collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko skipped wave in AU?  (Read 495 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Funko skipped wave in AU?
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:48:22 AM »
I've just noticed that the Funko Shining Armour, Princess Cadance, and Spike wave is for preorder in Australia with a September release.
We've not seen the Celestia and Luna wave yet however, and I'm worried they won't get released down here at all after the nightmare of their original US release. We've had every single other one, just not the Princesses. (Funny enough, one store has had a preorder for Celestia since April that they've pushed back month by month)  :P

So can I ask Funko collectors in America, after their initial release did Funko stop selling Celestia and Luna? Did they disappear entirely from Hot Topic shelves and online? Could they have ceased production of this wave?

I might email the store and see if they have any insight, but it doesn't look promising.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Funko skipped wave in AU?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 03:21:07 AM »
Luna and Celestia are extremely hard to find.  They were barely on the shelves when they were released in December, and Hot Topic had them up on their site sporadically, but it's been a good few months since they were last up.

I was thinking they may have been waiting to rerelease them due to the broken tail issue that a lot of people had, but we're now on a second wave of ponies since Luna and Celestia were released with no indication that we'll actually see them again.

Their release here was so terrible, though.  Constant push backs in the actual release date, broken parts for both their regular and glitter variants (more so with Luna), some stores never getting them at all...

So yeah, no idea when/if we'll see them again here in the US or anywhere else.  I feel bad for anyone who wasn't able to get them, because they're absolutely gorgeous figures.  I hope there's a rerelease for those who missed out! *fingers crossed*
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 09:40:14 AM »

I didn't have trouble finding them- but have noticed Hot Topic hasn't restocked. I wouldn't panic though-  there were some major complaints about the tails falling out so probably they are re-working the design and there will be a 2nd release (like Muffin and Rainbow Dash)

Luna especially is a ridiculously hot seller so I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't order more- the production process just takes a long time.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:41:47 AM by Galactica »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »
Its kind of hard to tell with this line; I know in the UK I have seen multiple waves on shelves at the same time. It may be due to the fact outside the US, retailers have to import across muliple waves or that more variety is offered in waves to make taking the product worthwhile taking outside of the core market? Or it could just be retailers shifting less stock and therefore having some cross over.

I would not say no you wont see them but I also woudl not hold out on the guarantee that you will. I would try asking Funko directly (they are a smaller company and may be able to tell you what will be available in your country...not guranteed but perhaps worth a go). And I would certainly speak to the retailer as they are going to know what they have ordered :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal