collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony has faint marks but already left feedback? Advice requested  (Read 1866 times)

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Pony has faint marks but already left feedback? Advice requested
« on: September 13, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »
Hey, all...

Well, the other week I bought a Clipper and Baby Hopscotch off of eBay.  Clipper is all good, fine, and dandy.  The pictures reflected everything that could have been wrong with him.

Baby Hopscotch is a little different story... 
Here is the link to the ended auction.  You'll have to click to view the few pictures that are posted.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181846781455?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm posting this here before contacting the seller, because I want to make sure I'm being reasonable.
When I look at the eBay posting, I personally don't see anything wrong with the pony - even using the zoom on each picture.  (Actually, now if I'm straining, I maaaay be able to see a slight darker mark near her neck line...but there is no photo of the lower mark.)

When I received the pony, at first, I didn't take her out of the little ziploc bag...I glanced at her, thought she looked good, and left good feedback.

Well, today I took her out.  Behind her mane were two orange-ish marks...  They are hard for me to photograph, but I tried my best.  They are pretty obvious to the eye (as my eyes saw it right away) - just one of those that are harder to show via photograph.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here I tried to circle the areas..

What should I do?

I thought about just contacting the seller saying:

"Hello!  I was just looking at Baby Hopscotch today, and when I moved her mane back, I noticed two faint orange/brown-ish dots.  (Please see attached photos).  I went back to double check the photos on the auction to make sure I didn't accidentally miss these marks; it seems like I can faintly maybe make out a darker patch near the neckline but there is no mention or photo of the mark on the lower part of her display side stomach. "--- That's when I don't know what to say.  Should I ask for a partial refund?  Am I being unreasonble???  I don't knoooow...

ANY advice is MUCH appreciated.  Thanks, guys!

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Pony has faint marks but already left feedback? Advice requested
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 03:50:50 PM »
Oh dear...that's a bit of a pickle.

I think you may be out of luck, especially since you already left feedback.  Also, from the listing in the auction the brown spot is actually visible on the second photo so I don't know if there's much that will help you in your case.  :(  She doesn't give a detailed listing, so all you have is the photos to go off of, and to me, it's pretty visible.

I'm sorry!  Good luck.  :hug:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 03:58:08 PM »
Can you see the second orange mark on the bottom on the middle photo, too? :-\  If so, I will just close this up right now and chalk it up as my own dumb fault and poor eyesight lol! :) 

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 03:58:55 PM »
Hmmm...not sure how you should proceed. I too can see the orange mark in the listing, so it's going to be a hard thing to say you didn't notice. I actually should say a hard thing from your sellers point of view most likely to say you didn't notice.

I suppose you could send them a message and see what they say. I would be prepared though that they are under no obligation to give you a  partial refund, you will most likely have to send the pony back for a full refund.

Good Luck and keep us posted.  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 04:11:51 PM »
Ah well.  My own stupid fault.  That's why I wanted to turn to you guys first for an opinion.  I'll just leave it be.  I wouldn't bother someone for my own inability to notice something in a picture  :drunk: :redface:

Thanks, all!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 05:31:43 PM »
Honestly, since you already left feedback, in eBay's eyes the seller has no obligation to refund you at all and the transaction is said and done. That's why I look over my items well before leaving feedback and make sure I am happy.

You can try messaging them but I wouldn't expect anything.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »
You could politely message the seller just to let them know you found a flaw and that it might be a good idea in future listings to specifically mention these kinds of issues in the description instead of just relying on photos (especially since monitors display things differently and some people may have a hard time seeing flaws unless they are mentioned). However, I wouldn't ask for a partial refund. Like others have said, in eBay and (likely) the seller's eyes the transaction is complete since feedback has been left. Sorry you were disappointed with your pony :(

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 07:16:26 PM »
Thankfully I'm still pleased with her... Just a little taken aback when I moved her mane lol. Oh well!  That's life! Im just happy she's in my collection. Except for those two spots she's in great condition :) 

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 04:28:21 AM »
I got to thinking this morning, since it's been bothering me since yesterday as soon as I saw who the seller was. I couldn't put my finger on it at the time though.

This seller/buyer is known to be a problem. I hate to beat a dead horse but here is the 14 page thread, concerning her past behavior.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,348234.0.html
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 07:25:31 AM »
Aha!  She sounded familiar for some reason... gahhh there are so many scammers on my list... :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 09:03:41 AM »
Man,people inventing sob stories to try to get a deal just burn me up.  Putting this seller on my block list.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 02:28:46 PM »
I got to thinking this morning, since it's been bothering me since yesterday as soon as I saw who the seller was. I couldn't put my finger on it at the time though.

This seller/buyer is known to be a problem. I hate to beat a dead horse but here is the 14 page thread, concerning her past behavior.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,348234.0.html

I KNEW the seller sounded familiar.  Shame on me for not doing a search prior to buying.  I forgot how she was the one that was involved in that whole mess.  She'll be added to my block list, too!  Thanks!! :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 04:24:52 AM »
Ugh yeah dodgy scammer and one to avoid  :(  I'm so sorry hun . I don't think there is a lot you can do now other than block/avoid her since you left feedback. If you did try sending a polite message knowing who this is now I don't think you'd have any joy. I'm just glad you aren't too disappointed with your pony *hugs*  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 01:15:56 PM »
well, I got to admit, I have a question:  you said the pony was in the ziplock bag or a while before you opened her,   was the bag closed all the way?  I'm not trying to defend a bad seller, but that really can make marks from regrind or plastic decomposition worse, so I try to always get them out ASAP from plastic bags, especially if it's been hot.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »
Hmm- the second picture does show the oranger mark- but the pony looks a lot better in her photos than in your photos.  I wonder if she used remove-zit to fade the marks and they kept on fading (that happens sometimes which is why that product is dangerous)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal