collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lauren Faust off Medusa  (Read 893 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Lauren Faust off Medusa
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:25:05 PM »
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/lauren-faust-no-longer-directing-medusa-sony-pictures-animation-exclusive-122954.html

Sony is infamous for combining gross stupidity and insistent meddling to the ire of many creative minds.  It's easy to imagine the stupid suggestions the executives wanted to shoehorn into Medusa.

However, I have to worry about Lauren Faust.  This is the second time she has left a project because of "creative differences."  These kind of departures tend to create a reputation.  Listening to her speak, I can tell she must be a very difficult person to work with when you disagree with her.  I'm not sure how many more chances she will be given if she quits when things don't go her way.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Lauren Faust off Medusa
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 01:09:47 PM »
I never got the impression that she's hard to work with.  I'm not familiar with Medusa, but my impression is that large studios basically freak out when it comes to doing anything they haven't done before.

I wouldn't worry about her, she recently was the developer on Wander Over Yonder (my impression is it's quite successful) and she developed MLP FIM. 

Yes, she left MLP FIM.  But do you think Hasbro would hesitate to hire her again?  She basically gave them the formula for printing money and they have been swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck and rubbing dollars all over their body ever since.  No one at Hasbro is thinking, "Boy, I wish we hadn't hired Faust!"

I think staying on a movie that turned out to be generic or subpar would do more damage to her reputation than leaving.  Because how are other people supposed to know what she developed/wanted versus what was foisted upon her?  If she had stayed on the movie and it had flopped wouldn't you be saying "This is proof that Lauren Faust has lost her touch"?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:43:41 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 01:46:31 PM »
Wander Over Yonder is her husband's show.  She's always been a part of his projects.

And maybe Hasbro will offer her a job again.  She's stated wanting to do Strawberry Shortcake (though that's actually American Greeting licensing Hasbro) and they could certainly use her on that front.  Though, I think she would need to build more bridges in Rhode Island so she can better control the toy side of things.  Real creative control lies there.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 02:34:59 PM »
And maybe Hasbro will offer her a job again.  She's stated wanting to do Strawberry Shortcake (though that's actually American Greeting licensing Hasbro) and they could certainly use her on that front.  Though, I think she would need to build more bridges in Rhode Island so she can better control the toy side of things.  Real creative control lies there.

Strawberry Shortcake is not owned by AG anymore. She is now owned by Iconix Brand Group. Hasbro no longer has rights to making the toys either.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:38:01 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 02:40:30 PM »
Oh?  Well then apparently they would have to approach her.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 10:03:52 AM »
Never heard of Medusa. Not really a Faust fan though so that could be why.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »
Pretty much seconding Kat.

Im sure shes fine, and with her success, im sure she will find something else to do quickly.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 08:36:12 AM »
I'm afraid for the Medusa's film future... they cancelled the Popeye movie, which was looking really great :(

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 12:35:45 PM »
Sony is infamous for combining gross stupidity and insistent meddling to the ire of many creative minds.  It's easy to imagine the stupid suggestions the executives wanted to shoehorn into Medusa.

However, I have to worry about Lauren Faust.  This is the second time she has left a project because of "creative differences."  Listening to her speak, I can tell she must be a very difficult person to work with when you disagree with her.
Yeeeah. I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding which one which one is the case here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal