collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: GUESS WHO I FOUND FOR .19 cents @ GOODWILL! :0 *UPDATED PIC!*  (Read 6183 times)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: GUESS WHO I FOUND FOR .19 cents @ GOODWILL! :0 *UPDATED PIC!*
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »
Her flocking looks gorgeous!  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
Congrats on finding Crumpet at such a great price and your new Lullabye Nursery.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 01:31:17 PM »

I know, right??? Even dirty with tangled hair, I could tell that she was going to clean up nicely and she so totally did!!!!! :whoa: After her spa treatment, she's totally collector condition and that's unbelievable considering where she came from... I swear that entire day felt like a dream and if I didn't have her in my hands I still woulda thought that it was only a dream! :happy:

After she was squeaky clean, I kept rubbing her flocking on my face and smelling her. I don't care if that's weird haha  :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:37:09 PM by SunnyDazeAhead »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 01:37:37 PM »
Wow, how amazing!!! I wish there was something like that shop over here!

Jules x

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »
Crumpet!!!! :frolic: What unbelievable luck! The pony Gods have surely smiled upon you today.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 01:42:03 PM »
My home town didn't have this either and I didn't even know that it existed until I moved an hour away and now I'm pretty much addicted to making the trip because you really never know what you will find. If I find any mail orders or taf babies or Punzie (!!!) I may actually pass out lol :drunk:

ETA:  Thanks LAW! The pony gods were extremely kind and generous on that day... he he... I still can't really wrap my mind around it. I'm still in shock! :silly:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:47:30 PM by SunnyDazeAhead »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 02:19:13 PM »
Wow, congrats! I've never been to a Goodwill Outlet (not even sure they have them here in the great white north), but they look like terrifying places from thrifting videos I've seen on YouTube. Crumpet looks like she's in damn good shape for a thrift store find, too!

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline yarnie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2016, 08:27:49 PM »
thats such a cool story! and im glad you were so lucky, i know the goodwill by the pound outlets really are scary from personal experience hahaha. i thought it was just where i lived that everybody acted like starving buzzards when they raided the bins, but i guess that feeding frenzy when the bins are rolled out isnt just here in arizona hahaha.
 ive never been pony hunting at the goodwills before, but you've given me a little inspiration to brave the bins and see what happens  :lol:

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2016, 12:49:01 AM »
WOW!!!!  That is really like the pony dreams I have, finding gems like that in a bin (but yeah then I wake up to disappointment :lol: ) And you found not only her, but other ponies/etc! Congrats ^_^ There used to be a Goodwill outlet in queens that I passed often, but I never had the chance to go in.  Now I wish i had!

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2016, 08:38:09 AM »

I know, right??? Even dirty with tangled hair, I could tell that she was going to clean up nicely and she so totally did!!!!! :whoa: After her spa treatment, she's totally collector condition and that's unbelievable considering where she came from... I swear that entire day felt like a dream and if I didn't have her in my hands I still woulda thought that it was only a dream! :happy:

After she was squeaky clean, I kept rubbing her flocking on my face and smelling her. I don't care if that's weird haha  :P

Hey, that's not weird at all!  ^.^ I like to pet the SSs like they are real horses..  :biggrin:

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2016, 10:05:46 AM »
What a great find! The feeling when you find ponys in a Outletstore is the Best! :)

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2016, 06:47:37 PM »
thats such a cool story! and im glad you were so lucky, i know the goodwill by the pound outlets really are scary from personal experience hahaha. i thought it was just where i lived that everybody acted like starving buzzards when they raided the bins, but i guess that feeding frenzy when the bins are rolled out isnt just here in arizona hahaha.
 ive never been pony hunting at the goodwills before, but you've given me a little inspiration to brave the bins and see what happens  :lol:

Oh em gee!! The outlets are def not for the faint of heart  as it's like black Friday madness every hour on the hour. Shoving pushing, knocking people  over with carts, jostling for position when the new bins are rolled out... The same damn Mexican dude putting his paws on stuff before you're allowed yet. Hearing "HANDS OUTTA DA BIN!!!" From disgruntled employees hahah it truly is a unique experience. I found more G1s last night. A happy tails pony, baby ballerina pony, and two more So Softs!  SS Cupcake and SS North Star. :happy: It's exciting because I've never found this much G1 stuff before so I feel really blessed and lucky. :lovey:

Tonight no vintage ponies but I took home a styling Flutter shy and a purple play pen that belongs to the newborn baby ponies. I found some G1 combs and brushes also so I'm pleased about that hehe :silly:

All in all, it can be a scary competitive experience but if I can find ponies and other vintage girls toys then it's well worth the hassle in my opinion LOL :lmao:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 06:51:07 PM by SunnyDazeAhead »

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2016, 06:52:40 PM »
That is so awesome!!  Congrats  :happy:

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »
After reading about your post earlier this week, I checked out a SVDP dig and save store today for the first time and that was interesting.  It looks like St Vincent's has the same large bins as the goodwill store you were at.  There was so much ruckus in there, people just whipping through the bins. And they have objects with sharp edges buried amongst the items.  Not good when you have dry hands.  Having a second person with you would be ideal as the bins are like 4 feet across and 10 feet long, and lined up end to end.  That way you and your friend could each take one side and walk down the aisles.  I don't consider my self faint of heart but don't think I will be going back any time soon.   :crazy:

But hey, congratulations on your great finds. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:41:28 PM by jrr74 »
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2016, 07:22:41 AM »

LOL I pet and cuddle and smell my ponies all the time, lmao I don't think it's weird (or at least it isn't in this crowd, lol)! It's therapeutic, I think.  :good:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal