collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Difficult eBay Transaction: vr0406_ob43ymns  (Read 980 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Difficult eBay Transaction: vr0406_ob43ymns
« on: October 06, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
*sigh*

I'm going to post what took place and let you draw your own conclusions:

Item: G1-My-Little-Pony-MLP-Seawinkles-Pink-Sea-Shell

Sent:Sep-21-15 17:46

Dear littlespiffy,

What is your best offer

- vr0406_ob43ymns

Sent:Sep-21-15 19:27

Dear littlespiffy,

What is your best offer

- vr0406_ob43ymns

Sent Date: Sep-21-15 20:05:43 PDT
Dear vr0406_ob43ymns,

I am willing to consider offers no less than $24

- littlespiffy

Sent Date: Sep-21-15 23:09:07 PDT
Dear littlespiffy,

Okay. I made my offer $24.thanks

- vr0406_ob43ymns

Sent:Sep-22-15 05:52

Dear vr0406_ob43ymns,

Thank you. I will consider it.

- littlespiffy

Sent Date: Sep-22-15 05:59:13 PDT

Dear littlespiffy,

You emailed me saying you'd accept $24. So that's what I put

- vr0406_ob43ymns

Sent:Sep-23-15 04:55

Dear vr0406_ob43ymns,

I stated that I am considering offers no less than $24, not that I would accept it.

- littlespiffy

Sent Date: Sep-23-15 12:09:41 PDT

Dear littlespiffy,

You're the only one who's brought up price and not except you're offer . here's the email ebay sees.l am willing to consider offers no less than $24.

- vr0406_ob43ymns

Sent:Sep-23-15 17:56

Dear vr0406_ob43ymns,

I want to clarify my previous email and also explain to you how I use the Best Offer feature as a seller:

I am offering the item for $34.99 with the option of buyers to make an offer.

The listing is set up to automatically reject offers lower than $24.

I have 48 hours to accept, counter, or decline an offer.

When you asked "What is your best offer?" I replied "I am willing to consider offers no less than $24." Which is true: the only offers I am considering are $24 or more.

Because buyers are only allowed to make three offers, when you asked me what my Best Offer was, I assumed that you made two offers that were automatically rejected and only had one last offer to make (you see, when an offer is automatically rejected, I don't get any notifications).

You are the first person to ask me directly what my best offer is - there's always a first for everything, right? :)

When I told you that the lowest price I would consider is $24, I didn't mean that I would automatically accept an offer of $24. I have 48 hours to think about it and decide if I want to accept it. After all, I could have more than one offer on the item. What if I was waiting for someone to accept a counter offer that was higher than $24? I would wait to see what the other buyer wanted to do before accepting your offer.

So...

You made the offer of $24, I've thought about it for almost 48 hours, and I've decided to accept your offer.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused in my previous messages. I also want to thank you for reading this message. I hope you understand where I am coming from as the seller.

Thank you for your offer. I know you'll love the shell :)

Thanks again!

- littlespiffy

I left positive feedback for buyer.

Buyer left neutral feedback: "Difficult seller. Doesn't understand question what's your best offer."

I did not find this to be fair feedback, so I did select the "Report this Buyer" link to dispute the neutral feedback.  I sent eBay this message:

Buyer did not understand that I had 48 hours to respond to a Best Offer.  Buyer messaged me asking "what's your best offer" instead of making an offer.  I let the buyer know what the lowest offer I was willing to accept.  Buyer was frustrated that I waited 48 hours to accept offer.  I attempted to explain the process to the buyer, but they still left neutral feedback.  I feel that this is inappropriate because I accepted their offer, shipped the item within the expected shipping time, and the item was just as described.  Feedback does not reflect the transaction.

Buyer has also been added to "The List."

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Difficult eBay Transaction: vr0406_ob43ymns
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:15:08 PM »
Wow, that is frustrating! That neutral is not warranted! I mean, they should be happy you accepted their offer.

However, judging by their replies, I had a feeling it wasn't going to have a good conclusion. If I had been in your shoes and communication was going so badly I would not have accepted their offer just because their understanding of the process is so little. It would have saved you from having to explain the process and your headache now. I have run into similar scenarios. Sometimes you just have to say this is the price. If you can't figure out a good enough offer on your own then I guess you'll have to look somewhere else.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 03:41:27 AM »
I wouldn't have accepted their offer in the first place. I got a bad feeling when they kept badgering you about the price. :( It's ironic that they called you a difficult seller when it looks like they're a pushy/difficult buyer.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 07:16:33 AM »
It's an auction.  Bid if you want to buy it.  If you cannot pay the price, then walk away.  Don't harass the seller over it!  I really dislike the "Make An Offer" feature - an auction is already a Make An Offer situation!!!! 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 06:34:35 PM »
I had a feeling the person was going to leave me neutral/negative feedback, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We'll see if eBay removes the feedback. 

It doesn't effect my 100% rating, but last November I had to cancel four transactions...and that's put a dent in my Seller Rating.  The itty bitty amount this one neutral just so happened to ding me back to "Above Average" instead of "Top Rated."  That 20% discount was nearly mine!  Haha, oh, well!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 04:08:57 AM »
What a pain! I think I wouldn't have accepted any offer from this person myself after all that hassle but you gave them the benefit of the doubt  (you're obviously nicer than me :P ) . I'm sorry you had to deal with them leaving a neutral too - which wasn't deserved at all. I hope ebay removes it. If they don't (or while waiting to see if they do) I'd post a quick response to the neutral briefly explaining what happened so that your potential buyers can see it was a difficult buyer rather than a difficult seller ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:05:24 AM »
I should have looked at the feedback he leaves for others.  This one is my favorite:

vr0406_ob43ymns: Package was open don't know what happened

Reply by saltessio1951 (Aug-17-15 21:01): You ignored it at your PO Box for 18 days! Maybe they know what happened,Columbo

:lmao:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 11:05:43 AM »
LOL, what a moron! People like that should be banned from buying on eBay.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 11:56:48 AM »
So sorry you had to deal with this headache! Looking through the feedback they've left it looks like they are really hard to please. My favorite was the negative left for the seller who made a $2 profit off of shipping... Which if they understood anything about how eBay fees work they would know the seller probably made no profit on shipping at all!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 04:15:06 AM »
I should have looked at the feedback he leaves for others.  This one is my favorite:

Reply by saltessio1951 (Aug-17-15 21:01): You ignored it at your PO Box for 18 days! Maybe they know what happened,Columbo

oh my goodness ROFL!!! :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  that's a good one!! :snicker:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 04:27:57 PM »

Classic!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal