collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Be My Valentine Swap 2016! ~ All done!!!  (Read 13007 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Be My Valentine Swap 2016! ~ All done!!!
« on: January 09, 2016, 07:56:47 AM »
Be My Valentine Swap 2016!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Will you be my valentine? In this swap, you will be assigned to be someone’s valentine this year! You will be expected to get your partner a box full of valentine goodies! Your box should be based on your partner’s interests and include lots of love! It’ll be a secret swap, so shhhh! No telling who your partner is! This swap will not have a wishlist, but it will be important to let your partner know the things you like/dislike!

:heart: Budget :heart:
The minimum for this swap is $20. You will be expected to spend at least half ($10) on a few gifts for your partner based on their interests (ponies, pokemon, Disney, monster high, dolls, etc). The other half of the budget should be spent on Valentine goodies! This can include candy, stickers, pens, whatever your partner expresses interest in!
Please try not to exceed the swap budget by more than $5.
The cost of shipping IS NOT included in the swap budget.

:heart: Rules and Regulations :heart:
-Per arena rules you must be at least 16 years old
-You must be an active member for at least 6 months (joined by July 2015)
-You must have at least 300 posts
-You must have at least 5 recent positive feedbacks from trade/swaps on the Arena (A 100% eBay feedback may count as one if you are short)
-No negative feedback within the past two years (I will address this on a case-by-case basis)
-You must be willing to ship internationally (I will do my best match shipping preferences, but you may not refuse to ship international)

:heart: Other requirements :heart:
-This is a random swap, so please do not contact your partner! Do not post who your partner is. If you have any questions you need to ask your partner specifically, please PM me and I will ask for you.
-Please post a minimum of two times per week in the swap discussion thread. It is very disheartening when someone’s partner hardly ever posts in the discussions.
-You MAY NOT drop out once your application has been approved. Anyone who fails to send a box to their partner will be marked as a flaker and appropriate feedback will be left.
-All gifts should be wrapped, and teasers are to be posted before shipping. It makes it more fun when everyone posts a teaser!
-The secret word is "candy heart"
-Please include a note/card/valentine in your box, so your partner knows who got them the wonderful gifts!
-Leave feedback for your partner once you have received your box
-Please post a brag of your haul! The brag thread will be started by the first person to receive their box.
-If any questions or problems come up, please contact me ASAP.

:heart: Deadlines :heart:
-Sign-ups until Wednesday January 13th at 8pm (MST)
-Partners by Thursday January 14th 
-Shopping: January 14th -  February 5th
-Shipping Deadline (Both International and Domestic) – Friday February 5th

Please try to send in time to allow your box to arrive for Valentine’s day. I know the swap has a short shopping time, but you should be able to get most Valentine things at local stores.

:heart: Participants :heart:

1. Mkia9 Shipped
2. Ladybastilla Shipped
3. Icecreamgirl Shipped
4. Ledbyrd Shipped
5. BethyVic Shipped
6. ShugarGlider Shipped
7. ChipsteRJ Shipped

:heart: How do I sign up? :heart:
Please PM me with the title “Be My Valentine Swap Application” and include this information:
-Forum name:
-Real name and address:
-email address/alternate contact:
-Link to your feedback (or ebay account if using that as one feedback)
-Shipping preference (domestic/international…I cannot make promises, but will do my best to match you with your preference):
-Sectret word:

Once I have received and approved your application, please post your answers to this questionnaire in the thread:
Favorite color:
Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!):
What do you collect? Anything you are currently looking for? (ex: monster high, ponies, pokemon, Disney, etc):
What would be good extras for you?:
What are your favorite Valentine themes? (I.e. cupid, hearts, kisses etc):

Please feel free to ask other questions throughout the thread! I will do my best to update the questions asked by the group in this post!

Approved ~ Kiwi, Jan 9/16

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:15:57 PM by mkia9 »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Re: Be My Valentine Swap 2016! ~ Sign ups OPEN!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 08:47:32 AM »
Going to start working on my application. Glad to see you noticed there were no secret words. :lol: Was about to pm you about that. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 08:50:54 AM »
Going to start working on my application. Glad to see you noticed there were no secret words. :lol: Was about to pm you about that. :)
Haha yeah, oops!

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 09:03:35 AM »
I am v tempted by this swap, I really enjoyed it last year! Going to do some number crunching to see if I can afford to take part  :)

Edit: numbers looking good - sending my app in!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:12:29 AM by icecreamgirl »
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
this swap sounds so cute, but the timing is not really doable for me now (just broke a tooth earlier this week, totally unexpected :huh: so my extra money for this month goes there :S ). I might be stalking the thread and the brags though ^^ I hope everyone will have lots of fun! :cool:
speaking of brags, could anyone post a link to last year's brags for this swap? I totally missed it last year, and would be interested in the boxes the participants put together. I'm sure it would inspire the current participants too ;)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 10:51:59 AM »
this swap sounds so cute, but the timing is not really doable for me now (just broke a tooth earlier this week, totally unexpected :huh: so my extra money for this month goes there :S ). I might be stalking the thread and the brags though ^^ I hope everyone will have lots of fun! :cool:
speaking of brags, could anyone post a link to last year's brags for this swap? I totally missed it last year, and would be interested in the boxes the participants put together. I'm sure it would inspire the current participants too ;)

Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. :( Here is a link to last year's brag thread. I hope all goes well with getting that sorted out. Take care.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,365843.msg1353775.html#msg1353775

Swap Wishlist

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 02:41:45 PM »
Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. :( Here is a link to last year's brag thread. I hope all goes well with getting that sorted out. Take care.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,365843.msg1353775.html#msg1353775
thank you for the lovely wishes, ladybastilla! :) I hope it won't be too difficult and as worrysome to the doctors as is to me, and there will be a solution (that doesn't cost an arm and a leg). I haven't had something like this happen since I lost my milk teeth, but back then at least it wasn't something to worry about >_<

also thank you very much for the link! I looked through all the boxes, and they were all lovely and clearly put together with love and care. it must have been an awesome swap! still, if possible, I wish you all an even better one for this year ;)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »
Just sent my application in! So excited! Yay! :lovey:

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 03:23:33 PM »
Yay we have a good group started so far!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 03:27:51 PM »
Sent in my application!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 07:55:25 PM »

Favorite color:
Orange! Especially with pink or yellow or red. For valentine's day, I love the black and red combo and pink and white combo.

Favorites
Dark chocolate, Lindt truffles (love milk and dark ones), sour gummi worms, M&Ms (mini and peanut are my favs), cookies (tim tams, pirouette, wafer kind)

Dislikes
Not a fan of fruity chocolate. I don't like crunch bars (or anything with that rice crunch type stuff in chocolate). Not a fan of cheap chocolate (like off brand dollar store kind. I'm fine with Hersheys, etc). I am not huge on cinnamon candies.

What do you collect? Anything you are currently looking for? (ex: monster high, ponies, pokemon, Disney, etc):
I collect lots of Disney! My biggest collections are merch from the Aristocats and Pocahontas movies, but I am slowly growing other Disney collections.

I love Disney Tsum Tsums! Ones I am still looking for:
-Ariel
-Rajah
-Genie
-Miss Bunny
-Lucifer
-Lady
-Tramp
-Nana
-Tick Tock
-Figaro

I collect Disney mugs, too. Ones I don't have yet, but would like, include beauty and the beast (I do have Chip), Ariel, Frozen, Wreck it Ralph, and Big Hero 6.

I love Disney plushies, mugs, pins, figures, art, anything really!! For Valentine's day, I really like Mickey and Minnie together. So any cute item with both of them on it, or a set of plushies, etc, would be awesome!

Here's a link to my wishlist from last year and there are some pics of my current collection. Unfortunately, the pictures are not all-inclusive, but at least you can see a good chunk of what I have.
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,364824.msg1341092.html#msg1341092

And here's a link to my pinterest board that shows a bunch of stuff that I would love to have at some point:
https://www.pinterest.com/haileymarie92/collection-wants/

Candy, stickers, cute little Mickey and Minnie things. More Disney stuff.

Mickey and Minnie!! :). I also like cats and dogs with valentine stuff. I like hearts in general. Not a fan of cupid or lips/kisses.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:52:12 PM by mkia9 »

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 11:09:20 PM »
Icecreamgirl's Valentines Info  :candle:

Favorite color:
Pink and Blue

Chocolate - I like milk chocolate. Chocolate with caramel, marshmallow, nuts all good! I don't like coconut, marzipan, Turkish delight, peanut butter
Sweets - I like gummy sweets. I love laffy taffy. I don't like black liquorice
Chips - I love Cheetos, cheese and the jalepeno and cheese flavour. I can't get these in the UK either
I like drinking coffee and hot cocoa especially topped with marshmallows! I don't drink tea!
No allergies

My Little Pony:
Here is a link to my wish list, anything off here would be welcome!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=354014.msg1169431#msg1169431
I also like G1 pony merchandise

Disney:
I love almost everything Disney! I guess my favourites are Winnie the Pooh and friends. Minnie and Mickey. Donald Duck. Aristocats, Snow White and the seven dwarfs. Thumper. My son loves Peter Pan characters and finding Nemo

Tsum tsums! The small ones please! So far I only have 4! (Winnie the Pooh, Donald Duck, Peter Pan and Smee)

I like things you can use. Eg. Disney themed ~
Stickers
Stationary items such as pens, post its, note pads
Keychains
Bags
Kitchen stuff
Things you can wear, socks, scarfs, jewellery
Pins
I have a few plushies but prefer smaller ones

Snoopy stuff:
I love love Snoopy, anything Snoopy related is good!

Candy, stickers, stationary items, washi tape,  cookie cutters

What are your favorite Valentine themes?
Hearts. I would also love any disney or snoopy related valentines stuff

Partner, do you like hand made things?
Yes love them!

Do you wear bracelets and earrings?
I do but not that often. I have pierced ears and really small wrists!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:13:30 AM by icecreamgirl »
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 11:21:32 PM »
Favorite color: Pink! Current favorite combo is pastel pink and mint green.

Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!): So, I am allergic to a lot of things, especially red dye #40 and wheat gluten. But most dark chocolate is safe. I like gummy candy made with fruit juice (not dyes).

What do you collect? Anything you are currently looking for?: In case you want to include any ponies (but you don't have to!). I collect G1, G3 and G4 MLP. G1 Wish list. G3, I can't find my spreadsheet but I have a lot :blink:. G4, I'm looking for Starlight Glimmer.

I also love Pokemon (especially Pikachu and Tepig) and Sailor Moon. I collect cute stationery and stickers and small plushies. I don't think I'm looking for anything too specific. I'll just post some pics of my collections for now:

Spoiler
My Anime shelf (doesn't show some new items that were hand-made for me):

My Pikachus: (doesn't show my Pikachu from the Pokemon swap last year, and my Build-A-Bear Pikachu)

I need to take a photo of my Sailor Moon merch!

What would be good extras for you?: Dark chocolate, herbal teas, flavored coffees, socks, stickers, washi tape, stationery, handmade art and crafts.

What are your favorite Valentine themes? (I.e. cupid, hearts, kisses etc): Hearts, cute animal pairs.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 10:37:11 PM by ShugarGlider »

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 01:03:23 AM »

:heart: Favorite Color: :heart:

For valentines day I like red and white, red and silver, red and gold, hot pink and white or silver, or pastels like pink, blue, and purple. As always I like leopard print and anything shiny, sparkly or glittery.

:heart: Candy Likes & Dislikes: :heart:

Allergies: None

I Like: (chocolate): I like Milk and White chocolate. I like chocolate with peanut butter or hazelnut filling. I like chocolate with peanuts and almonds. I like chocolate with cookie or wafer. I like chocolate with caramel or mint. I like dark chocolate when it's paired with something (almonds, for example) but I don't care for it on its own.

Chocolate Examples: Bueno, Peanut Butter Cups, M&Ms, Twix, Kitkat, TimTams, Caramilk, Peppermint Patties, Lindt truffles, Hersheys kisses, and chocolate covered Pocky.

I Like: (candy): Jolly Ranchers, Airheads, Skittles, Jelly Beans, Real Fruit Gummies, Starburst, Gushers / Juicy Squirts.

I also like tea (black, white, chai, with fruit) and hot chocolate (plain, with marshmellows, with mint).

I Don't Like: Coconut, black licorice, nerds, whoppers, anything extremely hot or extremely sour, those little hearts with words on them. (They look cute but I always end up throwing them out.)

I love trying new sweets and beverages.

:heart: Things I Collect: :heart:

My Little Pony: Here are a few ponies that are either girlie, related to sweets, or that seem otherwise appropriate.

Spoiler
G1:

Princesses: Starburst and Royal Blue

Sundae Best: Crunch Berry, Sherbert, and Peppermint Crunch

Sweetheart Sisters: Fancy Flower, Bright Night, Twinkler, Pretty Belle

Flutter Ponies: Tropical Breeze, Rosedust, Peach Blossom

Other: Snuzzle, Starshine, Bowtie, Sweet Suds, SS Cupcake, Caramel Crunch, Flower Dream, Lovin' Kisses

G3:

Silver Song,, Waterfire, Twirlerina, Butter Pop, Morning Monarch, Midnight Dream, Always and Forever, Serendipity, Yours Truly, Sweetie Belle (any Valentine one).

Note: I have not researched the current values on these MLP. Please disregard anything that's out of the swap budget.

Note 2: All the ponies on my wishlist are ones I'm still interested in. I received Sunnybunch, Baby Starburst, Princess Primrose, Princess Serena, Swirly Whirly, Twinkler (sparkle Pony), Starsong, Starswirl and Amberlocks during or close to the holidays.

Disney: I actively collect Belle / Beauty and the Beast items and Disgust / Inside Out (I also love Sadness and Anger). I'm also slowly starting to collect Frozen items. My favorite Frozen character is Elsa. Other Disney characters I like include Ariel, Jasmine, Lady & Tramp, Bianca and Bernard, Robin Hood and Aurora.

Sailor Moon: I love pretty much anything Sailor Moon. My favorite character is Jupiter, but there is no major character in the anime that I dislike, so it's all good. :)

Pokemon: I would love a pokemon figure, plush or stickers. My favorite Pokemon are Shaymin, Eevee (and all Eevee-lutions), Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Jigglypuff. I also adore Mankey, but he's hard to get items for.

:heart: Random Toys / Collectibles: :heart:

I think the Shopkins "Shoppies" are the cutest things ever. My favorite is Popette, but they're all adorable. (No idea how much they are regular price; I could only find them marked up on Amazon. Disregard if expensive.)

I also like regular Shopkins in all their varied cute / strangeness. They remind me of the Crazy Bone fever from the 90s. <3

Monster High Vinyl -- I haven't seen any of these around here, but they're so cute. My favorites are Ghoulia, Spectra and Venus.

Ever After High dolls. Suggestions: Holly O'Hair, Dutchess Swan, Apple White, Maddie Hatter, Lizzie Hearts.

Monster High Dolls. Suggestions:  Venus McFlytrap, Ghoulia Yelps (already own original doll and Dawn of the Dance doll), Robecca Steam, Skyra Bouncegait and Rochelle Goyle.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm also interested in stuff like books, stickers, craft stuff, coloring / activity books, etc. that involve the various toys / dolls listed under any of the above headings.

:heart: What would be good extras for you?: :heart:

I collect mugs, keychains, stickers and coloring books. I love washi tape, cute post-it notes, scrapbooking supplies, lip gloss and chocolate / candy.

:heart: What are your favorite Valentine themes? (I.e. cupid, hearts, kisses etc): :heart:

I like traditional things like cupid, hearts, glitter, lace, and flowers. Chocolate and popcorn both have special meaning to me since my bf and I are long distance but always go to the movies when he visits and always make some type of chocolate baked good. I like princess and fantasy themed things since I write fantasy and paranormal romance.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Questions from the Group: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:heart: Partner, do you like hand made things? :heart:

Absolutely. :)

:heart: Do you wear bracelets and earrings? :heart:

I do wear jewelry from time to time, but I have to be careful what I choose because I can't do up little clasps. I had my ears pierced when I was young, but that didn't end up working out for me. I do like longer necklaces / necklaces that clasp with a button or magnetic closure and bracelets I can slip on, though.

:heart: Question: Do you like bath products / nail decals / lip gloss? :heart:

I like lotions and shower gels. I don't do my nails that often, but when I do I tend to like 'spring' colors like baby blue, lilac and soft pink. I love lip gloss, especially ones that have a nice scent like fruit, vanilla, etc.

:heart: Partner, I'm considering doing a bit of art for you. Do you have any favorite pairings from an anime, manga, video game, cartoon, etc? :heart:

Belle & Beast (As Beast or Prince Adam), Mario & Peach, Link x Zelda, Henry x Female "My Unit" (Fire Emblem Awakening -- Description: Medium build, red hair, shoulder length haircut with textured ends. She's primarily a mage in my game.), Ike x Elencia (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Green Ranger x Pink Ranger (Tommy x Kimberly; Power Rangers), Cecil x Rosa (Final Fantasy IV), Rinoa x Squall (Final Fantasy VIII)... I could go on, but this is already getting lengthy. :lol: The above are in no particular order.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:00:05 PM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 11:43:05 AM »

:heart:Ledbyrd's Valentine Swap Questions!:heart:

Favorite Color:

I like bright, fun colors. For Valentine's Day I like red, bright pink and purple.

I have no food allergies. I love chocolate...milk, dark and white are all yummy. I like Hershey kisses, Lindt truffles, Ferrero Roche, chocolate dipped Pocky, Reese Nutrageous and peanut butter cups, m&m's. I also like gummy candies like gummy bears, cola bottles and sour keys.

My food dislikes include chocolate with fruit flavours and fillings, hard candies, and inexpensive dollar store chocolate. I don't like Pez. The dispensers are cute but the candy isn't for me. I also don't like to eat Valentine conversation hearts.

MLP - I collect G1 and G4. My wish list in my siggy is up to date. I love fun G1 and G4 merch like stickers, stationary, mugs, buttons/pins, magnets, original artwork, small plushes

Care Bears - I have a small collection of vintage porcelains. I have one MIP vintage plastic figurine of Grumpy Bear and would love more (doesn't have to be MIP) I also like Care Bear themed merch. I would love some vintage fridge magnets! I would also love one of the new glittery blind bag Care Bears. I haven't been able to find those in the stores near me.

Hello Kitty - I collect all things Hello Kitty. Tiny plushes, key chains, mugs, magnets, stationary, stickers, jewlery, pins/buttons, lanyards, small figures. Any of that would be great :)

Rainbow Brite - I have the rainbow Brite and white sprite itty bitties from Halmark but I would love the purple sprite. Any other merch would be great too.

Shopkins - My oldest daughter and I are obsessed with collecting them. A small blind pack would be awesome! The plushes are cute too :)

Unicorns - I love all things unicorn. Small plushes, vintage porcelain figures, socks, magnets, mugs, jewelry (I wear earrings, necklaces and bracelets), key chains, stickers. Tokidoki Unicorno figures are super cool, I don't have any of them yet. Anything else fun with a unicorn theme would be great.

Unique art work - if you're artsy or crafty I would love something handmade. If you customize ponies I would love a Nightlight custom for my army.

I like anything super glittery! Sparkly lip gloss, shiny earrings, fun fridge magnets, crafty stationary, stickers, fun socks, washi tape etc. Basically everything that I've already mentioned above lol.

Hearts, hearts and more hearts! I love hearts all year long :lovey:

Group questions - coming soon!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:53:14 AM by Ledbyrd »

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal