collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Venezuela Blossom bought and I feel decieved  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
Venezuela Blossom bought and I feel decieved
« on: August 14, 2015, 03:54:33 AM »
Hello all,

I bought this sweetie on German Ebay for 170 Euros (~ $187) incl shipping.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She arrived very quickly but when I took her out of the unsealed box, I discovered that she has black dots at different places of her body (for example eartips but not limited to these). The first one was visible even before I took her out, so the seller must have known of it. Also, half of her tail is significatly shorter than the rest and the symbols look quite smudgy.
The pony was listed as new, without any damadge with no further description. Even if the tail and symbols have always been like this, the black spots are in my opinion deteriorations that should have been mentioned. It didn't occur to me when I saw the listing that the picture was rather small and not very detailed. The seller could have done better if she had just wanted to. I must say that I feel decieved.

What do you think of this and how would you proceed?
First thing for me is, I will definately sleep a night over it before I do anything. But I would have some feedback from you already, please.
Thank you!

[moving to TS for you love pkw xxx]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:36:21 AM by pinkkittywinks »

Princess Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Venezuela Blossom bought and I feel decieved
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 05:31:51 AM »
Hi Tiara546, in the picture you've provided I can see the tail is half shorter on one end than the other, but that being said if I saw it on eBay MIB with no mention of a tail cut I doubt I would have noticed it! When something is MIB you don't really look for flaws, you just expect it to be mint unless otherwise mentioned. As far as I know vene ponies aren't prone to in box discoloration (of black spots) and especially if you can see those black dots on her ears in the box I personally wouldn't be happy if they weren't listed in the description :huh:

I only have one Vene pony I traded for and so I'm not sure of her general MIB box value. I would try to find this out and if her value as a non-perfect pony isn't comparable to what you paid I would contact the seller and ask for a refund- especially if she listed her as refundable/ returns excepted. You poor thing, it's always horrible when these things happen even when they're unintentional  :cry:

Good luck with sorting everything out :)

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 05:47:59 AM »
Oh no that's terrible that she has these issues.

First, I believe the tail isn't cut, sometimes the end inside the pony isn't lined up perfectly and it can make the tail appear shorter on one side. I would open her up and see if it's lopsided inside her. If that makes sense.

Secondly, it's a huge shame she has these black dots on her, I'm assuming smoose or are they bigger? I find Venes are easy to remove from box and then put back in so I'm not surprised she isn't a true MIB.
If it is smooze, people have had luck getting it off with boiling and scraping with finger nail.

As for the seller, she/he could very easily have mentioned it as you said it's visible on her ears without even taking her out so I feel it's intentional not to mention it.
If I was in that position and I really liked the pony anyways I would lean towards partial refund since it's not as described.
Or if you're totally disheartened you could ask seller about a return.
Good luck on what you decide and please keep us up to date :hug:
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tiara546

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 06:56:22 AM »
Thank you both! I have already checked the completed Ebay listings for prices but there aren't that much.
Is anyone here who could give me a PC on her?

I'm adding photos so that you can see her flaws:

http://www.tiara546.de/uploads/ponys/vblossom1.JPG
http://www.tiara546.de/uploads/ponys/vblossom2.JPG
http://www.tiara546.de/uploads/ponys/vblossom3.JPG
http://www.tiara546.de/uploads/ponys/vblossom4.JPG
http://www.tiara546.de/uploads/ponys/vblossom5.JPG
http://www.tiara546.de/uploads/ponys/vblossom6.JPG

I guess I would rather keep her but will contact the seller as soon as I have made up my mind where to range her price-wise.  :|

For her tail, I had the thought to open her up too, but her head is glued in places and I don't want to open her up unless I'm sure I would keep her.
The seller sold her to me as a private person without option to take her back, but even then, that only applies if the item really is in the condition it was described in. I'll see...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:05:19 AM by Tiara546 »

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 02:04:02 PM »
I do not like anything.
people selling MIB should make selling their ponies in good condition.
I once sold one, I made sure the pony were in good condition, but do not remove any anchoring of the box.
This pony is poorly maintained and as much as is in the original box, the seller has to take a look and make sure that the pony is in good condition. :mad:
I'm sorry that this happened

I use google translator and translation might not be good

Offline Tiara546

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 04:14:31 AM »
Thank you.
I contacted the seller today via Ebay, the payment was luckily made through Paypal so i think something will result of it.
Will keep you updated.

If anyone has a PC for her in the meantime, I'd still need it... :)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 04:31:41 AM »
I'm so sorry that you are dissapointed with you pony :(

I find it odd her head is glued in place, I'm sure all Venezuelan have loose heads? I could be wrong :blush:

The tail perhaps I can explain :) they don't have a clamp or washer, instead the hair is tied in a knot :)   My Starshines have slightly uneven tails, but not to the extent of your Blossom.

It is so difficult with MIB or MOC ponies, especially if they are nirvana. You would hope that still being boxed they would be perfect, but this isn't always the case. I once saw a MOC Argie pony with a dead fly inside her bubble with her! Yuck!

I can only suggest that you talk to your seller :hug:

Another yellow Blossom MIB sold not long ago for 200 Euros :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 06:29:36 AM »
I have seen those black dot's before. My Italian magenta Blossom has some larger ones too. They are actually factory flaws from when the pony was made in the mold, made of burnt plastic or other dirt in the plastic.
I'm sorry that your Blossom had it! :(
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 08:55:39 AM »
May I ask...do you have a link to the original auction?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »
I have seen those black dot's before. My Italian magenta Blossom has some larger ones too. They are actually factory flaws from when the pony was made in the mold, made of burnt plastic or other dirt in the plastic.
I'm sorry that your Blossom had it! :(

I have seen a CP Italy Sparkler with dark bits in her plastic! They were actually in her plastic and must have got there when she was made.

It could be dirt from the factory on Blossom or dirt that got in her box over time. Even rubbing in the box can cause dirt marks on a pony :( but it could well be deterioration due to age :huh:

It is so tricky since the boxes aren't sealed shut and tape wasn't used to hold the boxes closed so dirt could get in very easily.

Loose her value is around $80 or so.

I hope you can resolve things :hug:

Love pkw xxx

Offline Tiara546

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 01:01:55 PM »
Thank you all for your answers.

Yes, of course, Hathorcat. This is the link to the original auction:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/261998841717?euid=e531b4f4713548f19d82621f509fb32d&cp=1

So much has happended since I last wrote here. I opened a dispute on Ebay including the photos I posted here and asked the seller for a proposition to resolve the situation. Three hours later, I had four messages via the dispute form, one more via ebay messages and one message from the seller's boyfriend via a German MLP forum I'm on.

I was accused of fraud right away, threatened with a lawyer and charges that would be filed against me and shortly after, she even claimed she was sure that my pictures showed another pony than the one she had sent to me. Also, she told me of her various friends inside the pony community and that she and her boyfriend had several Ebay accounts (one of that promptly bought one of my ponies so that she can leave retaliatory feedback, just in case). Phew!
However, I am not someone to be intimidated easily. I got a partial refund via buyer protection since and will, of course, be sure to leave honest FB even if that means a retaliatory one for me.

The latest incident in that matter is that I bought a pony lot from another german Ebay member yesterday and it got cancelled by the seller, saying the seller of that Venezuela Blossom contacted her to "warn" her about me. That I was someone who fraudulently claimed that ponies were in bad condition if there were actually not. I informed Ebay again and will see when it'll finally cease. There's some really strange people out there, I wonder wether she's on this forum, too.

Post Merge: August 19, 2015, 01:05:06 PM

Thank you, Pinkkittywinks. I got a refund of 50 euros through Ebay. Seems like it didn't even cover the loss, then... such a shame. :(
Edit: I didn't read right... so loose she is $80 (that's already good to know ^.^ ), but MIB with those flaws? Out of interest only, as the Ebay case is now closed already. :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:11:45 PM by Tiara546 »

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 01:34:15 PM »
Thank you all for your answers.

Yes, of course, Hathorcat. This is the link to the original auction:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/261998841717?euid=e531b4f4713548f19d82621f509fb32d&cp=1

So much has happended since I last wrote here. I opened a dispute on Ebay including the photos I posted here and asked the seller for a proposition to resolve the situation. Three hours later, I had four messages via the dispute form, one more via ebay messages and one message from the seller's boyfriend via a German MLP forum I'm on.

I was accused of fraud right away, threatened with a lawyer and charges that would be filed against me and shortly after, she even claimed she was sure that my pictures showed another pony than the one she had sent to me. Also, she told me of her various friends inside the pony community and that she and her boyfriend had several Ebay accounts (one of that promptly bought one of my ponies so that she can leave retaliatory feedback, just in case). Phew!
However, I am not someone to be intimidated easily. I got a partial refund via buyer protection since and will, of course, be sure to leave honest FB even if that means a retaliatory one for me.

The latest incident in that matter is that I bought a pony lot from another german Ebay member yesterday and it got cancelled by the seller, saying the seller of that Venezuela Blossom contacted her to "warn" her about me. That I was someone who fraudulently claimed that ponies were in bad condition if there were actually not. I informed Ebay again and will see when it'll finally cease. There's some really strange people out there, I wonder wether she's on this forum, too.

Post Merge: August 19, 2015, 01:05:06 PM

Thank you, Pinkkittywinks. I got a refund of 50 euros through Ebay. Seems like it didn't even cover the loss, then... such a shame. :(

Wow, this just screams Fishy to me. I would not trust this seller at all :( Are they one this forum? If so would you mind sending their username via PM.
I'm so sorry you're having to go through with this. The fact that they're accusing you and getting so defensive definitely proves that they're in the wrong here.

Offline Tiara546

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »
I found it very fishy to be attacked right away, too.
Unfortunately, I don't know if she's on here as well. But her auction photo suggests she has a big collection and she's actually selling two more MIB Venezuelas at the moment.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 12:49:10 AM »
Wasn't the seller banned from here/ banned from selling here? I think I remember her.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 07:37:57 AM »
I'm popping this over to trading support.

I am upset at how you have been treated by the seller Tiara :( that is terrible they have threatened you so.

Love pkw xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal