collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ultimate grail received!! Thank you ponybanker!!! <3 (long post)  (Read 562 times)

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
Ultimate grail received!! Thank you ponybanker!!! <3 (long post)
« on: December 06, 2015, 05:59:39 PM »
Years and years ago... the member here named ponybanker sent me a PM. At the time, he lived in a different state than I. He asked me in the PM where the best places were in the city here (Sioux Falls) to find vintage ponies, because he would be coming for a visit. I messaged him back and happily let him know my favorite hot spots.

As the years rolled by, I saw that he had moved to my state and all the numerous brag posts he posted. I was soooo envious! All those years, I thought he was my pony enemy hitting all my favorite spots for ponies. Fast forward to this year... I posted a want list on craigslist for ponies - who should respond? ponybanker himself. :) He had some GORGEOUS ponies for sale! I asked if he was on the Arena, he said yes! He asked if I was, I said yes. We exchanged screen names, and boom, instant friendship.  :biggrin:

Over the next few weeks, we texted tons about ponies and life (and other toys, lol). He started acquiring more ponies and holding them for me (among them were a GORGEOUS Wig Wam, Sweet Celebrations family, Blueberry Baskets, a few SHS with their ribbons, and wingers with their ribbons too). We met up in person, and I bought a big batch from him for an amazing deal (seriously, AMAZING), and he STILL has a bunch of ponies on hold for me and is being super patient about it.

He found Baby Gametime and Baby Sugarcake for a great price, and was going to sell them to me for a fraction of what they are worth. I saw a Baby Gametime on ebay going for wayyy more than what he was going to charge me for the two of them together (with accessories). I just couldn't allow him to cheat himself out like that and told him to go ahead and slap them up on ebay so he could make the money he deserved. He agreed to it, but asked me for a Christmas wish list and said he wanted to buy me something for passing up on the babies. I told him no, and didn't give him any kind of wish list...

However... on an alternate auction site, I saw my ULTIMATE grail pony for sale. Viajero aka Spanish 4-Speed. <3 I asked ponybanker if he had an ID on the site, because I didn't and had no idea how to navigate it. He told me no, and that was that.

Over the past few weeks, he has been teasing me saying he got me something for Christmas... I'm sure you can see where this is going! He allowed me several guesses, and I did guess that it was a boy pony (because they are my favorite of all time). He kept asking me if I wanted him to spoil it for me, and I remained strong for a while... but when I finally caved, he sent me the now famous picture of the man dressed up as a unicorn. Then he told me it was just a test and that I was now on Santa's naughty list!! lol!

Finally, we were able to meet up last night... and ponybanker presented me with a perfectly (lol) wrapped gift. My mom and my boyfriend came along because they wanted to see my reaction, knowing if it was a boy pony - I'd probably freak out. I opened it, and there was a pony wrapped in tissue paper and bubble wrap. I could tell by the feel of it that it was in Steamer's pose! I thought... no way, it can't be...

IT WAS VIAJERO!!! My dream pony!!! Big Brother Spanish 4-Speed is FINALLY MINE!!!! I was so happy, I almost started to cry (I did get misty eyed). He is the very same one I told ponybanker about on the alternate auction site. The stinker bought him for me!!  :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :freak: :freak: :freak:

Not only do I have my dream pony, but I have made a wonderful new friend over the past few months. I am so glad to have you in my life, ponybanker!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Pictures to come later, as soon as I get some time to set up my photo box and have some time away from my job. :)

Oh... and does anyone know if there is anyone out there that still makes repro Big Brother hats and bandanas? My Viajero needs them! <3

Thank you so much for reading!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate grail received!! Thank you ponybanker!!! <3 (long post)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 07:01:57 PM »
What an awesome story!!  Congratulations!!   :newpony:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 07:13:01 PM »
Nice! :D
Congrats!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 09:08:10 PM »
WOW! That is awesome! Congrats on your new pony!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 10:44:42 PM »
Wow!! Lucky you.  It's great you have a beautiful new pony AND a life-long pony friend.  Ponybanker sounds lovely.  Congrats :cheer:  :frolic:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 12:54:47 AM »
What a beautiful story!!!  Ponybanker sounds like an amazing pony friend and so happy that you were able to get something that you wanted really badly too :lovey:

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 01:14:08 AM »
How lovely :)

Jules x

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 10:12:26 AM »
Congrats! He's such a gorgeous pony. If you need help with that site in the future, feel free to ask me. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Niwalime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 11:06:09 AM »
Congrats! What an amazing story, and what a great friend you've made! :)

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 11:08:11 AM »
Thank you all!!! :) I still feel like it's a dream... one of those darned pony dreams where you realize it is a dream towards the end and hold all your finds close to your body, thinking somehow you will wake up and have them in real life! lol

himmie - He is!! <3 I have had Texas and Marinero in the past and they both were beauties as well, but Viajero always was my most wanted. :) If you ever happen to find any listings with Viajero's bandana and white hat, let me know! (I think you already have them in your collection, right?) And thanks for the offer to help with the site!! :)

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 03:35:20 PM »
Ponybanker is a cool dude.  :)
:socks:   :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal