collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Took the plunge and watched some G1 specials  (Read 8504 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Took the plunge and watched some G1 specials
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 06:37:48 AM »
Some of the episodes are really good but some of them are better than others.

In the End of Fluttery Valley Bumble captured the flutter ponies and tried to make Flutter Valley a more suitable home for bees.   

Bright Lights was one of the episodes that I didn't like. There were too many  major animation errors 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 04:19:47 PM »
Bright Lights was one of the episodes that I didn't like. There were too many  major animation errors 
That's half the fun though!  I always loved the animation errors where and episode ends and then in the next episode suddenly the minor characters or environment look totally different.  I remember that happening in Bright Lights with the mice villagers and in The End of Flutter Valley with the hole they were digging.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 04:25:23 PM »
That's half the fun though!  I always loved the animation errors where and episode ends and then in the next episode suddenly the minor characters or environment look totally different.  I remember that happening in Bright Lights with the mice villagers and in The End of Flutter Valley with the hole they were digging.

I like when ponies randomly change into other ponies in scenes. That always amused me lots as a kid.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 04:26:51 PM »
Yeah.  That's like watching the original Star Trek and seeing how the Gorn looked.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 05:04:46 PM »
I remember the mouse cops in Bright Lights are drawn completely differently in each segment.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 05:10:01 PM »
They couldn't decide of the constable or one of the citizens came with the mayor.  And the constable was fat and the random citizen was lanky to boot.  And let's not forget losing track of who had their shadow taken.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 09:25:46 PM »
I :heart: Wind Whistler.  :). Love Crunch the Rock Dog and Sonambula.

I also like the Magic Coins but I always found Megab's singing silly in that episode.  We're practically dying of thirst, there's no water and now you want to sing?  Ok, kid.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 11:45:26 PM »
I know spotting the errors can be fun, but Bright Lights seems to have more than most.  Everyone being trapped in the mousetrap on their backs to changing positions when the next episode started was one that stood out to me as well as the rat changing many times.

Spike's line about Megan's song in The Magic Coins is good "Great now we're tired and thirsty!"

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 05:32:16 AM »
It's so nice to hear that you are enjoying the G1 cartoon.  ^.^

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 07:38:24 AM »
Some of my favorites are

MLP the Movie- A lot of people bash it, but I love Reeka, Draggle and the Smooze,  the intro to Megan's siblings, the music,the comedy, the intro of the Flutter ponies and Shady. She was always the Charlie Brown of the group and I identified with her, since I'm a highly sensitive person and got bullied a lot.

The Glass Princess-Another non fan favorite, I like Porcina. She may not be menacing, but she wasn't forced to change her selfish ways, her compassion won out and she genuinely started feeling bad on her own.

Bright Lights-I love Nightshade and Arabus is such an underrated villain.

The Magic Coins-fantastic episode.

Baby Its Cold Outside-Chilly Willy was mean and crappy as a father and a sentient being, I predict that there was a coup not too long after in favor of the compassionate young Prince, King Midas was immediately horrified while King Charlatan tried to continue playing the cruel tyrant until he was lyrically brow beat into showing he was more upset then he let on. I liked his son though, he's a good kid.

Crunch the Rockdog-great characterization of Wind Whistler, one of my favorite characters.

The Revolt of Paradise Estate-Beezen is a crummy villain, but iloved the episode anyway, especially with Baby Cuddles.

The Golden Horseshoes-I love Mimic (just not her toy) and this was such a sad episode.

Flight to Cloud Castle-it had Locket and Twilight and Lofty! Three of my favorite Pegasus and I enjoyed how they used their wits to outsmart the castle. Who said Wind Whistler was the only brainy pony?

Somnambula-She is another underrated villain, when you grow up with classic, frightening Fairy Tales, she intrigues you more then Tirek, who is just generic evil guy, plus the Big Brother ponies! Yay!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 08:12:59 AM »
The Glass Princess is dead to me.  Porcena will commit mass murder to make more glass in the world (she's surrounded by it in her stronghold already) just to look at herself.  However, she suddenly has a conscience when you're face to face with her?  If that wasn't bad enough, we had the worst pony rescue party of the series as Shady and Molly were able to evade their detection by walking out in the open six feet behind them.  And we're supposed to take this all seriously.  Watching that episode was as pleasant as oral surgery with a jackhammer.

The episode that doesn't deserve hate is The Great Rainbow Caper.  They make a Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference and fully embraced the silliness of the situation.  Also, it was just one episode.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:41:50 AM by Al-1701 »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 08:19:55 AM »
Eh. To each their own right Al? :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 10:48:48 AM »
I dunno, I think Porcina's reactions were spot on.  People are good at ignoring the suffering of others when it's an abstract idea and they don't have to see it directly.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 11:51:09 AM »
I dunno, I think Porcina's reactions were spot on.  People are good at ignoring the suffering of others when it's an abstract idea and they don't have to see it directly.
Maybe when being a passive observer with no control over the situation.  Not when you're purposefully pushing the proverbial button to cause the suffering.  It didn't work in Digimon Adventure 02, and it didn't work here.

Offline Harmony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • When words fail, music speaks.
    • View Profile
    • http://livejournal.com/~scarletwolfsong
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 11:58:30 AM »
Gosh, it's so hard to decide what my favorites are! I think the movies Rescue at Midnight Castle and Escape from Catrina are my all-time favorites, with Crunch, Somnambula, Bright Lights, The Magic Coins and The Golden Horseshoes ranking up there too!

For favorite G1 ponies from the series, it's gotta be Wind Whistler hands down, with a bunch of others being just as loved. I'll admit, I have a super soft spot for the relationship between Slugger and Buttons in Somnambula. XD

I'm so glad the G1 cartoon is just being enjoyed! I love it so much, horrible mistakes and cheesiness and all!
~ Harmony / Nocturne

Nocturne avatar thanks to Animecat! and sig thanks to Mapago!
Harmony Ref | Rainwhisper Ref | Whirlwind Ref | Firesong Ref | Nocturne Ref

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal