collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scandinavian Gusty puffy sticker (for all you sticker obsessed collectors, like me)  (Read 3948 times)

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
First, sorry for posting so much lately :blush:

A year ago an amazing MLP puffy sticker collection came into my hands. It belonged to the photographer of the swedish MLP line, or it belonged to his young son actually, who kept them after the photoshoot. He sold them to a friend of mine a while ago who later traded them with me. :) All puffy stickers is from the swedish sold ponies, so it has been an important mapping piece for me when trying to understand how it was, and what was sold here.

I found a very interesting difference with the Gusty sticker I got (that belongs to the green eyed Gusty in the "Fable Ponies"-set with yellow Moondancer)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's the one in the middle. Has anyone ever seen a copyright 1985 one before? I'm really excited about this one!  :joy:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:58:20 AM by Ponyland »
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
Neat. You certainly lucky when it comes to ponies :biggrin:
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Congrats what a great find! :) All the later puffy stickers in 1985 got a copyright stamp on them so this would coincide with the Euro lines being later than the US in manufacture. The copyright mark does not show up on Euro ponies normally until 1986 how odd this one set must have gotten something ahead of everything else.

It is a little out of the norm for where it was released. Euro stickers used a different font from the US ones - this sticker has the US font on it. Peculiar indeed.

I believe we have seen something with the copyright on it before but I dont believe we knew why it was that way...due to the font and the copyright not showing up over here until 86, I believe we assumed they were simply from later releases in the US.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Very cool! It's the sort of difference that could easily be overlooked if you didn't know it was there. I checked my stickers and the baby ponies and ponywear from 1985 also have a copyright on it.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Ponyland

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Congrats what a great find! :) All the later puffy stickers in 1985 got a copyright stamp on them so this would coincide with the Euro lines being later than the US in manufacture. The copyright mark does not show up on Euro ponies normally until 1986 how odd this one set must have gotten something ahead of everything else.

It is a little out of the norm for where it was released. Euro stickers used a different font from the US ones - this sticker has the US font on it. Peculiar indeed.

I believe we have seen something with the copyright on it before but I dont believe we knew why it was that way...due to the font and the copyright not showing up over here until 86, I believe we assumed they were simply from later releases in the US.

Great information hathorcat! Thank you! :D

This is the sticker set with the "Fable Ponies" that I have. Only missing Heart Throb from this set. As you see all except Gusty is on the yellow backing (that backing was also used for other ponies in the UK) I have a moc Powder from this set where you can catch a glimpse of the yellow backing of her sticker. Gusty is the only one that has a copyright date on it.
It would have been more easy for me to understand if it was a regular US sticker that got reused, but this one really confuses me as I have never seen one with a copyright date on it before. I have seen a updated US Gusty sticker with the red stripe though (but I don't own that one yet) but that one doesn't have a copyright date on it.

Here you can see a difference from the Firefly that we got. On the sticker she has a white bow on her tail!

Here is the powder sticker compared to 2 US versions. The scandinavian sticker is more intensely pink (hard for the camera to pic up.

And here is a sticker from the earth pony set that we got. Lickety Split's sticker is also copyrighted 1985! And I have never seen that before on any of these earth ponies. We had White tootsie in this set to, on her sticker she is green though.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Interesting! I'm going to have to have a look at my stickers now :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Ooo! More stickers for me to hunt :D 

I have 3 Gusty stickers also, but none with the copyright. My two with the red in the hair are slightly different. The pink in the rainbow border is a different shade, the purple in the ribbons are also a different shade of purple.  Also, the one at the top left has a cross-hatch pattern to the surface.

Post Merge: August 05, 2015, 06:37:24 AM

Interesting....

I have some with the copyright from the Twinkle Eye set, some without.   The ones without have text in a lighter blue color.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:37:24 AM by ashlyne »

Offline Ponyland

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Oooh! Thanx for showing us ashlyne!

All my swedish stickers has that pink shade in the rainbow border that your red stipe Gusty has (the one below the other). That one is your Movie Star Gusty sticker right? My camera just don't want to pic up the color, but it is a very intensely pink (almost like neon, but a coral-ish neon). So it looks like everyone got re-printed in a different shade.

I think that your puffy TE stickers copyright date has something to do about how those ponies were sold in UK. It looks like the later ponies just didn't get a copyright date. :)

Offline baby_gusty

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I have a puffy that goes with scandinavian Gusty and it has the copyright 1985 on it :)

Thank you specialk070581 for puffyavatar
My Wantlist               Looking for Spain Baby Gusty and Baby Gustys Puffysticker

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Ooh  - this is so cool! I have quite a lot of stickers with the 1985(EDIT: sorry - this was a typo, I meant 1986!) copyright . It is the baby ponies from that year (I have baby Gusty and baby Firefly), and Cuddles as well as Megan and Sundance. So I guess I can assume that all those were US releases then?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:25:07 AM by katrine2309 »
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Ponyland

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Ooh  - this is so cool! I have quite a lot of stickers with the 1985 copyright . It is the baby ponies from that year (I have baby Gusty and baby Firefly), and Cuddles as well as Megan and Sundance. So I guess I can assume that all those were US releases then?

Baby Gusty is an european release with a puffy sticker (that one is a gem that you have! I'm still searching for it!). :) Baby Firefly wasn't sold with a sticker in Europe (we got them on a card with a bottle in Scandinavia, and UK didn't get them at all). I think that BENELUX (Belgien, Netherlands and Luxembourg) might have gotten the boxed US set of baby ponies though.
Megan & Sundance was sold both here and in Europe. In Scandinavia we got the 1985 US release of them, but one year later ( in 1986). UK got a different set, and I think the puffy sticker says 1986?

Post Merge: August 16, 2015, 07:30:41 AM

I have a puffy that goes with scandinavian Gusty and it has the copyright 1985 on it :)

It's the puffy for adult Gusty, not Baby Gusty? :) Cool! Then we know that more of them exist!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:30:41 AM by Ponyland »

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
Baby Gusty is an european release with a puffy sticker (that one is a gem that you have! I'm still searching for it!). :) Baby Firefly wasn't sold with a sticker in Europe (we got them on a card with a bottle in Scandinavia, and UK didn't get them at all). I think that BENELUX (Belgien, Netherlands and Luxembourg) might have gotten the boxed US set of baby ponies though.

BENELUX issue is also carded (like the German and Danish ones, but with French and Dutch language. I know that some areas of Europe did get US boxes though (possibly direct imports?)

Offline Ponyland

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile

BENELUX issue is also carded (like the German and Danish ones, but with French and Dutch language. I know that some areas of Europe did get US boxes though (possibly direct imports?)

Yes you are correct I have a MOC dutch baby blossom one as well, but I also have an dutch advertising for the boxed babies in my ad collection, so I think they got both versions a year appart the boxed babies first in 1985-86, and the carded babies in 1987 i think...

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
It's certainly possible, especially since it seems they were released twice in Germany. I know a Danish collector also had a boxed one in childhood.

Offline baby_gusty

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

Post Merge: August 16, 2015, 07:30:41 AM

It's the puffy for adult Gusty, not Baby Gusty? :) Cool! Then we know that more of them exist!
[/quote]

Yes, adult Gusty :D
Wish I had baby gusty too though ;) :heart:

Thank you specialk070581 for puffyavatar
My Wantlist               Looking for Spain Baby Gusty and Baby Gustys Puffysticker

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal