collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Fear for the My Little Pony Movie  (Read 29853 times)

Offline TJgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
Re: I Fear for the My Little Pony Movie
« Reply #435 on: February 17, 2017, 04:39:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Uh, what?
they tried to pull off LOTR in the Crystal Empire premier? I'm a huge fan of LOTR and I didn't even realize, I don't see many similarities  :huh:
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the fact that Sombra does share some similarities to Sauron, and how the two-parter revealed the use of both light and dark magic. Also a tower of doom.
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The obsessive one.
« Reply #436 on: February 17, 2017, 04:42:23 PM »
Uh, what?
they tried to pull off LOTR in the Crystal Empire premier? I'm a huge fan of LOTR and I didn't even realize, I don't see many similarities  :huh:
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the fact that Sombra does share some similarities to Sauron, and how the two-parter revealed the use of both light and dark magic. Also a tower of doom.

it still doesn't feel like enough to say that it is similar to LOTR, and Sombra is way less cool then Sauron  :P, at least Sauron had some backstory. I always liked the Crystal Empire episodes so maybe this movie wont be so bad  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
My ebay: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #437 on: February 17, 2017, 04:46:38 PM »
7 songs! I'm excited. I wonder if any of the "all star supporting cast" will be singing? They have to have SIA sing obviously. But c'mon Kristin Chenoweth? I'd be sad if they didn't but her vocal talents to use. I'm also aware that Taye Diggs and Uzo Aduba have singing backgrounds. So maybe they sing too. I would love to have Chenoweth and Aduba sing a new sea pony song.
formerly known as LyraHeartsrtings
Check out my shirts at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Al-1701Topic starter

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
« Reply #438 on: February 17, 2017, 05:00:35 PM »
Uh, what?

it still doesn't feel like enough to say that it is similar to LOTR, and Sombra is way less cool then Sauron  :P, at least Sauron had some backstory. I always liked the Crystal Empire episodes so maybe this movie wont be so bad  ;)
McCarthy herself said she was trying to make Sombra like Sauron.
A pony fan novel You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is looking for feedback and proofreading. A group of ponies awaken on a strange planet where they face its most dangerous species and learn the secrets behind one of its greatest legends.  STORY COMPLETE!

Online lostpony

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • loves applejackbunny . Starlily is best pony
« Reply #439 on: February 17, 2017, 05:32:39 PM »
No centaurs in star Tirek

I dont thats too many chatacters at all. Its sounding like good potential to me.

We need centaurs in Star Trek.
Babylon 5 had Centauri.  Does that count?

I don't remember much of Babylon 5.

Unfortunately Centauri had only 2 legs n no hooves but they did have multiple sex organs...

Im not sure how youd make a centaur with only funny forehead syndrome.

Sombra was similar to sauron in that both had become etherial n were tied to physical world by bond to a talisman. Bout it tho.
:lovey:                                                                                            .
lost in the pleasure of                             
35 years of Pony treasure         It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness photobucket
    *****BACKUP YOUR PHOTOBUCKET DATA NOW IF YOU STILL CAN You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
all my photobucket images: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #440 on: February 17, 2017, 05:37:59 PM »
7 songs! I'm excited. I wonder if any of the "all star supporting cast" will be singing? They have to have SIA sing obviously. But c'mon Kristin Chenoweth? I'd be sad if they didn't but her vocal talents to use. I'm also aware that Taye Diggs and Uzo Aduba have singing backgrounds. So maybe they sing too. I would love to have Chenoweth and Aduba sing a new sea pony song.

I feel certain that there will be at least one underwater sing and I will be extremely dissapointed if there isn't at least one tiny "shoop shoop be doo" as a reference.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
« Reply #441 on: February 17, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »
We got a bit more info from EQD which I'll recap here.

Capper - Con Artist Cat, turned hero
Tempest - A Unicorn Who's broken horn speaks to a troubled past
Songbird Serenade - The Hottest musical act in Equestria
Grubber - Hilarious bumbling side kick to The Storm King
The Storm King - Big Bad Villain of the Movie
Captain Caelano - Dynamic Leader of the Parrot Pirate Crew
Qyeen Novo - Regal Ruler of the Sea Ponies
Skystar - Energetic Daughter of Queen Novo

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There will be another Friendship Day Celebration in July, movie merchandise launch in August, a focus on back to school products in September, then the movie release in October.
The movie will have a short film either before it or included with it about something called Hana Zuki?

And of course the previously mentioned seven new songs.

I can bet Kristen Chenoweth will have a song. Have I mentioned before that I'm super excited she and Uzo Aduba are in this? Aduba has a nice singing voice as well. I'm sure they'll get some parts :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 05:50:28 PM by Bekuno »
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #442 on: February 17, 2017, 05:54:44 PM »
I feel little pieces of me dying reading those descriptions.
A pony fan novel You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is looking for feedback and proofreading. A group of ponies awaken on a strange planet where they face its most dangerous species and learn the secrets behind one of its greatest legends.  STORY COMPLETE!

Offline Dulset Tarn

• Rainbow Curl Pony
« Reply #443 on: February 17, 2017, 08:58:15 PM »
We got a bit more info from EQD which I'll recap here.

Hey buddy, uh maybe keep that stuff in spoiler tags?

• G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #444 on: February 17, 2017, 09:04:38 PM »
I'd hardly call them spoilers.  You just need to look at these characters and come to the same conclusion.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #445 on: February 17, 2017, 09:35:46 PM »
I kinda really don't like the new art.  They just look...off.

Offline Archer

• *MLP Convention Staff*
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #446 on: February 17, 2017, 09:36:17 PM »
I don't think those descriptions are spoilers, they're literally the conclusions you come to when you see the characters :)
[IMG]
Art Commissions are currently OPEN including anime art ^_^ PM me for details ^_^

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #447 on: February 17, 2017, 10:06:50 PM »
Not liking the seaponies (and the white one is basically a sea Celestia), the hedgehog, or that awful-looking purple unicorn with the broken horn.  I'd be staying far, far away from this thing if I was a little girl.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
« Reply #448 on: February 17, 2017, 10:14:37 PM »
Those aren't spoilers at all.

Spoilers would be like "The Storm King marries Celestia!!11!!11" Or some junk. We'll know the full plot and every detail of the movie when the novelization comes out in August. I might put that under a spoiler tag if you ask really nicely.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not a spoiler if it's information given out by Hasbro or a voice actor.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online lostpony

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • loves applejackbunny . Starlily is best pony
« Reply #449 on: February 17, 2017, 10:33:34 PM »
Celestia marries the Storm King?  Well that explains a lot.

Now we got some story going at last!  When Equestria Daily runs this spoiler let's not forget who leaked it here first, haha.
:lovey:                                                                                            .
lost in the pleasure of                             
35 years of Pony treasure         It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness photobucket
    *****BACKUP YOUR PHOTOBUCKET DATA NOW IF YOU STILL CAN You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
all my photobucket images: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login