collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 58
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Stroller Question/Kid Advice Please!  (Read 302 times)

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
Stroller Question/Kid Advice Please!
« on: June 18, 2015, 07:10:58 PM »
Hopefully someone can help me with this!  Are strollers allowed in the Fair?  I will have my 16 month old with (along w/my 5 year old) and life will be ALOT easier if I can push her in a stroller versus wrangling her amongst the crowd.  Any advice or tips for bringing little ones is greatly appreciated, from those of you who have done the fair w/kids before (or past experiences you've learned from)!!  Thanks! :)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Stroller Question/Kid Advice Please!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 09:12:04 PM »
The floor plan in the vendor space should be wide enough to accommodate strollers (and wheelchairs, ect.). I would recommend a smaller style stroller (like an umbrella stroller) if at all possible because some areas can get busy and it will be easier to navigate the crowd with a smaller stroller.

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • My LiveJournal Blog
Re: Stroller Question/Kid Advice Please!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 12:18:54 AM »
While the crowds and the rush during the first two or three hours of the Fair on Saturday morning might be really, really unpleasant to manuever a stroller and a 5 year-old through, the rest of the event has plenty of space for strollers and young children.  (Especially Sunday--always a very quiet, laid back day!)  The coloring corral, games, and craft events that are running in other rooms during the day are a great way to unwind, entertain your 5 year-old, and let the toddler out of the stroller to explore a smaller, quieter space.  Last year, they even had a room where they had lots of chairs and FiM cartoons playing which was another good down-time spot for Moms of little ones.

So my advice, unless you're really motivated to grab something at opening, is to give it a couple hours for the crush to lighten up on Saturday.  After that, it would be pretty easy to get around with a single-wide stroller.

Just my opinion as a Fair goer and Mom of little ones.  :)

Have fun!
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^