collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it me or G4 toys are cuter than G4 cartoons?  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is it me or G4 toys are cuter than G4 cartoons?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 01:45:36 PM »
Personally I don't think the cartoon designs translate that well to actual physical 3D reality.  It just wasn't made with that in mind.
Sparkle gets it. Have you guys seen a custom plush that looked show-accurate from the front? Half their eyes are literally on their muzzle when you look at them from the side. Vice versa.

I'd say Nazegoreng and ButtercupBabyPPG on DA get as close to perfectly show accurate as 3D can represent from the front. But then again, for people who hate the big eyes of G4, they will probably not like those plush.

Offline Bakuphoon

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 05:34:26 PM »
Personally I don't think the cartoon designs translate that well to actual physical 3D reality.  It just wasn't made with that in mind.
Sparkle gets it. Have you guys seen a custom plush that looked show-accurate from the front? Half their eyes are literally on their muzzle when you look at them from the side. Vice versa.

I'd say Nazegoreng and ButtercupBabyPPG on DA get as close to perfectly show accurate as 3D can represent from the front. But then again, for people who hate the big eyes of G4, they will probably not like those plush.

Yeah ButtercupBabyPPG's plushies look fantastic from the front and the side.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So it's definitely possible to make them look good in 3D

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 11:25:46 PM »

Yeah ButtercupBabyPPG's plushies look fantastic from the front and the side.

So it's definitely possible to make them look good in 3D

Okay, I'll draw what I said before back, that Fluttershy looks just gorgeous.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 04:58:17 AM »
That Fluttershy Plush must be using some kind if witchcraft!  Even if a devoted individual can do it though, I don't think a lot of toy makers are going to go that far sadly...

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 09:48:10 AM »
That Fluttershy Plush must be using some kind if witchcraft!  Even if a devoted individual can do it though, I don't think a lot of toy makers are going to go that far sadly...

It's likely a cost efficiency thing too, sadly. Plush like that Fluttershy have too many pieces for mass production and there's likely too much hand sewing involved in certain places for one like it to ever be manufactured at a "reasonable" or profitable price.

The best Hasbro "has out" right now is the 4DE plush...but who knows when people are ever going to get those.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 09:53:51 AM »
Wow, that Fluttershy plush is amazing!  Kudos to the creator!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 01:27:34 PM »
Dang, that Fluttershy plush is really, really awesome. Now if only Hasbro would try that hard.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 05:43:08 AM »
opposite for me too! I just love those big animated eyes, I wish they were closer together on the toys and slightly bigger.

I just saw that Fluttershy plush and OMG! :drunk:
How many home cooked goodies and house chores I would do for that person to make me one! LOL! I would even paint their entire house inside and out! I dont think that Fluttershy would be in my budget because she looks sooooo perfect!

Post Merge: October 08, 2015, 05:49:17 AM

Quote from: Noxxbunny

The best Hasbro "has out" right now is the 4DE plush...but who knows when people are ever going to get those.

I cancled my preorder for Flutters.....its been how long and no product so I got refunded. Dear me it was painful :cry:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:50:00 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 06:54:49 AM »
It's opposite for me too. I think the cartoons are cuter than the toys. I think the toys should look more like the show. To me, the G4 brushables kind of look more like deer than ponies. But I still collect them anyways.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal