collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Hikari Rainbow Dash  (Read 12180 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Hikari Rainbow Dash
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2016, 07:37:25 PM »
Thank you! My pony room is just a small-ish bedroom, but there are a few spots I didn't take pictures of, mainly because they're not as organized, haha.

My collection was taking over the living room at my old apartment. When my husband and I bought this house, I claimed one of the guest bedrooms immediately! :lol:

That RD should still be cheap by April. Especially since it isn't as limited as some of the others, at 1000 pieces. :)
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 29, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »
Nice collection!   For sure that gold dust Dash looks really great!

I do agree that although I love the Hikari MLP, they don't really "feel" like $50 vinyls.  If anything, the MLP vinyl Luna and Princess Celestia seem to be a more complicated sculpt, more vinyl, and probably just as expensive to create. 

But then, that may actually be true and the reason why after the initial wave- Celestia and Luna were not really restocked anywhere and seem to have disappeared completely even though they sold well (we have seen plenty of re-prints of all the others).

I am afraid the economics/price of production on Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis might be even higher-  and it could be that price of production + Hot Topic deciding not to carry ponies any more- might be why we are not going to see any more large vinyls or mystery minis from Funko. 

Well, I hope that Funko ends up producing the rainbow glitter Dash- that is the last one that I want! (I don't need that solid gold one)

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 29, 2016, 10:29:50 AM »
Oh yeah, the rainbow glitter one looks amzingm I'd be okay with an odd number of hikari figures if it means getting that one.

I also have to agree that some of the price points aren't worth it. I'm okay with the $49 ones, but I think these are worth $45 at best. Maybe $30 for the less limited ones.

They also break incredibly easy. I was setting mine up for some pictures outside and two of the ones that fell over ended up with broken tails. I was able to fix that, plus they stay in their boxes otherwise so you can't tell, but it's still disheartening how flimsy they can be.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 29, 2016, 10:36:22 AM »
I know that once a Hikari figure has "run it's course" there are often cheap ones on ebay for $25-$35-  I suspect that will happen eventually with the larger edition MLP Hikari.  I wish I had waited on a lot of mine as I am sure they will be cheaper at some point- I but even with their issues, I did really like them so I didn't want to miss out...

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 29, 2016, 10:49:17 AM »
That's how I felt. I was really excited for these, so I preordered almost all of them as soon as any links went up. I don't regret it, but I know a lot of people who are scared off by the prices.
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal