/1/16.

It was described as "in excellent condition for her age and origin! Very clean with a few spots and discoloration. Collector's quality!"

What Mom got was a pony dark brown discoloration all over body, even her ears are brown, multiple nicks in front left hoof, blue ink marks and smears all over back running into designs and pink marker marks, and large blue scribble under tail. Due to the angle of the pictures in the listing you can not see any of the marks or the nick in the foot and they weren't listed. I was very sad and asked collectors and a Mod for their opinions on the pony and for price checks before making a decision.

*edit* The picture of the ears is to show how dark the discoloration is, it was not just on her ears and hoof edges. You can see the faint discoloration in the listing on her body, it is actually much darker.

Mom asked to return the item due to the condition, she never asked for a partial refund or to keep the pony. The seller did offer a $15 refund eventually, but Mom wanted to return the pony for a full refund. The seller stopped responding and after a week Mom asked ebay to step in and they said Mom can send it back for a refund. My mom tried to reason with her and simply stated the facts.

This could have been cleared up quickly and easily without ebay. All mom wanted to do was buy me a pony Christmas, she isn't trying to scam anyone.
Deb

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:41:59 PM by Gypsy »

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)