collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Feeling Suspicious....  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Feeling Suspicious....
« on: November 27, 2015, 09:24:12 PM »
---
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:21:45 AM by Twilight Pink »
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Feeling Suspicious....
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 09:31:38 PM »
Was the item sent by priority mail?  I don't think tracking is free with first class, is it?

Hope you get your ponies soon!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 09:33:51 PM »
Was the item sent by priority mail?  I don't think tracking is free with first class, is it?

Hope you get your ponies soon!
When I ship off ponies, my tracking is always free with first class :o and I really do hope so, or for that case atleast shipped off
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 03:34:43 AM »
First Class does come with a tracking number... That's weird..Why didn't they give you a number??  :huh:

Since it's the holidays, I'd extend it out to like 2 and a half / 3 weeks, but that's plenty time..imo.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 05:20:01 AM »
I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated with this :hug:  your seller would have been better giving you a tracking number - I always do with my buyers, but I know some people are busy with RL stuff , especially over the next few months.
 Have they been on since the last message when they said they'd shipped your ponies? have you sent them a message back  specifically asking for the tracking number?  if not then I'd suggest sending them another polite PM asking for the tracking number just to ease your mind a bit ;)
Some sellers are busy with RL stuff as I mentioned  plus with it being the  holiday season the post is busy/sometimes delayed too. Maybe they have had a lot of people to ship items to or they haven't been here much due to RL stuff or maybe they aren't used to giving the tracking number and need a reminder that there is one on the PO receipt? :awake:
Since they have good feedback I'd also say give them a bit longer before you open a case as well. 2 weeks isn't really a lot of time , especially at this time of year when mail is slow.  You have plenty time still to open a case if you still haven't received a tracking number or your ponies even if you give them 3-4 weeks.  Hopefully your ponies will be there before that though :)  if you want to PM me the name of the person I can check if there are any issues you might not know about if you need extra reassurance.  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 06:10:10 AM »
First Class comes with a tracking number if you pay for your postage online - if they paid at the Post Office, tracking isn't offered w/ First Class.  That's been my experience...things could have changed (last time I didn't use PayPal to print postage was about six months ago).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:11:43 AM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 06:32:08 AM »
I dealt with a seller here that had great feedback also. They had a pony I wanted that was on my wish list but that I never thought I would find for a good price because she was so popular. I bought the pony from the seller and I usually ask after I send the Paypal payment that the seller  let me know if they got the money. I didn't get any messages from the seller saying they got the money or that they shipped my pony or a tracking number, but my pony arrived quickly. :) I think sometimes even the good sellers here get busy but they should have given you a tracking number when you asked or a reason why they don't have one. I know it's frustrating when your expecting a tracking number and don't get one.

Ponyfan 

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 07:04:28 AM »
First Class comes with a tracking number if you pay for your postage online - if they paid at the Post Office, tracking isn't offered w/ First Class.  That's been my experience...things could have changed (last time I didn't use PayPal to print postage was about six months ago).

Yes, that is still the case. I would contact the seller and ask them how they shipped the ponies, when they shipped the ponies and ask for a tracking number. They shouldn't leave you in the dark. Your worries are not unfounded and I don't blame you one bit. I sell all the time and as soon as you asked about shipping I would have provided a tracking number and the date I shipped to ease your worries.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 08:26:36 AM »

Oh, that explains it--I always take my ponies to the PO to send them off.  Great to learn about this, I guess I finally need to invest in a printer.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »

Oh, that explains it--I always take my ponies to the PO to send them off.  Great to learn about this, I guess I finally need to invest in a printer.

I always go to the PO and get tracking numbers for all my packages. Is there something the mail clerks aren't telling me? Lol..  >_< >_<

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 09:24:14 AM »
There should be a tracking number for sure. On the other hand I wouldn't worry, PayPal has extended their case file window to like what is it now 100 + days? Without tracking the seller cannot prove you got the items, PayPal should go in your favor so with the long deadline I would wait longer.i would absolutely demand tracking though.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 10:02:24 AM »
My first class items mailed at the post come with tracking, but if you don't get the receipt you won't have the number...
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 12:19:02 PM »
Wow, American post is so efficient. To get tracking of any meaning in the UK you have to request and pay extra, considerably extra if you're sending abroad. It would be awesome to have tracking as standard over here, and a lot less hassle.

In terms of this, with it being holiday season, I would give a little extra time. I have had some weird experiences with items from the US as well in the last few months. I realise I am not in the US, but I'm also not in Canada, where at least 2 of my packages got sent by error. I had one other that got sent all over the internal US before it even reached the international hub. Those two things could easily happen by accident at this time of year, when hubs are busier.

Speak to your seller. Chances are the ponies will turn up, but if they have a tracking number they can give you, then all to the good.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 01:22:30 PM »
It's been my experience that the number on the receipt isn't actually a tracking number - it's a reference number for the transaction.  I've tried using that number for tracking purposes and the past and it didn't work.

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 01:56:13 PM »
I am sorry you feel that way about me. I have responded to you in private with the tracking number as I am very drained from work and school this week which turned out to be more than was expected. I bit off more than I could chew thinking I could do overtime, finish my assignments and make at least one sale this month. Had I known any of what was expected of me this past week I would have never bothered offering anything until I got caught up. Lesson learned. I apologize I didn't get back to you in an instant, but thought one more day to get the number to you wouldn't hurt as the receipt was with my brother. I hope I've rectified the situation for you as I do not wish to have my reputation as a seller online tarnished. Thank you to all who understand!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal