collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Lego Fans?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Any Lego Fans?
« on: November 22, 2015, 05:34:47 PM »
So, is anyone here into Lego? Which set(s) or themes do you like? Have you been playing with it since childhood? Did you get back into it as an adult? Are you clicking on this thread through pure nostalgia?

I think I played with some Lego as a kid in school, but I have no memory of owning any. However, I recently discovered Lego Friends and Lego Elves and I'm thinking of picking a set up and seeing whether I'm at all into building these. The designs are super cute.

Just thought I'd see if anyone had Lego on their mind, whether its the sets I've listed or anything else completely. :) Also: how big a set should a first set be? (I realize there is no concrete answer.) Do I want a tiny set just to see if it interested me, a medium set where I'll end up with something fairly solid, or do I just wanna go for a big one and dive in?

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Any Lego Fans?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »
Husband and I are in an AFOL club - Adult Fans of Lego, called Calgary Lego Train Club.  Ummm we display publically numerous times a year.  I had to let my husband turn 1/3 of the garage into a Lego workshop because we ran out of room in the actual house.  :) 
Both of us played as kids - I gifted him my bin of childhood Lego when I imported it into Canada and that started an addiction of looking for more on local sales sites... 

The answer to your question is, what do you want to get out of the Lego?  Do you want a pretty playset that you want to look at and change pieces?  Or do you want parts to build more stuff? 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 06:05:31 AM »
I love Lego but am a rather new fan. I did play with Lego back in the day but not very much. I didn't have a lot of Lego that was mine, most of it belonged to my older brother. Last summer I saw The Lego Movie and that sparked my interest in Lego and it quickly grew stronger and soon I was hooked. Brought the old Lego down from the attic and have bought a lot of new Lego sets and minifigures. I love the classic minifigs! Back in late February I got hooked on Ninjago after seeing the show on TV. My fave themes are Ninjago, City, The Lego Movie and Speed Racers. There are some cool sets in the Friends theme but I prefer the classic minifigs. I also really like the Ultra Agents but only have one of the smaller sets and now the line is ending :(. Too many toy interests and not enough money *sigh*. And I love the classic Space System because we had some of that back in the day (or my brother did - now it's mine :biggrin:). There is so much nostalgia connected to it!

If you are new to Lego it may be a good idea to start with a smaller set to find out if you like building with Lego and if you do then move on to bigger sets. I find it relaxing to build :)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 09:42:07 AM »
I'm a legos fan!

I collect the Friends, Elves & Starwars.

I love the little animals in the Friends sets!
Elves sets use a great mix of some of my favorite colors.
Starwars need more color, but some of the pieces are super unique.
I started collecting the Minifigs, but stopped at series 9- they were being produced way too quickly and were not very creative anymore... much like the decline of beanie babies.... Over flooding the markets.

I have purchased the Lego Starwars advent calendar for the last 5 years- a small build each day for 24 days!

I do not the recent bottoms of the people these days- short stalky and I can't make them sit.

The pieces have become more detailed from the ones I had as a child- I'm still pretty partial to the vintage ones though.

Growing up I was interested in the Knights/Castle/Kingdom & Pirates sets.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 11:15:21 AM »
I like the minidolls but I'm not into building with lego. I would collect Disney Princess/Elves minidolls if they sold them without some pricey set. As it is I collect the Monster High Megabloks figs because they sell them individually.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 08:57:26 PM »
I love legos but, because of the prices, I have a very eclectic collection.

I have the Back to the Future Delorean and one of the Indianna Jones sets that I got new.  And I have a bunch of sets that I picked up from thrift, including a Star Wars set.

I'd love to have the rest of the Indy and Harry Potter sets.  Those were my favorites.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Gusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 06:45:12 AM »
I love Lego :). I have few Lego Friends, Lego Classics, Lego Chima and Lego Ninjago sets. I'm looking for buying some Lego Elves and Nexo Knights sets.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal