collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Probably a scam - MH related  (Read 783 times)

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Probably a scam - MH related
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:31:13 AM »
I (probably) got scammed lately and since it's the first time it ever happened to me  I need some advice about what to do next. But here's the story:

I bought 3 new MIB Monster High doll sets (including even the SDCC set) on our local Polish website OLX (something like craiglist or gumtree). Everything (including shipping) costed around 70$. The seller was nice, kept contact, answered my questions about the eye wonk. She had new adds appearing in about a week so she hasn't shipped my things until Sunday (I asked for the first set on Monday). And on Sunday I see that her account has been banned - this meaning that I can't contact her through the site. That was right after the last money transfer from me (that website discourages money transfers and I was aware of the risk). Than an hour later she creates a new account and makes a new add saying that someone reported her for her prices being too low but everything is alrigh,t all packages will be shipped out on Monday and picking the dolls in person is still possible. I contacted her reminding which items I bought and my address. She said once again she will ship out on Monday (31 August 2015) and that her account has been removed because someone was selling the dolls higher and didn't want her to steal the market. She described herself as a mother knowing how expensive can toys be and wanting to provide them to others for normal prices. Later the same day this new account was also banned.
And so I was left with almost no quick ways to contact her, I forgot to write down her phone number  :pullhair: and the website will provide all of the user data only to the Police. I had her physical address and her bank account number. So I wrote her a traditional letter, she received it on , I have proof. In the letter I gave her my e-mail and asked to contact me. No contact was made so today I sent an another letter giving her a contact deadline till 4 October 2015 and saying that after that date I will go to the Police.
I contacted the website management describing the case but they just advised me to take it to the Police and reassured that they will work swiftly with the Law.

So does this all look like a scam to you? Is there anything more I can do?
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Probably a scam - MH related
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:06:12 AM »
Wow, what a bummer.  Yes it sounds like a scam- especially since she was banned more than once and it sounds like she had prices that were a little TOO good to be believed. 

You should probably report it to the police- so you can at least get her contact information and harass her to give back your $$.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »
:(   I'm so sorry hun, yes it does look like a scam. Since her account got banned twice and quickly - as well as the fact that she didn't respond or ship your items later - makes me think that there was even more going on behind the scenes. I don't think she would be banned due to prices being too low and a competing seller wanting to get rid of her. It doesn't work like that.  I would take the advice and involve the police or whatever you have to do to get your money back.  Please let us know how it goes :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
It seems to me a scam  :(
At least she could return the money. When you pay no paypal you have to be very careful with this.
When they bannearon many times ... For some it would be.

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 08:44:19 AM »
Small UPDATE: The seller received the next letter but made no contact with me so I went to the Police. They took in my testimony and told me to wait and that these cases can last even for half of an year. And that's all for now.

The saddest thing is that I felt really excited about those dolls especially Kieran. I will be able to get Sirena and Gooliope easily but for higher prices (double of what she asked) still the SDCC set... :cry: there is one on a polish auction for 130$ or ebay for 125$   :snow:
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal