collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Animation Cel Price Check?  (Read 510 times)

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Animation Cel Price Check?
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:16:20 PM »
Hey all!

I just ended up with a pile of my little pony tales cell from the episode "Sister of the Bride".   Please note, these are not collector quality cels.  All were stuck to their original sketches.  I removed them carefully with a humidifier, but there is still some paper residue on the backs of the paint.  This is not visible  and doesn't affect display quality but you need to know.  There is also minor debris and light surface scratching on the plastic.

All colored parts are from the original plastic cel sheets and the My Little Pony Tales cartoon.  However the black and white backgrounds are not original.  The orchard with Lucky on the far right is just a random background I found that looked nice with the cel and position.

The middle cel's background is a photocopy of the original sketch, plus the cel of the cake.  They only made one cake cell (or at least only 1 that I got) and I'm keeping that for myself.  But for display purposes, I thought it looked really nice. :)

I'm planning on bringing these to the Minneapolis My Little Pony meetup this week and wasn't sure what a fair asking price would be. (Pricing would include the frame)   I was thinking $10.00 for the Lucky cells, and maybe $20.00 for the center cel?  I only have the one of the bride which is shown but has some paint chipping (no paint chipping on any others) and have no idea what to ask for her.  Any suggestions?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks muchly!

Melissa
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:55:26 PM by silverdawn »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Animation Cel Price Check?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 01:05:28 PM »
Unfortunately these have been known to swamp ebay over the years and it does tend to keep their price on the lower side. They struggle to sell for above the $10 mark and most of them usually go unsold. I would be tempted to start at the $10 and see if you need to go down from there.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 10:17:36 PM »
I agree! I think they are fun though! I think $10 is a good starting price!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 11:23:24 PM »
Thanks for the help guys! :)  I really appreciate it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal