collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to I add photos to the forum or threads?  (Read 1295 times)

Illumideer

• Trade Count: (0)
How to I add photos to the forum or threads?
« on: December 08, 2015, 01:56:07 PM »
Okok, this is really really stupid. But I honestly have tried looking for info about it on here, and I'm probably just being a idiot, but I have no idea how to add photos to anything! ! Please help!  :(

[moving to Site Support ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:17:57 AM by Kiwi »

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: How to I add photos to the forum or threads?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 02:02:31 PM »
It's not a stupid question at all, so don't feel dumb! The forum uses bbcode, so you have to use an image-hosting service; this allows you to insert the image's url into the image code! So it would look like

[ img ]insert the url here[ /img ]

Except I had to add spaces inside the image tags, otherwise my example would have shown up as a broken image, lol.

When you're making a post or comment, the editing icons have an option for images, so you don't have to know all the codes yourself! You can either select the one for images (it looks like a photo - on my screen, it's the icon directly underneath the option for bold text). I have a flickr account, which has bbcode as an option for when I want to copy/paste an image's url, so I just copy all of it directly from there (and I delete the extra code that flickr includes, since I don't want my images in posts to be links, just images).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 02:43:02 AM »
I didn't understand either at first.  It might still be confusing for you, so I'll try to break it down into steps.  This is how I do it anyway; it's pretty easy.  Photobucket can be a pain though.

1.  Upload your pic to photobucket.com
2.  Go to that photo so that you'll see it enlarged on your screen.  If you have more than one pic, the others uploaded around the same time will be displayed in a belt along the bottom, so you can scroll through them.
3.  On the right there will be several boxes with web addresses in them; they're links for your photo.  Click the one next to "direct" link; it should turn yellow and say "copied."
4.  Jump back to the Arena post you want to display the pic in.  Keep in mind that the quick "reply" box that automatically appears at the end of an existing thread doesn't show the icons you need.  If you want to post a pic in an existing thread, click "reply" and it will give you complete options.  If you want to start a new thread, click the "new topic" button on the right hand side.
5.  Once you're in your window, click the "insert image" icon; it looks like a tiny Mona Lisa.  It's under the boldface B.
6.  When you click the image icon, the img program code will appear in your window.  Your cursor should be flashing right in the middle.  There shouldn't be any spaces.  (Sometimes when I do it, the program puts my cursor in the closing code, for some reason.  If it doesn't work for you, that could be the reason.  Make sure your cursor is in the middle.)
7.  Your direct link from your photobucket image is still copied on your computer's clipboard.  Click Control + v to paste it.  The link will appear between the image command codes.
8.  When you're done, click "post" to post the thread.  If you want to check how it looks before you post, click "preview" first.  (From the preview screen, you'll be able to post, or make changes as necessary.)

That ought to do it.  :)  Feel free to ask more questions if you're still having trouble.  It's a little confusing until you get the hang of it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:45:58 AM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 10:40:04 AM »
An even simpler way when using Photobucket is to click on the box that says IMG next to it and then just paste here. That code has the tags needed for the image to show and a link back to your photobucket when the image is clicked. :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 11:14:38 AM »
There is a great "How to use Photobucket" tutorial stickied in this forum.

Feel free to use this thread to practice, that's what this section is for.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Illumideer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 03:44:50 PM »
Thank you so much guys! I don't know if there is a way to "tag" you without quoting you so I'll just post this and hope my thanks get back to you!!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 08:59:55 PM »
An even simpler way when using Photobucket is to click on the box that says IMG next to it and then just paste here. That code has the tags needed for the image to show and a link back to your photobucket when the image is clicked. :)

I did not know that!  :)  Yep, that does sound easier; one less step.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 05:48:04 AM »
Quoting is just that - you're putting a quote of a previous message. The Arena has no "tagging" system. So even quoting someone, they don't get a notification or anything, just if they happen to see the post.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal