collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do I buy something?  (Read 700 times)

Sunny Smiles

• Trade Count: (0)
How do I buy something?
« on: August 23, 2015, 09:05:42 AM »
If I want to buy something, how does it work? What is the process?

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: How do I buy something?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »
It is fairly simple - Contact the person selling the item through a Private Message (PM). You can do this by clicking the little chat bubble icon below their name on the forum post. Let them know your are interested in the item. Give them your zip code/postal code/country so they can calculate the cost of shipping. Then the seller will let you know your total price (cost of item plus cost of shipping). You then send the payment to the seller via Paypal (sometimes by money order, but most people use paypal). The seller will then ship the item to you.

A few things to be aware of:
ALWAYS ask about insurance.
Tracking is a good idea, too, so you will know where the parcel is.
If the item does not arrive, be aware you can open a paypal claim, but don't do it too soon (usually allow 30 days, but claims do have a time limit of 45 days).
Most sellers are friendly and are easy to stay in touch with. Contact your seller if you have any problems. If the item arrives broken, not as described, is taking a long time, etc.
If you need help, there is a Traders and Classifieds Support forum, where you can post to ask for help.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: How do I buy something?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 04:50:21 AM »
Thunderwing gave you some good advice there   (thank you TW :) )  - yes it is pretty easy to buy something especially if you have Paypal.  Once you and the seller have worked out cost + shipping , the seller will give you their Paypal address and then you can go into your paypal account, choose to send money and then add their address and the amount- you can also add in the notes what the money is for and your Arena ID ). Send the payment for items/goods - not as a gift- though  as you will have no paypal protection if you send money as a gift and your item never arrives. Usually there are no issues but if something did happen at least you would be protected :awake:
The window for opening a Paypal claim  has changed now. I would check with Paypal in your country to see exactly what it is there.
If you are buying something from an experienced seller things should go smoothly- they will be able to easily answer any questions you have and advise you , and you can always post here for help or contact TS mods such as Ponylady or myself too :relaxed:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal