collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: YOUR My Little Pony Fan Generations [All Ideas Welcome]  (Read 2717 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: YOUR My Little Pony Fan Generations [All Ideas Welcome]
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2015, 09:28:30 AM »
It's going to be like G4 just with the next generation and more...
I've seen that all too many times and trust me many did not end well... most ended up in the 'My Mane6 OTP's kids are the main cast but literally nothing has changed around' category.
So be wary of that, if it's set in the future than make it feel like it's in the future. Though, try not to go overboard either.
Thank you for the advice, but I assure you that we will make it seem like the future enough.  I didn't really explain it very well, and will attempt to in my next post, but it will be more than just "G4-Part 2".  The fact that it follows FIM is basically the kick-starter, and like I said it will take things from each generation, because I love all of them.  I will try to explain better later.

Also, the main characters will not be the Mane Six's kids, just throwing that in.

Appreciate the advice though. :)

PS: I'm also unsure how much to reveal, because I don't want to much to be seen before it's ready, even though I'm sure I can trust the people on here.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 04:56:21 PM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2015, 11:52:01 AM »
A bit of world information from my ideas.  Instead of light bulbs or open flames, the ponies and other races use a mineral called solei quartz.  It grows in crystal "trees" and pieces of varying lengths can be broken off from stubs to put in sconces to spears long enough to supply light in a massive crystal chandelier.  Solei quartz absorbs visible, infrared, and ultraviolet light and produces pure visible light.  They take about an hour per meter length to charge in direct sunlight and shine for fifty hours per meter length.  To preserve the energy until they're to be used, they are kept in mirrored containers that recycles the light back into the crystal.  Light fixtures and lanterns also have mirrors to encapsulate their crystals when they're "turned off."

Something more high fantasy than just saying have light bulbs or using candles.  Solei quartz can also be used to supply electrical power to a direct current circuit.  Therefore small electronic devices like radios exist.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Princess Lala

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2015, 12:17:22 PM »
Well, trolls have been remade for Target and omg I would love G1 ponies to be remade with their original plastics and molds! And NOT have those yucky factory seam lines on em like G4 have! Also I would LOVE their cutie marks to be still on both sides! I just dont know what happened to the quality of Hasbros toys over the years, JEM is the only amazing quality Hasbro to me nowadays! xD I am just so sad G1 ponies were before my time, I would have bought every single one!! Retro things seem to be 'in' right now and really popping up and picking up attentioncso why not? I would love if they made the space ponieszz!!!

I also would make pastel glow in the dark ponies!!! A whole line of em! with stars, moons, hearts, and bioluminescent animal cutie marks!! *dies over a jellyfish one*

Also.... why arent there seaponies with horns!? Unless I am missing something? xD Like.... imagine a narwal-like seapony. Just a sea pony with a long shell-shaped horn sort of like a unicorn- but on a seapony! I would love to be one of those!!!! :3 *edits ponysona*
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:23:00 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2015, 02:06:19 PM »
A narwhal "horn" is actually a tusk, so a narwhal sea pony would have a giant tooth sticking out of its mouth (I kid).  I think they wanted to keep one gimmick to each species.  Pegasi have wings, unicorns have horns, sea ponies have seahorse bodies, etc.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal