collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ULTIMATE GRAIL! Takara Pony Playset with Adult Takara *EDIT*Bridal Fashion Show!  (Read 4673 times)

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
Was she sealed before? Shame to see all these Takaras ripped open, although at least you both enjoy them out of the box very much.

Luckily none of mine were "ripped" open either. All of the Takara sets I have were MIB when I bought them, but due to the way they're made, they're actually very easy to remove and place back in the box without really knowing they left. The ponies are held in with twist ties, and the accessories and held in with cardboard. And the "seal" was an old piece of tape from the 80s. And from my point of view, if I'm spending money on my ponies I at least want to enjoy them :)

Offline MsMedley

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • "We’re all cast-aways in need of ropes"
    • View Profile
The artwork is so incredibly cute!!!
^.^ Check out my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/KimberlysCommissions

Thank you to Dainty for my profile pic!!

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
I couldn't resist the urge to do a selfie lol the mirror was just too perfect!  :biggrin:
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
I couldn't resist the urge to do a selfie lol the mirror was just too perfect!  :biggrin:

I cant blame you! Its just such a good opportunity!!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Was she sealed before? Shame to see all these Takaras ripped open, although at least you both enjoy them out of the box very much.

As others have mentioned, these ponies are easily taken out of the boxes from a flimsy tie. And Takaras are prone to having rotting rubberbands which can stain and damage hair... :/ So it's better to take them out to save their hair from damage [and if they don't have a brittle/rotting rubberband in their hair, it's likely they were taken out anyway.

Anyway, for fun until you have someone translate the whole thing for you.]I, of course, used the help of google translate.] XD

1) おでかけ - outting / going out
2) パーティー - party
3) - おさんぽ - leisurely walk
4) スポーツ - sports

eta: :D congrats on such a cutie!
oh, eta2: in my dictionary おめかし "dressing smartly /dressing up/ making up"; google: primping
[I'm not sure fashion is right. ]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:50:47 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Thanks so much banditpony! That's awesome.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
 ^.^ ^.^ Major Congrats, this is super super cute!!! and many thanks for sharing all this  ;) ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Congratulations, and thank you for posting photos! It's so great to finally see all the details up close. I always wondered what that thing with the keyholes was. It says "Dressing up television" at the top and 1-4 appear to be "channels" that show different types of looks. That is... quite an interesting piece of '80s fantasy technology! XD The interior makes it quite clear that this is indeed a beauty parlor (that little sign to the right of the television screen says "Shampoo, Cut, Blow, Permanent"), similar to the Hasbro Pretty Parlor and even seems to double as a carry case.

Luckily none of mine were "ripped" open either. All of the Takara sets I have were MIB when I bought them, but due to the way they're made, they're actually very easy to remove and place back in the box without really knowing they left. The ponies are held in with twist ties, and the accessories and held in with cardboard. And the "seal" was an old piece of tape from the 80s. And from my point of view, if I'm spending money on my ponies I at least want to enjoy them :)

I can confirm this as well. And the small piece of tape that seals the box is often so dried up that it more or less falls off by itself. X)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:58:16 AM by SpikeTheDragon »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
This is incredible, thank you so much for sharing so many interesting and fun photos!
I can imagine it would have been a lot of fun to play with, as a child or an adult. :P

Congrats on adding this beautiful set to your collection ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
That's wonderful! Thank you so much for posting these photos and explaining it all. It's so beautiful :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
Oh man, I love the attention they put into making this playset!  I always like seeing new Takara stuff, there's always something new to learn.  Congrats!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
That is... quite an interesting piece of '80s fantasy technology! XD The interior makes it quite clear that this is indeed a beauty parlor (that little sign to the right of the television screen says "Shampoo, Cut, Blow, Permanent"), similar to the Hasbro Pretty Parlor and even seems to double as a carry case.

:) I think you meant perm, not permanent

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
That is... quite an interesting piece of '80s fantasy technology! XD The interior makes it quite clear that this is indeed a beauty parlor (that little sign to the right of the television screen says "Shampoo, Cut, Blow, Permanent"), similar to the Hasbro Pretty Parlor and even seems to double as a carry case.

Permanent is the full term, however in English most speakers shorten it to be "perm" so both are right :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Ohmigosh, the translations are already coming in! Eeeee!  :frolic:

I never would have guessed that the little "magic mirror" (as I'd been calling it) was a fantasy fashion T.V.!!! OMG how CUTE!!

It sucks having to go to work during the day and be apart from this playset...I swear I have withdrawals throughout the day! All I want to do is play with it lol!  :lol:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile

Permanent is the full term, however in English most speakers shorten it to be "perm" so both are right :)
Oh! Dang, never knew that. Thanks :') how sad...

Eta: パーマ  is just perm, so it is the shortened version on the box.
Permanent wave is  パーマネントウエーブ
Of course they mean the same thing :) I just wanted to point it out I guess.. In case it meant anything to OP
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:11:46 AM by banditpony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal