collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New MLP lines 2016 (Yay stock pics!)  (Read 41092 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
New MLP lines 2016 (Yay stock pics!)
« on: January 06, 2016, 12:18:19 PM »
So next month will be NY Toy Fair. And that means news on what's coming out later this year. Unfortunately it is only open to the toy industry and the media. Does anyone know of any bloggers who are planning to attend?

Anything anyone is hoping to see? I'm personally hoping for more Equestria Girls Minis and more of the translucent pearly brushables and more regular Equestria Girls.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 02:03:19 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2016 is coming!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 01:14:21 PM »
I'm also hoping for the minis, as I'm really impressed with the EqG minis! They also seem to be selling well enough that there's no reason for them not to make more. For those of us who like EqG but don't like the dolls, this was a God send! Give us Sunset Shimmer, Hasbro!

I'd honestly like to see more blind bag mini sets. I love the Pinkie and Applejack family ones, now I'd like to see Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity and Twilight get their own!

As always, hoping for more characters to get brushables and for some more fashion style ponies since those are my favorite.

As for non-Hasbro pony things, I'm hoping to see some new stuff from Funko. Maybe a glimpse of the Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis vinyls assuming those don't get released within the next month. :)
Instagram / Want List

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 01:20:35 PM »
Whoa, already? It feels like the last one was just yesterday! ...including the previews for the Big Mac pop we never saw again  :hmm:
I agree on the blindbag sets and sparkly brushables. 4 new Explore Equestria singles were listed somewhere recent,y, including 3 new characters - maybe we'll see them?
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 02:32:09 PM »
I would just like to see more of anything that is not the Mane 6. Although really, I'd not be too disappointed if they made Water Cuties of every character, lol.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 02:41:57 PM »
I'm dreading this because of the MH reboot.  :cry:

Pony wise I guess more water ones. I don't like G4 so idrc what they do, but the water ones with the glitter and stuff make me think of cups I had as a kid from Disney World so those are cool.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 03:40:37 PM »

Pony wise I guess more water ones. I don't like G4 so idrc what they do, but the water ones with the glitter and stuff make me think of cups I had as a kid from Disney World so those are cool.
There is a whole slew of rumors going around about the MH Reboot, even one that said the doll reboot is only for outside the US..

As for MLP, I'm hoping they will FINALLY have boy brushables.. we have been asking for boys for over 5 years now XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Emerald

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 03:56:30 PM »

There is a whole slew of rumors going around about the MH Reboot, even one that said the doll reboot is only for outside the US..

PLEASE LET THAT BE TRUE!!!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 05:42:37 PM »

PLEASE LET THAT BE TRUE!!!

I hope the reboot won't be here! I mean I'll feel bad for international fans and collectors, but lol...I'd been on the fence about wanting to collect the actual dolls (currently I only collect the vinyls), but since I heard about the reboot, I've been frantic thinking about how to figure out which ones I want most and how I can get the money to buy them while I still can, lol!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Princess Lala

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 07:10:03 PM »
Aaaaaaaah this has been on my mind sooooooo much! Im so excited!!! I hope some NEW ponies will be shown that we haven't seen leaked or revealed yet! I can see the translucent ponies and the Explore Equesteria toys being officially revealed but I hope there is something cool that will blow my mind! Last year I fell in love with the Funko Hikari Rainbow Dashes and the Toys R US exclusives. I wonder what 2016 will bring for us out of the Hasbro factory! Maybe less Pinkie Pies?
 :silly:

Im also excited to see new Monster High Dolls and hopefully a new line of dolls! *squee* I want more Zelfs too!

EDIT (again): I just got some Dead Tired dolls in with new Box Art! I'm not sure if this is the reboot people are talking about but here are rereleases! I looked up my modular sheets and saw I have the Gloom Beach dolls coming too!

Picture from my IG:

I haven't seen any new dolls with new eyes though.

*Has the Toy Fair only been available to a select group of people this whole time? I thought you could just buy the tickets and hang out there for the weekend like most conventions! xD
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:31:49 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 07:50:43 PM »
Im also excited to see new Monster High Dolls and hopefully a new line of dolls! *squee* I want more Zelfs too!
EDIT: As far as the reboot dolls being exclusive to international releases, I can confirm that is false! Its happening in America too! Check these out, I JUST got these in! New boxart!
From what I understand the reboot is for the show in the US, a lot of MH people were in an uproar when leaks for changing the dolls were happening too. From what I heard, so far the US will be getting re-releases of previous lines... but no changes to the dolls really (the update changed mostly the eyes and a few other things in the dolls according to the leaks which upset several of the fans...)

We can only guess what will really happen after a certain point.

I'd love to see more non TRU Zelfs.. If I'm going to get something most of the time I want to see it in person first and there is no Local TRU in my area...

You guys think we will get to see more new pony characters that are normal bushables?

Princess Lala

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 08:05:07 PM »
^ Oooooh okay, thanks so much! I had to google they new eye pattern thing and saw what you meant! I edited my original post so I don't confuse people. I guess reboot and rereleases with new art are different. Well I guess I am a little happy that I haven't seen any of the newer eye patterned dolls here in my new modular freight! I'm glad they are re-releasing the older doll lines though as I missed out on so many Draculaura dolls I wanted!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:27:21 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 08:13:20 PM »
I hope to see new brushable ponies, hopefully without any crazy gimmicks, and will hope they will actually show in stores before the year us out this time   :pout: I'll be interested to see new mini figures even though I've kinda only been very selectively collecting them lately, and new funko ponies even though I've stopped collecting them completely. Well, unless they make the accurate color mystery minis more available.

@Princess Lala yep toy fair has always been an industry only show, never a public con.

As far as non- MLP, I'm interested to see what EAH will be up to for the upcoming year.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 08:14:44 PM »
@Princess Lala
Lol yeah, however, I think all of this is still up in the air XD

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 10:44:49 PM »
EDIT: As far as the reboot dolls being exclusive to international releases, I can confirm that is false! Its happening in America too! Check these out, I JUST got these in! New boxart!
From what I understand the reboot is for the show in the US, a lot of MH people were in an uproar when leaks for changing the dolls were happening too. From what I heard, so far the US will be getting re-releases of previous lines... but no changes to the dolls really (the update changed mostly the eyes and a few other things in the dolls according to the leaks which upset several of the fans...)

We can only guess what will really happen after a certain point.

I'd love to see more non TRU Zelfs.. If I'm going to get something most of the time I want to see it in person first and there is no Local TRU in my area...

You guys think we will get to see more new pony characters that are normal bushables?

The new faces remind me of Sweet Screams which is one of my favorite lines so yeah I'm biased and the bodies are getting new details like Clawdeen getting a furry texture on her arms and Cleo getting molded wraps. That's not what has everyone worried. Most people are upset about the unarticulated arms and the lack of outfit details on the budget lines and most of all the overwhelming overabundance of Draculaura and Frankie.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 01:21:23 AM »
I'm excited for Toy Fair but it's not exactly for MLP. I'm not even gonna let myself get excited excited for new characters in the brushables since the likelihood they'll be released in the US is so-so. Everything else that WILL make it to the States I hardly have any interest in. EQG isn't my thing and I've stopped buying the solid minis/blindbags. I'm really only looking forward to whatever whacky set will be the new TRU exclusive.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:35:23 PM by Shimmer Mist »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal