collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is now a good time to sell Paradise Estate (complete)?  (Read 535 times)

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Is now a good time to sell Paradise Estate (complete)?
« on: November 13, 2015, 03:30:11 PM »
Hello! I know no one can answer this definitively; just curious about opinions. I have a PE in really superb condition--a small bit of orange-ing on one roof, and a missing sticker or two, but otherwise beautifully colored with no cracks or chips. It has ALL accessories (down to the last utensil + all flowers, etc.) + the instructions (yellowed but complete), AND the box (has seen better days).

I know that complete PEs don't come up too often, and I also know that it's always a matter of who happens to be looking. But are the holidays a good bet or should I wait until April-May for tax refund season?

Thanks for any input!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Is now a good time to sell Paradise Estate (complete)?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 03:38:08 PM »
I've never thought about good times to sell things.  I would love a complete or near complete PE one day but probably couldn't afford one.  I hope you find someone to answer your question.  Congrats on having one so near complete though, I hear that's pretty rare.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 03:59:56 PM »
for something like this, it isn't as likely to buy this as a gift for someone, and most people are buying for others right now. (personally i have birthdays everyday that are celebrated with small gifts to myself, because i'm worth it. *evil laugh*)
it doesn't hurt to try now, even on ebay you should be a few free listings every month, but if you have other things to sell. prioritizing them might be a better idea right now.
personally i would say wait for taxes, but that's just cuz i have a whole room dedicated to stuff i'm selling. some people have a pony room, i have an "ebay" room.
so i think carefully about what will sell best at different times.

so short answer. if you don't have other things you're selling, go ahead and list it, but don't be surprised if it doesn't sell right now.

an important thing to remember though is, if you go the ebay route. don't list it again and again. well not for something this big. i'd recommend listing it now, then waiting till tax time to list it again. otherwise it looks like you're desperate to get rid of it, and can actually lower it on the market because it always looks like there is one availble. i only have personal experience to base this on, so don't quote me. but yeah. good luck. oh you can also try etsy. the listings last for several months, you just have to be careful to check often to make sure you don't have any questions that need to be answered.

hope this was at least somewhat helpful.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »
I'd try to sell it locally first...  shipping on that thing has got to be wickedly expensive.

Or bring it with you to the MLP Fair/a convention, and try to make people aware BEFORE the event that there is one to buy.  :)

Rosierjay has some good thoughts about Ebay.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »
Ive seen a bunch on ebay lately,  not sure if that would be good or bad for you
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 01:22:47 PM »
I honestly dont think there is a better time of year for selling, especially items of this size which are probably too expensive (item + shipping) for a gift. If you are not in a rush to sell however, then I would think simply getting it pictured and popped online with the price you want for it...and then waiting out for the right buyer...is the best way to go :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 02:29:51 PM »
Agree with Cat.. I'd see how it does on the Arena first.. I've always stayed away from Evilbay.  :blush:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 04:18:05 PM »
I have a partial one myself, I am sill looking for parts, especially that pool liner.

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »
Hi and thanks for all the responses. I saw a complete one go on eBay once for $600, thus the temptation to go that route. I can't imagine getting that kind of price at the Arena, even though I prefer buying/selling here!

If anyone is interested and lives in Virginia (or eastern WV), the middle parts of NC and SC, or in east/central GA (Augusta, Athens, ATL, etc.), let me know! We may be able to arrange drop off.
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal