collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dream Valley + Paradise Estate = my excitement about my *very first* swap box  (Read 822 times)

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
I'm pretty new here on the arena, and one of my favorite things about the collector community is the concept of swaps, something most G4 fans don't do. It's like the best of ponies, plus pen pals, plus care packages all put together. Naturally I was eager to participate in my first one, a private swap with SolsticeAdam, and WOAH! I'm absolutely in love with the new additions to my herd.

Here's the box as I started to eagerly open it late last night. Bright colors! Pony stickers!:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I took each package out and opened them one at a time, saving the extras and Adam's letter for last. Just look at these ponies! From left to right- Peachy, Peach Blossom, G3 Rarity, Parasol, short tail Rarity, and crystal pony Rarity!

Adam wrote that he chose Peach Blossom because of her color (which I adore! Have been drawn toward ALL the blue ponies lately) but she's perfect for me because I've been yearning to add some more winged ponies to my collection. I've got lots of unicorns, some earth ponies, but am pretty light on the pegasi. ::shivery winged heart flutters:: Plus, she's peach-themed...which I'll explain in bit!

Let's take a closer look at these pink ladies.

G3 Rarity has a gorgeous super long mane with excellent tinsel, properly accessorized with her brush, pink and blue hair clip, and OMG her star wand! She's ready to join with the other princesses to create a rainbow! Peachy is my very first collector pose pony. Fun fact- when my fiance was in high school, he won a beauty pageant and was crowned the "Peach King" of 2001 at his hometown's annual peach harvest festival. Awesome/hilarious! So peaches are a special thing for us, that's why she was on the top of my want list! She's literally covered in love, and will sit right next to Peach Blossom on my pony shelf<3 And then there's Parasol, with excellent glittery symbols, her rainbow mane, and precious head turn! I imagine her as a very optimistic pony who sees the bright side of everything, and I'm always happy to have a little extra positivity around me.

Smaller ponies next! Rarity is the favorite pony for SolsticeAdam and I, and he included two figures from two of my favorite Rarity episodes.

"I cannot let such a crime against fabulosity go uncorrected." ...and..."Crystal Ponies? Hahaha, there are Crystal Ponies?! Umm, hmm. Please continue."

Seriously, this was my face when I opened Crystal Pony Rarity:

Here's all three Rarities together. I think this officially makes her my army pony, right?

...and the extras! I keep an old-fashioned written-in-a-book journal, and I've been cleaning up my nutrition so instead of sweets Adam thoughtfully sent pens! Colorful pens! A stylus (Perfect for Pinterest marathons on my Ipad), comics for me to curl up with before bed and a TON of stickers and card from Enterplay! We did a "favorite things" swap, so you'll notice Princess Cadence, King Sombra, The Wonderbolts, Coco Pommel, Twilight's magic hot air balloon, and even Daring Do! All of these gems came out of the process of getting to know each other's favorite ponies.

Oh my goodness, SO MUCH FUN STUFF! I absolutely loved this box! Thank you SolsticeAdam, for being such an awesome partner and sending all this pony joy <3
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:48:30 AM by Raspberry Brulee »
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I think you did very well!!! Congrats :)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
I think your partner did a great job!  Very thoughtful gifts and ponies.  Congratulations!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
What a great swap.  It looks like you are well onto your way for a Rarity army there.  I smiled when I read about your fiancĂ© being Peach King.  Too cute/funny :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Wow! :)

I am so pleased you guys had such a great first swap experience with one another. So many amazing ponies as well :) Congrats!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Congrats!

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Lovely swap box :) And i loved the story about your boyfriend!

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Ooh, I love that Rarity with her wand. I'm still :lol: about your fiancé, the Peach King. Your peach themed ponies are just perfect. Congrats on a great swap!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal