collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Draw Together Nov 18-Nov (24) ~Flutter Pony Yum Yum!~  (Read 5089 times)

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
Re: Draw Together Nov 18-Nov (24) ~Flutter Pony Yum Yum!~
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2015, 11:46:36 AM »
Everyone did a really nice job. I like seeing how everyone interprets the same prompt.  I'm trying to get better at commenting on other people's art as well.  I didn't comme t on everyone's because sometimes I can't think of anything to say other than, it looks nice, but here I go.

Ponyqueen- That's a very pretty watercolour.   
Thimble- I think it turned out really well.  What program do use?
Sapphire Rain- That looks like a really fun piece.  I agree on the wings.  I tried to do a kind of clam shell thing with them and they didn't come out as detailed as I'd like.
Archidraca - I love your style and the photo setup is a cute idea.
Posey Petals, she looks really dainty and I like how you did the wings.

And here's mine.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She's a little glowy because in my head the Flutter Ponies glow.  I don't remember if that was a thing on the show though.

Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2015, 02:08:55 PM »
These all came out beautifully.  I love the idea of a community drawing theme.  Thanks for doing this!  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2015, 12:07:11 AM »
Yaaaay, thanksgiving/ black friday sales are *OVER*, thank goodness.

Sorry I took so long to respond to everyone, but I was deep in the depths of retail purgatory, lol.

let's see:
 RosePetals- I really like the way you did the wings- the loose, sketchy style is very nice.

Moonbreeze- i love the extra detail you put into her hair style and eyes, and the coloring in general is really nice

Pickwick- Seapony! oh wait, we're talking about flutter ponies. (Sorry, I have a thing about seaponies, lol. )  I love that you did a whole scene-i tend to be lazy, so kudos for going the extra mile! What color did you use for her coat? I have issues with some colors of watercolor not scanning correctly, and I'm curious if it started out gray, or if the scanner got it?  Either way, if I had to pick, yours would be my fave!

Niwalime- Did I spell that right? hmm.  I like the g1 feel and the proportions are just right for that. Nice!

Archidraca-  I really the style you used here, it's very cute, but distinctive, too.  Also, now I want m&ms, so thanks for that? Lol!

Diamond--Yay, neon hair! It's harder than it looks, sometimes. I hope you get your posting issues sorted out, I'd like to see that at full size. ^-^

Sweet pop- loving the cute stetchy style, and the wings.

Medley- Her expression!!  <3  Classic g1 animation, I love it. Very nice.

Yukimu- man I hope I'm getting these names right- I suspect I'm missing something, but I like your drawing! What's a gijinka?

Sapphire Rain- Not gonna lie, yours is prob'ly my second fav., just because it make me grin every time I see it. Something about her face is just too adorable.

Ponyqueen- A fellow watercolor enthusiast! Seriously beautiful work there, esp. on the shading.
And yeah, I can't imagine trying get neon with watercolors, that would be really hard! ...I feel a need to experiment, muahaha.

Roogna- Yeah, neon is tricky in traditional media (digital is much easier)  but you did very nice work on the line art. Unfortunately, even if you use something like neon pencils, the scanner might eat the colors-something about scanners does weird things to neon pigments. Maybe try a heavy coat of various greenish yellows with a light touch of a very bright green? That's basically the color combo I used for mine.
(...random aside:  I love your avatar.)

Lore-lei-- I like the style you used on the eyes. It's different from the usual round, and different is awesome!

Gothic Sugar- I love her serene expression.  So much zen-Flutter pony, even if she's one of the 'loudest' of the herd, lol. (I actually had to take breaks to rest my eyes while
I worked on mine, haha.)

Oh, I'm not sure who it was who asked, but I'm using Krita to draw right now, since my copy of photoshop bit it with my old 'puter. *sniffle*  It has its flaws, but it's not bad for a free program. It does a great job on sketches, which is what I wanted it for, but the painting tools are...weird, to say the least. I spend a lot of my time going 'now what would I ever need that for??', but for straight up drawing-with-tablet, it's decent.

But I'm getting Manga Studio 5 for Christmas! I'm  sooooo excited. I'll probably be posting some very strange ponies while I test it out, lol!

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »
I just remembered that last summer the gals were also including a thumbnail summary of all the ponies created the week before, and a list of the artists who participated. Does anyone have the time/skill to pull this together each week? It was really nice to see all the art in one snapshot...  ^.^

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2015, 09:30:41 PM »
I could do it easy, if everyone will post the thumbnail as well as the full size pic. If we just do it that way from now on, then anyone can do a quick compilation. It would take most of the work out of it. : ;)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2015, 05:29:45 AM »
Great idea! I will go add the small pick alongside the other, but here's what it'll look like.

There is a good Arena tutorial on how to do this here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,304896.0.html
... basically just add [IMG width=150] to the http://part of your image code. :)

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »
Thimble, I askwd about the program.  Manga Studio is nice for drawing.  I can't say anything about the updates because I still use my old digital copy I bought from the first version way back when. 
Diamond, there is a trick to neon with watercolor, but I need to practice with it more to see if it's consistent.
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline pickwick_pirate

• Trade Count: (+23)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2015, 11:34:36 AM »
Pickwick- Seapony! oh wait, we're talking about flutter ponies. (Sorry, I have a thing about seaponies, lol. )  I love that you did a whole scene-i tend to be lazy, so kudos for going the extra mile! What color did you use for her coat? I have issues with some colors of watercolor not scanning correctly, and I'm curious if it started out gray, or if the scanner got it?  Either way, if I had to pick, yours would be my fave!

Thank you kindly Thimble. I love sea ponies too! They're actually my favorite to draw. My scanner is really good at picking up colour, even soft ones. It can't scan a plain pencil sketch for toffee though. For her coat I used a mix of purple lake, cobalt blue a mid red shade I don't remember and Chinese white. I always put white in because I like how it makes the paint more creamy. They are Windsor and newton cotman paints.

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2015, 06:41:28 PM »
Pickwick, if you like the effect of white mixed in, have you ever tried gouache? I've seen some really stunning work done with it, but I haven't used it much myself.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal