collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon 20th Anniversary! Get Meloetta Via Nintendo Network  (Read 171712 times)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon 20th Anniversary!
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 01:16:08 PM »
I just asked a friend of mine, am I really THAT old?' Like, 3 days ago?

I remember when it first aired.  It caught on by storm and it was something both my brother and I agreed on.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »
I was sad when nothing came out last year, even though I'm sure most people were like "Give it a rest, already!"

Same! I know we had AS/OR from the previous year, but as someone who isn't a big fan of Gen 3, I was pretty bored with those games after I finished the main storyline. So I've been itching for something new from Pokemon for a while now. That's why I'm hoping Pokemon Go will be released soon!

I've also been looking at the merch that'll be released this year for the anniversary. Nothing of interest for me, personally, but I guess that means I'll be saving money in that regard- not that I need more Pokemon stuff. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 02:03:14 PM »
Where did you see that?  I couldn't see on the how to get Mew section.  It said that you need to go to Gamestop to get the code.  If there were a card, that would mean I could wait on getting the console, which I might not be able to do until the Pokemon I want were already given out.

Click the images of each pokemon and scroll down: http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html
You have to use the Mew cards by May so you can't wait too long. And some of these are on the Nintendo Network, including the next one (Celebi in March). So if you want them all, you may not want to put it off passed then.

Ooh! I misunderstood.  I thought you meant a card with a code for the game itself.  I'm just an in game collector (and plushies) I was never one for the cards.  Hopefully I will be able to get a console by April at least.
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline melodys_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 03:07:58 PM »
Oh, I didn't realize these were givaways o.o

This available in Canada too?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Shadoweon

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 03:11:15 PM »
I didn't know that there were in game events going on,i'm glad I read this! I've never had a Mew (that was legit) and i've been playing since 2004. D:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2016, 04:43:33 PM »

Ooh! I misunderstood.  I thought you meant a card with a code for the game itself.  I'm just an in game collector (and plushies) I was never one for the cards.  Hopefully I will be able to get a console by April at least.

Ummm.... I think you may still be a bit confused. You get a card from Gamestop on it that has a code that lets you acquire the legendary pokemon (in this case Mew) for the game X, Y, OmegaRuby, or AlphaSapphire. It's not a trading card type card. It's just a card with a code, because really that makes more sense than having a bunch of people taking up the limited space inside the GameStop stores trying to download pokemon, like they used to. The card for Mew can only be gotten from GameStop in February, but the card can be activated (entered into the game to get the Mew) anytime until May.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2016, 08:09:17 PM »
My bf is going to get Sapphire or Ruby so he can get two of each pokemon release. One thing we thought of is that even if the codes don't work internationally, shouldn't the pokemon still be tradable by normal means? Meaning those looking for them / those looking to help others could theoretically exchange friend codes to do that? Just a thought. Good luck everyone. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2016, 07:46:46 AM »
I was sad when nothing came out last year, even though I'm sure most people were like "Give it a rest, already!"

Same! I know we had AS/OR from the previous year, but as someone who isn't a big fan of Gen 3, I was pretty bored with those games after I finished the main storyline. So I've been itching for something new from Pokemon for a while now.

Oh I definitely agree about R/S/E being the weaker entries in the series. I think they had some great strong points: The region, the music, and the tweaks that really made gameplay a thousand times better such as the Pokemon PC box system. However, I just didn't like them as much... I think I really hated how they took away the day/night system and pressed a 'reset' button on the story, which I really enjoyed how G/S/C were sequels to R/B/Y.

I'm glad I'm not alone! Back in the day, it was actually the popular opinion, but somewhere down the line it seems like things changed drastically and R/S/E became VERY popular while G4 and G5 received a lot of hate I feel is undeserved.

|My Collection|

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »
One of my favorite pokemon games ever would have to be either Crystal version or Platinum! I played both hardcore and almost filled up the entire pokedex! =) I ran into so many shinies in Platinum and Soul Silver!!!! Pokemon Rumble (the first one!) I really loved too! I still have my old gamecube and N64 games! Someday I will collect every pokemon game ever released lol.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:20:55 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2016, 11:47:00 AM »
Ooooh, I didn't know about any of this! Thanks for the heads up! I still don't have OR or AS, so I need to go ahead and get one of those! I actually still need to finish Y...

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2016, 12:01:37 PM »

Oh I definitely agree about R/S/E being the weaker entries in the series. I think they had some great strong points: The region, the music, and the tweaks that really made gameplay a thousand times better such as the Pokemon PC box system. However, I just didn't like them as much... I think I really hated how they took away the day/night system and pressed a 'reset' button on the story, which I really enjoyed how G/S/C were sequels to R/B/Y.

I'm glad I'm not alone! Back in the day, it was actually the popular opinion, but somewhere down the line it seems like things changed drastically and R/S/E became VERY popular while G4 and G5 received a lot of hate I feel is undeserved.

I always get so much crap for putting gens 5 and 6 above 3. 2 will always be my favorite for various reasons, but I truly and honestly just didn't get the hype for Gen 3 remakes. And I was very underwhelmed once I played the game. I've actually never played a Gen 4 game, so I can't judge them (that was during my off-time from Pokemon) and I didn't get back into the series until Soul Silver, which is still my favorite game.

Oooh, speaking of which! You know what would be amazing for them to incorporate into a new game? Pokemon walking behind you again! That was probably the best gimmick ever.

I really do think it'd be neat for them to release a new game of some sort this year, for the 20th anniversary of the franchise. Like... Pokemon Snap for the Wii U is a thing that needs to happen, just sayin'. :lol: I just want them to go all out with merchandise and things like that for the anniversary. I'm looking forward to any more announcements about what they plan to do this year.
Instagram / Want List

Offline melodys_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2016, 12:17:31 PM »
I actually got the connection going again..it apparently needed a few major updates o.o

I guess we will see if gamestop has those cards in feb or if im poking a US friend to get me a few (siblings also play)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2016, 12:57:02 PM »
So if I was to go out and buy one of the new games for this event (the newest one I have is Pokemon Black) and I do have at least one game from each generation up to that point, which game would you recommend?  Alpha, Omega, X or Y?  (Keeping in mind that I have the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games.)

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2016, 01:10:21 PM »
So if I was to go out and buy one of the new games for this event (the newest one I have is Pokemon Black) and I do have at least one game from each generation up to that point, which game would you recommend?  Alpha, Omega, X or Y?  (Keeping in mind that I have the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games.)

I'm a little biased, so I'd say X or Y. I really think those games were a lot of fun, but I'm sure lots of people would tell you to get AS or OR. I'd say if you absolutely loved Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, then get the remakes. X and Y are really nice if you have any interest at all in the newer Pokemon and getting to explore a new region. If you're only getting a newer game for the legendary Pokemon events, I guess it doesn't really matter much.
Instagram / Want List

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »
I like X & Y because I like the friend safaris!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal