collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony section at Walmart empty?  (Read 1232 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pony section at Walmart empty?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 04:51:53 PM »
All of my walmarts are VERY empty!!! We have the $5 pop ponies, princess twin packs, and sleepover+pet EQG dolls and thats pretty much it!!!! Its sooo frustrating and disheartning since I stock toys at my local store and I always get my hopes up for ponies....every day.  :cry:

Target has a lot of blindbags and their over priced $6.40ish standard brushables. Also tons of equesteia girls that I swear are the same exact dolls I see everytime I shop. They have the wild rainbow fillies too, still almost $6 each....

My TRU is actually pretty full, they look like they have so much surplus of the ponymania and EQG that they NEED to have a sale soon or the shelves will collapse! xD
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 04:54:05 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 05:07:01 PM »
It's just normal for this time of year.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 05:58:52 AM »
I wish I had a toys r us closer but I kind of live in the middle of no where and the closest thing I have for pony section is Walmart. I don't even like shopping there lol.

Same here. Both of the TRU's in my area are an hour's drive away. It sucks. Especially cuz they are also the only place in the US that sells Zelfs and I tend to miss out on a lot of them due to living so far away.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 07:03:16 AM »
Wal-Mart here has a pretty full Pony and Equestria Girls doll section. I think the problem is that they rarely ever have sales and people don't like buying the expensive dolls full-price. I often see the same dolls around week after week. The new Basic line with Lyra and Sweetie Drops and Roseluck has been selling really well, though; they've restocked at least twice with them. It's the more expensive dolls they have trouble unloading. And some kid left their lollipop stick on one of the expensive boxes last week. Ewwwww! Thankfully, it was gone this week, but now I don't remember whether it was on a Rarity box or the sole Sunset Shimmer with correct hair box, which makes me leery of getting that Sunset now that I actually could. Sigh.

Offline Heart891011

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 01:39:03 PM »
Mine still sells ponies, but I already have everything they have except a few EQG dolls I'm uninterested in (I just want 1 of each character). They have the bagged ponies, blind bags wave 12, princess sterling and gold Lily, pop ponies (ones you build NOT Funko), snow globe ponies, twilight's carriage, rainbowfied applejack, pinkie, and twilight plushies, charm wings ponies, all of the cutie mark magic brushables EXCEPT Bon Bon, flower wishes, pinkie pie and Fluttershy, and way to many EQG of the mane 6 to count.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:42:26 PM by Heart891011 »

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »
I've been on a wild hunt spaning different states even for the last Funrise wave (website claims they are exclusive in 10" to walmart and 12" to Target, or vice versa) and both stores have not gotten them. Piles of Rainbow Power Pinkie/Dash/Twilight at Targets and Walmarts are always DJ/Cherilee/Octavia and sometimes the mane PP/RD/Twilight's again from normal waves >_< Both stores only seem to have the old or CMM single brushables and the same EQ dolls every time, never found Lyra or Sweetie yet. :(
If someone finds any of these please feel free to PM me xD I don't mind paying more as long as it's not too much higher then retail. (not the $40 Muffin pony Funrise ebay going-on's o.o )
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 06:04:04 PM »
our walmart restocked. no normal brushables again, more EqG dolls, they put out another Sapphire Shores

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 03:40:46 PM »
Yup as others have mentioned, its not unusual. Its just standard stock rotation - lines come and go in stores and its just because we are more aware of MLP that we usually notice it. Summer is typically when a lot of lines go on clearance as new lines arrive in Autumn/Fall. So you are just seeing stores clearing out...give it a month or two and things will be back as normal.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 05:13:56 PM »
I've been on a wild hunt spaning different states even for the last Funrise wave (website claims they are exclusive in 10" to walmart and 12" to Target, or vice versa) and both stores have not gotten them. Piles of Rainbow Power Pinkie/Dash/Twilight at Targets and Walmarts are always DJ/Cherilee/Octavia and sometimes the mane PP/RD/Twilight's again from normal waves >_< Both stores only seem to have the old or CMM single brushables and the same EQ dolls every time, never found Lyra or Sweetie yet. :(
If someone finds any of these please feel free to PM me xD I don't mind paying more as long as it's not too much higher then retail. (not the $40 Muffin pony Funrise ebay going-on's o.o )

The 12-inch line is not exclusive; Toys R Us has it too.

My Wal-Mart has the new dolls and restocks when they're sold out. I'm impressed; that doesn't usually happen here! Not with the dolls, anyway.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 07:56:47 AM »
Yeah, Walmart around me lacks in pony stuff even when it's small section is fully stocked.  Target is too but at least the pony section there is a little bigger and has more stuff.  TRU has the best stock but they're always more expensive so I try to avoid going there.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 09:18:59 AM »
Was going to make a thread about this but just going to mention it here. Isn't hasbro missing out on a golden opportunity!! The 2.88 ponies in bags can you imagine if they kept coming out with new characters in the babies princess and boys molds too!

For Sale Wants

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »
The nearest Walmart just got another box of the CMC blind bags in. Ugh I'm ready for the new ones.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 02:41:11 PM »
Was going to make a thread about this but just going to mention it here. Isn't hasbro missing out on a golden opportunity!! The 2.88 ponies in bags can you imagine if they kept coming out with new characters in the babies princess and boys molds too!
what I'm hoping for but Hasbro's kinda known for not going by what people obviously want LOL

Offline Heart891011

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2015, 09:17:51 AM »
The nearest Walmart just got another box of the CMC blind bags in. Ugh I'm ready for the new ones.
same. I dislike that wave because they are all repeats from wave 1 and I already completed that in 2012. My Walmart now has 4 full boxes of those because no one wants them.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 05:02:41 PM »
The pony section at our nearest Walmart looks awful. To begin with, it's just a single four-foot section. It's always poorly stocked and for the most part, it takes forever to get anything new, if at all.

But then randomly, they'll have something new before I see it even at TRU. It's like they're putting forth the minimum effort to keep me checking back! >.>
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal