collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seller sent dirty merchandise - how to handle? (non-poy)  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Leigh_Lu

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Seller sent dirty merchandise - how to handle? (non-poy)
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »
I ordered a vintage 90s doll on ebay. I paid the hour I won the auction, and the seller shipped fast. I know that when ordering older items -- things happen. The pictures look pristine, o the auction, and I'm confident it's the same item. I know it's been relisted at least once -- because I had been watching it.
However, when I opened up the bubble mailer there are dead roaches clinging to the inside of the box. I'm disgusted. I went back  to the item photos and there aren't any bugs...Im thinking they started crawling in transit and died in the heat -- What do I do?
I haven't left feedback yet - and neither as the seller. This was my birthday present to me. So let down.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Seller sent dirty merchandise - how to handle? (non-poy)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 12:55:56 PM »
Yiiiiikes, that's a surprise no one wants to find!

Is it a MIB item, and the box you're talking about is the box of the doll?

I would contact the seller about it and see what they say.  But if the bugs did crawl in the box in transit, then it wouldn't be fair to leave negative feedback for the seller or ask for a refund, because that is something the seller couldn't know about or prevent.

If it was something they knew about, then that's different.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:57:28 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leigh_Lu

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:01:43 PM »
Yes, it's inside her box, upon further investigation, my boyfriend found an insect posing in the auction's photos DX

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 02:09:39 PM »
I've had bugs in moc ponies before--its disgusting. I would request a refund. Something like this needs to be mentioned.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 02:26:19 PM »
Lol, I guess they were there before then! I was about to say I used to work in a store where we got lots of shipments roaches like cardboard and lots of stores are sprayed for roaches for this reason. They also tend to have roaches. I'm sure there are bugs everywhere when it comes to all these packages going through the PO So I bet lots of people do get bugs in packages while in transit. Since yours were already there though. Ewww
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 02:46:32 AM »
That's disgusting! :shocked: Seriously, they put up listings with roaches in their pictures?! Why in the world would anyone think that's a good idea? Obviously the seller is a dirty person if they're sending dirty merchandise and have a house full of roaches. I would have complained immediately. Afterward, open a case against them, if necessary, and definitely leave feedback after the nasty mess you received.

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 04:10:48 AM »
Oh god, that's horrible. I would want I refund too.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 09:00:26 AM »
That's disgusting! :shocked: Seriously, they put up listings with roaches in their pictures?! Why in the world would anyone think that's a good idea? Obviously the seller is a dirty person if they're sending dirty merchandise and have a house full of roaches. I would have complained immediately. Afterward, open a case against them, if necessary, and definitely leave feedback after the nasty mess you received.
Not to mention roaches sort of spread on contact so that's just passing them to a new home basically.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 04:13:10 AM »
Ewww!! :crazy:  :yikes:   honestly I was going to say maybe they got in  during transit...but there was actually one in the auction pics? nasty! surely the seller would have seen that.   Make sure all those roaches are dead BTW or the box is all really well sealed (or in a container or something) cos you don't want to risk any live ones going into your house.
Definitely contact the seller. Personally I would ask for a return for a full refund. I think its almost bad enough to open a case right off but its not fair to do that without contacting the seller first. See what they have to say.
If they'll have the item back (and preferably pay return shipping ..although they may or may not have to do that if it comes to a case depending on how seriously ebay take the issue) then return it. I wouldn't risk roach infestation. And of course leave appropriate feedback but you need to see how the seller responds first.
What does the sellers other feedback look like BTW? :what:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 10:07:11 PM »
Well, you have more self control then I do. I would have ripped open the box and stomped those roaches to make sure they were dead and then possibly taken and burned the box because EWWW ****ING COCKROACHES ARGH ICK GAAAH

It's possible that the seller was inattentive enough not to notice, but still.. Urgh.
should be perma-moderated

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 12:18:05 PM »
Roaches in the action pictures? OMG!!  I can't help but wonder what kind of living conditions these people dwell in. Gross. Reminds me of the show Hoarders.....maybe they have a house like that?

I'd definitely say something. That's seriously disgusting. They had to be aware of the roaches if one made an appearance on the auction picture.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 01:58:41 PM »
Leigh_Lu, please let us know what happened. I'm sure we're all curious to know what the seller said and did.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 04:18:28 AM »
I have to admit I'm really curious to find out what happened too! I hope it got resolved ok for you? :what:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal