collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: $15 Pony Holiday Swap Brags!!  (Read 3825 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Re: $15 Pony Holiday Swap Brags!!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 10:40:07 AM »
ChipsteRJ and LadySatine, congrats on the lovely boxes. So many pretty ponies and great extras. :)

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 10:42:41 AM »
ChipsteRJ and LadySatine, congrats on the lovely boxes. So many pretty ponies and great extras. :)

Exactly my thoughts as well, congrats to both of you! ^.^

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 12:57:04 PM »
Congrats on some awesome boxes everyone! My partner was Ladybastilla and she spoiled me rotten!

Here's all the goodies together

All the delicious treats! I can't wait to try the glitter and gold tea! Yum! The Frozen jellybellies are for my daughter. She was so excited! And I love mint m&m's so I was thrilled to receive two bags. I was thinking I may crush some up and bake them into some cookies. Bueno is one of my fave chocolate bars and so is Reese Sticks. Needless to say, those didn't last very long :lol:

Super cute extras! The Lucy tin is full of coffee flavoured werther's originals. Yum! I love the stickers too. And the little ornament is full of tea that I can't wait to try. It's so funny because I sent Ladybastilla the same ornament in her ornament swap box :lol:

Ladybastilla was kind enough to send my daughter some stickers. She LOVES them! Thank you for thinking of her.

And the ponies!! I was so excited when I opened these! I love the glitter babies. Now I only need one more to complete the set!! Yay!

And beautiful baby glory! I sent the one I had to my trade partner in one of last years Holiday swaps. So it's super nice that I have another one now :) This one will be staying with me :lol:

And last but not least the super cute card! I love it! Thank you Ladybastilla for a thoughtful and fun box. We have traded with each other quite a few times and your boxes never disappoint! I hope you have an awesome Christmas this year!!! :lovey:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 02:18:25 PM by Ledbyrd »

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 01:20:17 PM »
Yay great box! So many goodies!

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »
Congrats on some awesome boxes everyone! My partner was Ladybastilla and she spoiled me rotten!

Here's all the goodies together

All the delicious treats! I can't wait to try the glitter and gold tea! Yum! The Frozen jellybellies are for my daughter. She was so excited! And I love mint m&m's so I was thrilled to receive two bags. I was thinking I may crush some up and bake them into some cookies. Bueno is one of my fave chocolate bars and so is Reese Sticks. Needless to say, those didn't last very long :lol:

Super cute extras! The Lucy tin is full of coffee flavoured werther's originals. Yum! I love the stickers too. And the little ornament is full of tea that I can't wait to try. It's so funny because I sent Ladybastilla the same ornament in her ornament swap box :lol:

Ladybastilla was kind enough to send my daughter some stickers. She LOVES them! Thank you for thinking of her.

And the ponies!! I was so excited when I opened these! I love the glitter babies. Now I only need one more to complete the set!! Yay!

And beautiful baby glory! I sent the one I had to my trade partner in one of last years Holiday swaps. So it's super nice that I have another one now :) This one will be staying with me :lol:

And last but not least the super cute card! I love it! Thank you Ladybastilla for a thoughtful and fun box. We have traded with each other quite a few times and your boxes never disappoint! I hope you have an awesome Christmas this year!!! :lovey:

She's pretty great, right?? hehe, I am not sure how bu tshe was my partner it turns out too! I just adored how everything was wrapped, I was like a kid tearing it all open. You got some awesome ponies too! They're lovely. I am getting pics of my brag together now ^^
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 04:46:39 PM »
Ledbyrd, I was so excited when I found out I was going to get to shop for you. Remember I asked what was on your list for this swap? Well, now you know why. :lol: I had seen the two sparkle babies for sale and wanted to find out for sure whether you had them on your list so I could buy them. Baby Glory came with a couple other ponies for the First Pony Swap.

That card is one from a set that my grandma gave me the year before she passed away. She did a lot of charity stuff and was sent those as a thank you, but she didn't need them and figured I'd be able to put them to good use. I found them in my crafting cubby (I have a space beneath my tv where I keep some of my crafting stuff) and decided to use them for my holiday swap boxes. Also: has your orange Shutterfly package arrived yet? I still can't believe I miscounted and didn't order your ornament with the rest, but at least that was an easy fix since we do swap privately as well.

All I could think last week was "Oh, no!" when I discovered Seacharger and I had unwittingly gotten you the same Cubeez. Feel free to keep it, try to swap it, or do whatever you wish with it. :lol: 'Tis the season, I suppose. With so many swaps going on something like that was bound to happen. :lol:

On a more humorous note, it was so hard not to say something when you got me the same Davids Tea ornament I got you. :lol: Shows how much we think alike. :)

I was so excited when I found the Mint M&Ms at Walmart. Good thing I grabbed you two bags when I did. Next time I went shopping there they were all gone. The Worthers are one of mom and my favorite treats to carry around when we're on the go. I hope you like the flavor I chose.

There was a mix up with the tea. One of the packages I meant to send you (Cream of Earl Grey) ended up in a different box, so I'll send you some of that another time. :lol: I had so much stuff to wrap that it's no surprise this happened--O wrapped your stuff and another set of gifts in the same paper (loved working with that pattern. Was really easy to cut and measure!) By the time I got to wrapping your box  my arthritis was acting up--that's why there's no pretty washi, in case you were wondering. (Which was disappointing--that's my favorite part. But oh well. :lol: )

Anyway, I'm totally glad that you loved your box despite any quirks or mix ups that did happen. :) I had a great time choosing goodies for you.

Swap Wishlist

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »
 Wowowowowowowo!!!!! Awesome presents all!! And look at all these ponies!! Gorgeous!!

Partner I hope I don't let you down! :yikes:

Wonderful brags everyone!! I can't wait to share mine but whenever it comes I'll be waiting until Christmas. XD!!! Its like the best present that I get to open because its the only one that I never know what's in it!! :D

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 08:16:06 PM »
Lovely brags so far everyone.  Keep them coming :cheer:

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 02:22:20 AM »
Congrats Ledbyrd! Wonderful box you got!  ^.^

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »

My box came in today and my dad was home from work and able to get it at the front door. My boxes usually go down to the post office, so that was a pretty big surprise. Anyway... :lol: My partner for this swap was Ledbyrd, which is hilarious since I got her name, too. (And she got me for Ornament Swap as well.) It's all great though, because we've swapped privately twice, so we're not strangers about picking stuff for each other.

I thought I was going to wait to open all my gifts, but mini tree would be overrun if I did that, so I'm taking shots with each box instead. My gifts came wrapped in adorable winter-themed Disney Princess paper. I've put aside some so I can use it for decoration later. I also saved the various ribbons.

A close up of the beautiful Christmas card.

Two sets of mlp stickers I didn't have yet--really love the g3 ones. I also got another set of festive papertape. I've really gotten spoiled in the festive decorative tape department. I ended up turning the "Joy!" box my Rarity ornament came in into a holder for all my holiday tapes and I'll definitely have lots to choose from next year. :D

Purdy's chocolate Santa, white chocolate snowman and Ferrero Rocher (chocolate covered hazelnut balls). Purdys are always lovely, and I buy the Ferrero a lot, so those are welcome. :)

A lovely Frozen tin featuring Anna, Elda and Olaf. Wonder what's inside...?

Yummy and very fitting. Ledbyrd was the first person to send me Laffy Tafffy so it makes total sense to find it here. It's one of my favorite candies and does not turn up here often. (I think Mom found it once, by accident, but it was gone the next time she checked.)

Next are some cute Belle items, since I love Beauty and the Beast. I particularly love the Belle figure since the dress is original. Kinda makes you think of what happens after "Happily Ever After", y'know? As a writer, I think that way about characters a lot.

Woot! I've wanted to try this tea for a while, but I kept forgetting to get it when I went into the city because I've been so busy with Christmas shopping. I'm very excited to try this. :)

Okay, guys. Ready to get to the heart of this? Here come the ponies!

My first holiday arrival is Baby Starburst. I was so thrilled to open her. I've grown really fond of the Fancy Pants Babies and have wanted one for a while. Now I'm starting to think they may be the first set of babies I may actually want to complete. I love how unique and quirky they are. They also kinda put me in mind of the g3 / 3.5 babies that have diapers. My mom got me a couple of those a while back, so that made me want to get their g1 ancestors. :lol: :heart:

Next up we have Princess Primrose. She's so beautiful, but she's equally shy. I had to work pretty hard to get that picture. She kept wanting to hide behind her bangs. :lol: 4 / 6 on the first set of Princess Ponies now. :heart: I'm usually not a set collector, but they're an exception.

Then I opened Sunnybunch, whom I love even more than I thought I would. She reminds me of one of my favorite g3s, Desert Blossom. I'll need to get them together and take pictures later. I love how unique and different the MGR ponies are. It's awesome to have one--my favorite at that--here in person.

My last pony is rather special...

This is Weavedreamer, the pony OC I designed not long after I returned to the Arena in late January after getting into FiM. Her colors are based on the Underworld in my Sealer Saga novels and her name is a play on words, since the Weave is the magic system my characters use and some people can alter it by manipulating dreams. I don't know how you found a pic of her, Ledbyrd--I've been using Serena artwork for several months now--but I was amazed to see her!

Original artwork and more pictures of Weavedreamer can be found in the spoiler. (I don't want to take over the whole thread, but more pictures are needed here.):

Spoiler

The hilarious thing is that I actually opened Weavedreamer second out of the four ponies I received and as I was first pulling her out of the wrapping paper, only half looking, I told my brother I'd gotten Primrose. :lol: So after recovering from the (very happy!) shock of realize who I'd actually received, I laughed really hard when I opened Princess Primrose third. I just wanted to save Weavedreamer for last here. :)

Last up, here's a group shot of my four new ponies:

Ledbyrd, thank you for the absolutely fabulous box. You chose some really adorable extras and I absolutely love my new ponies. I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight--my family are in bed and haven't seen the ponies yet. :lol: Now I'm really glad that I reorganized my shelves this week--I have lots of space to pick the best spots possible for each of my herd's new members. :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:54:17 PM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2015, 04:50:10 AM »
4 ponies in the $15 swap! Great Haul!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2015, 09:08:32 AM »
Here is make package from Sundown! She got me all kinds of awesome stuff! I love Botan Rice Candy! It's one of my favorite things! And those coffee candies are awesome! And the socks are so me! I'm gonna wear them on Christmas! I can't wait to try the teas! And, it may be silly, but I'm excited about the card too! I don't get many Christmas cards so I'm happy to have a 3rd to hang on my card string! It was looking rather empty. lol

And the ponies are amazing! They are in one of my favorite poses and I wanted these two so much!

Everything together! Thank you so much, Sundown! I love everything!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:10:13 AM by kaoskat »

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 09:46:52 AM »
Ladybastilla, I am so glad that you liked everything in your box! I am glad that the custom pony surprised you. The story behind that is kinda funny. Back when we did our first private swap I was reading some of your past posts and you had written a description of your OC pony. I copied and pasted it for reference because I wanted to make it for you. So I didn't actually see any art work with the pony's design. But since I was pregnant at the time and really low on energy I wasn't able to finish it for you. Then I was going to include it in your Halloween box but again I hadn't finished it on time. So my plan was to just send it as a RAOPK. Then when I got your name in the Ornament Swap and the $15 Swap I knew I would be able to include it in one of those boxes. I had lots of fun making it for you. It was my first attempt at making someone's OC.

Anyway, I'm super glad that you liked your box! It's always fun to shop for you. Tell me how that peanut butter cup tea is...it sounds so good! Merry Christmas! :)

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2015, 05:57:58 PM »
I received my box today from aintnobuffalo! She did an amazing job with ponies and extras. G1 babies are my favorite lately so I was thrilled to open sniffles and snookums! The ornaments are all so pretty. I hung up the garland right away and the plush cotton candy is so sweet! I love the pink mittens and stickers too! Thank you so much!!

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2015, 06:41:49 PM »
Yay! Glad you liked it! I thought the mittens theme was great for Christmas, so I had to get the Sniffles and Snookums. I totally came across the Cotton Candy plush by accident in a thrift store! I'm happy she was able to find a home to love her.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal