collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Resealed by Global Shipping Program"  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: "Resealed by Global Shipping Program"
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 12:46:33 AM »
I am actually watching my acct like a hawk for it to opt me in behind my back now UK ebay is dragged in.

With Petrol Poppy ( as I am now calling my poor exhaust fumed birthflower pony, though she is much less petrol-smelly after 24 hours being aired) the website said she was out for delivery on Saturday. She arrived on Monday. If I had been waiting for it on Sat I would have wasted a day, and am sure tge smell came from sitting in a hot van for 3 days undelivered, as the box was the culprit and reeked of it.

Fortunately Poppy was rescued just about in time, and the speed with which the smell has dropped proves she didn't smell like that when she left her old home.

And yes, UK only shippers exist just like US only ones and while many lately I have seen prevailed upon to change their policy, there is no doubt that sone of them sre just as inflexible and unhelpful. When you consider the difference here is basically a custom form, it really makes no sense. Buyer pays fees and a trip to the PO has to happen anyway, so really, what is gained?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 02:27:35 AM »
I am actually watching my acct like a hawk for it to opt me in behind my back now UK ebay is dragged in.

And yes, UK only shippers exist just like US only ones and while many lately I have seen prevailed upon to change their policy, there is no doubt that sone of them sre just as inflexible and unhelpful. When you consider the difference here is basically a custom form, it really makes no sense. Buyer pays fees and a trip to the PO has to happen anyway, so really, what is gained?

I am so mad about the latest affiliation of ebay.co.uk with the GSP! Within a year both of my main avenues for buying MLP (ebay.com and ebay.co.uk) have virtually been barred to me: So far, all sellers from both the USA as well as the UK have refused to ship to Germany with anything other than the GSP - which is insane from the buyer's point of view, because shipping is so, so, so much more expensive with the GSP, plus, time and again, I am calculated taxes, although I wouldn't have to pay any.

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 03:17:10 AM »
I am keeping watch on my ebay sale items too. There is absolutely no way I want my buyers to be paying insane postage costs (I sell quite a bit internationally. I don't have any country I wont ship to ) and there is absolutely no way I want my completely waterproof sealed completely taped, parcel paper wrapped secure boxed, specially gift wrapped, colour co-ordinated and bubble wrapped  items being opened and ruined  by being put back in minus all my special wrapping and taped with a single piece of sticky tape along the box edge, then kept heaven knows where until final delivery - which as Taffetta states  is some days after the tracking shows it should have been delivered :yikes:
No. Just No. :throw:
ok..rant over ...again...for now ..  :P 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 04:17:33 AM »
I've resorted to keeping a database of all the sellers I've asked whether they will ship regular mail instead of GSP. 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 04:25:40 AM »
There is at least a clear option in the user profile to turn it off. I dislike the idea of a package I send being in multiple unneccessary hands en route. Imo GSP is an excuse for a seller to be lazy at the buyer's expense.

I think the auctions most at risk for automatic GSP are already own country onky sellers, tbh, which is why there is so much resistancecwhen they are asked.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 09:25:02 AM »
I buy frequently from a US seller who uses GSP - personally never had any problems with it so far and the items arrive much quicker. Didn't buy anything pricey such as MIBs through that system though. I will feel iffy too if they're tampered with  :pout:

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2015, 09:53:42 PM »
The Global Shipping Program should be reported to the Better Business Bureau, and furthermore charged with vandalism and tampering with mail.
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal