collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Temporary storage advice please! (Moving soon!)  (Read 1151 times)

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary storage advice please! (Moving soon!)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 09:05:00 PM »
I am sure you will receive lots of different tips  :). Personally I am a fan of Ziploc bags, not sealed completely tight until ready, and a dryer sheet or 2 thrown in the tote. I also recommend keeping the tote on a cool place, so moisture does not build  :)

Would "Clear and Free" dryer sheets work just as well.. or are you talking about the scented ones? :)

Yes, I think the clear and free would be best  :)  If I use scented at all its usually the fresh scent, I forget that people use other scents  :lol:

Post Merge: January 13, 2016, 09:07:02 PM

I prefer to stand my ponies. I've found that if you lie them on their side in layers, the bottom layers get squished, which results in some ponies getting a bit deformed (especially the ones that prone to standing problems). Just watch for horns getting bent! I usually put the unicorns on the top layer.  I also line them up with ponies of the same pose and similar size in each row - a row of adults, then a row of babies on their back, and fill the bottom layer of the tote or box. Then I add several layers of bubble wrap for support, then a layer of cardboard for a flat surface, and some packs of dessicant to keep it all nice and dry, and then put another layer of ponies. Each pony is in a plastic sandwich bag, or a Ziploc that is not sealed.

I also agree with this, my ponies are always standing, with like poses in rows, although i stack rows on each other. Side note- ponies that are of pose that already has difficulty standing, I put one packaging peanut between their legs  :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:07:02 PM by cassstorm »

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 01:47:46 PM »
Thank you all!  I love all the tips!  (I probably will get some under bed bins once I get settled in!)

I have begun to pack.  And even with a relatively small collection, I still have a lot of stuff!!

Got my stuffed animals on the bottom, followed by some MH dolls (wrapped in plain white paper towels) then a layer of Fairy Tail Birds.  The MLPs are on the top.   That took some time, as all the birds and ponies and dolls are individually wrapped!   *whew*   

Its a nice big plastic storage bin.  Full of my favorite things!  I'll be sure this one doesn't get stuff stacked on it!  :P

(I still have a long, long, way to go.  But I feel better at least having some of my favorite 'toys' packed up safely.  ;) )

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 03:41:29 PM »
Make sure your dont stack too many ponies on top of one another :) It may sound silly but depending on pose they are surprisingly easy pushed into a different position. I always think thats something to remember.

Good luck with the move! :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal