collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EQLA, SoCal Pony Con, Sept. 4-6  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
EQLA, SoCal Pony Con, Sept. 4-6
« on: August 30, 2015, 01:07:48 AM »
Is anyone in Cali going to Equestria LA? https://equestriala.com/ It's next weekend, and it's happening right next to Disneyland! In fact, it's even organized by our own BabyMedley! :frolic: This year they're trying to make it all-gens friendly, so I'm hoping I'll see some G1 goodies in the artists alley!

I'll be there, and if anyone else is going, I'd love to say hi!

Post Merge: August 30, 2015, 12:50:49 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have posted this at midnight, LOL! I'm tempted to go to Disneyland the next day, because I heard some folks were planning on making a group run together, then I realized it's Labor Day weekend... :yikes:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:50:49 PM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: EQLA, SoCal Pony Con, Sept. 4-6
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 12:17:35 PM »
This sounds fun! I will bump back up for you :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:50:15 PM »
Thanks for the bump, Hathorcat! ^^ Today is Day 0, woo!! I'm still working on last-minute cosplay stuff, of course... :yikes:

I can't wait to get a pony signed by Bonnie Zacherie!! I'm bringing a super-baity FF Cotton Candy, and I'm gonna make her into a custom with the Original Six's symbols and hair-colors! I can't wait!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 01:28:03 AM »
Ran into Snapdragon already (impossible to miss a rockin' G1 cosplay!) but I am at Equestria LA as a vendor. I'm at Table #35 on the map and I do have a Firefly print (Firefly from last year's UK Ponycon conbook) and button versions. And I have a few commission options as well.

Stop by and say hi! I'm there all weekend. Tomorrow I'll be cosplaying Daring Do and Sunday I'm running a bad fanfiction reading panel at 12:30.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 04:17:26 AM »
What awww I just found out about this.... so close yet so far away as I can't go on such short notice.

Post Merge: September 05, 2015, 04:31:26 AM

I'm so sad now a pony related event near me and I can't go.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:31:26 AM by gemini_pony »

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 11:43:47 PM »
Sorry you couldn't join us, gemini_pony! Maybe next year? :)

Corona, it was so nice to see you!! I managed to run to your booth at the last minute and buy one of your keychains, LOL!! You weren't there sadly, but the hall was about to close so I don't blame ya for doing some last-minute shopping too!

In random news, um, CONCERNED PONY MET SUMMER HAYES AND BONNIE ZACHERLE!!!!!! OMG!!! https://twitter.com/concerned_pony/status/640609795444113408

:faint:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:47:58 PM by Snapdragon »

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 08:35:01 AM »
That photo of Concerned pony with the ladies is so cute! Love Bonnie's expression! XD

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 12:34:51 AM »
Corona, it was so nice to see you!! I managed to run to your booth at the last minute and buy one of your keychains, LOL!! You weren't there sadly, but the hall was about to close so I don't blame ya for doing some last-minute shopping too!
It was awesome running into you again! Sorry I missed you and Concerned Pony! I was wearing three different hats (vending, panelist, and media) so running around the con randomly is par for the course for me. If you're gonna be at BABSCon I'll be there too. c:

Duster reference]

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 12:48:54 AM »
It was awesome running into you again! Sorry I missed you and Concerned Pony! I was wearing three different hats (vending, panelist, and media) so running around the con randomly is par for the course for me. If you're gonna be at BABSCon I'll be there too. c:

OMG girl!! And here I thought I was busy!! All I did was volunteer and shop... :lmao: I wasn't planning on BABSCon, TBH! I don't wanna fly up there and all my friends have full carpools. :P But I hope you have super fun!!

Sadly I don't know if I'll be attending EQLA this coming year, they had a lot of problems with stalkers and known abusers being allowed to roam around the convention... I heard a lot of complaints about how poorly run it was and how bad communication between staff was, sadly which I witnessed in my own time. For example, no one showed up on time, schedules were re-worked with zero notice, no one knew where to be at any given time ... I mean, there were like 2 people there to work with the VIPs at the start of Day 1, and when you have big names like Faust and Zacherle, there's really no excuse for that clumsy, slipshod treatment. It was just really poorly run. I had fun shopping, at least.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:02:54 AM by Snapdragon »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal