collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Private Halloween Swap With Ledbyrd  (Read 633 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Private Halloween Swap With Ledbyrd
« on: November 18, 2015, 10:07:45 PM »
Ledbyrd and I did a private swap in the spring and had a lot of fun with that. So when she asked if I'd like to do one for Halloween I was all for it. We ended up shipping out a bit later then that, but my box from her arrived today so now it's time to show everyone what's inside. :)

When I opened the box it looked like this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I love the purple theme with hints of orange and gold. Along with the neat designs on the wrap and candy bags, there were some cute mini decorations.

The purple sparkly pumpkin is adorable and will likely be used as a photo prop next Halloween. The little horses are all unique and definitely fit the theme of the box. As for the blue things, they're charms from the MLP charm bracelet set that's been out a while. My wrists are too big to wear that, but I think I may turn them into decorative details on home made bookmarks. (Note to Ledbyrd: original idea did not work.)

I was excited to open the MLP Blind Bag because I haven't seen any with this design yet. I got the adorable Tropical Storm (got her name wrong in PM.) who couldn't have been a better choice for reasons that will be made clear as the post goes on. So cute!

The Monster High stickers are awesome and a set I didn't have yet. I've had the Lisa Frank set in my possession before, but they were bought as a gift for someone else. Nice to add this set to my collection. And the Charlie Brown / Peanuts coloring kit is awesome. Not sure if I'll save it for next Halloween or color it now since I associate Peanuts more with Christmas. :D

Two awesome new washi tapes. I already have two projects in mind for each of these. I'm addicted to washi, so you can bet I was happy to see patterns I've never had before. :heart:

A cute pencil case with an awesome message. :) Between stickers, washi, pens, crayons, pencil crayons and markers I'm always looking for more places to stash my craft supplies and I'm always thrilled to receive pencil cases or cute tins for that. Does anyone know who the ponies on here are?

I posted asking for opinions about DAVIDsTEA a few weeks ago and Ledbyrd was one of the people who responded to that. I was very excited to see this Pumpkin Chai because I didn't see it when I went in a few days ago. Now Mom, Shawn and I have all had a cup (Dad's not a big tea drinker) and everyone wants more. The added bonus in this is that my mom finally gets why I find David's so exciting as someone whose primary hot drink is tea.

How have I never had these before? Mmmm! The pink lemonade is my favorite so far, but I haven't tried the watermelon or green apple yet. Definitely not your average suckers.

Lots of Laffy Taffy, which is fabulous since it's one of my favorite candies. And yes, that's another Jolly Rancher that decided it wanted to try and blend in with the crowd. :lol:

Look at all these Purdys! Three of their totally awesome peanut butter bars, two milk chocolate bars and a mint melt bar. I'm going through my tea collection debating which teas I'll pair these with.

I love all the treats in the box, but I have a hunch that these are going to be the hands down winner. I had two and gave the third to my brother, Shawn. Now we're thinking of doing an order on the Pundys website to get more. :lol: So good!

I sent some goodies for Ledbyrd's daughter and she sent me two adorable drawings:

Aren't they cute? The first is Rarity and the second is Princess Serena. :) The stickers around Rarity are sorta gel-y / sparkly, whereas Serena seems to be in a pretty spring / summer scene. I love the holidays, but to be truthful I wish that was the weather we were about to receive. :lol:

Now for the first of my ponies...

Power Ponies Rarity! Rarity is my favorite g4 and I collect different versions of her. Since these are Target exclusive (far as I know?) I'm really happy to have this version of her in my hands. Her costume is awsome and really suits her. I think she's going to stay MIB for now since I've wanted an MIB Rarity for a while and she can be hung up. (That kept me from leaving Glamour Glow Rarity alone.)

Okay, so the overall theme of the boxes was suppose to be Halloween. But it looks like we both had sub-themes in mind when we chose things. The theme for my box was "Princesses" which is awesome because I love Princess ponies and I use to dress up as different Disney princesses when I went to Halloween parties.

I collect keychains to hang off the rings on my purse. I don't drive, but I use them as decoration. This one is awesome because it has all of the original princess ponies, which are the set I'm most actively trying to collect. The bright pink is going to stand out well against my emerald green purse. It'll make finding me really easy for my family when we go Christmas shopping. :D

Look who it is! :lovey:

Princess Serena is my favorite pony (if my avatar and sig didn't give that away already. :lol: ) I did not own her yet, though. So I'm sure you can just imagine how thrilled I was to open a pony-shaped package and find her inside. :heart:

But wait, it gets better...

I love this so much! Serena looks beautiful here, the background color works perfectly for her, and the glittery stones compliment her symbol and keep the background from overpowering the rest of the painting. I'm debating where I want to put this and whether I'll need to move some of the items on my walls around, because this definitely needs to be somewhere that it will be seen.

And now to wrap everything up we have my lovely card with Sparkler on it--fitting that I got Rarity and Sparkler since there is some relation there. :)

Ledbyrd, thank you so much for the absolutely lovely swap box. It was a joy to open and filled with lovely ponies, delicious treats, fun craft supplies and handmade things that mean a great deal to me.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Private Halloween Swap With Ledbyrd
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 10:25:11 PM »
Happy belated Halloween!  Love that pencil case.  :P

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 04:31:51 PM »
Yay! I'm so thrilled that you liked everything! I had so much fun putting it together :biggrin:

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 01:12:14 PM »
:ninja: *sneakily grabs all the candy* :bolt:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Carebearnmbr46

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 09:20:11 AM »
The ponies on the pencil case look like Peachy and Powder.  :)

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 01:41:58 PM »
Wow awesome swap, congrats!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 06:04:00 PM »
Great box! Love the keychain and pencil case! :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 08:26:45 PM »
Congrats on your swap! They are so much fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal