collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay help/wrong address and tracked shipping  (Read 746 times)

Offline Siiri

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay help/wrong address and tracked shipping
« on: January 25, 2016, 08:59:00 AM »
Hi!

I'm asking help on behalf of my friend.

She bought an item from Ebay and it was sent as " international first class package international service and features priority mail international parcel ". First question, does this type of package include tracking?

On USPS-website there is only mention about pre-shipment info and then 9 days later "delivered, In/At Mailbox" and the same city that the package left. Second question, does anyone think it is possible that the package came all the way to Finland and then back in 9 days? The seller says the package did not come back to him/her.

My friend had just moved and she had the old address in PayPal but Finnish Post re-directs the post for a while after the change so I don't think it was the problem..

The seller asked about the package from USPS and they answered they can't do anything about it. And our customs has no trace about the package. 

So, third question. Can my friend ask refund via Ebay? Will ebay automatically be on the sellers side for the wrong address?

Sorry for so long posting, hope someone reads this and can help ^.^

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:01:47 AM by Siiri »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Ebay help/wrong address and tracked shipping
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:32:31 AM »
I know when I have sent international first class and it wasn't picked up after customs and was told it was coming back to me, I never received it back. I don't think in this instance they send packages back.

If they redirect post for a while there is a chance your friend will still receive it, it just depends on how long since first class takes up to 2 weeks and there is only tracking to certain countries. Your seller should have a customs number. That is the only tracking they have. They can try tracking it.

As for eBay, your friend will have to call them and explain the situation. I'm not sure what eBay will decide in this case. They seem to be on the buyer's side more often than not and may issue a refund out of their own pocket.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 10:34:06 AM »
Are you sure tracking info said it was delivered to the seller's address rather than the buyer's address?  My guess would be that it was left at the buyer's old house. "Delivered in / at mailbox" is the language that's usually used when a package is delivered to its final destination; I don't think the PO would use it for a package being returned to sender.

If your friend gave the wrong address, the seller shouldn't be held accountable for the package going to the wrong place.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Siiri

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:29:15 AM »
The  package has been sent december 17th and delivered on the 26th day in/at mailbox (according to the USPS) in the same town the seller lives. It has never been in Finland according to the USPS.

I think this is weird..

Thank you both for your answers! :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 06:14:02 PM »
I fear for packages anytime the words "First Class" come up...  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal