collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Hikari Rainbow Dash  (Read 12181 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
A quick question - why is this worth so much?  What's the value?

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile

they're limited edition exclusives and they're 10 inches tall :D

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile

Pretty much what Jordan said, also you'll rarely find a messy paint job on them.  The quality is excellent.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
They are quite cute and probably much more worth the purchase than what WLF has been issuing. I hope everyone looking for one managed to grab them :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Also the vinyl material these are made out of is a much higher quality than most other vinyl collectibles. That will contribute to the $80.

I expect at least variant will be a HT exclusive (maybe 2) and then maybe 1 will be a Gemini exclusive.

If anyone needs the regular one she is up for preorder on Gemini.

Lara

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
I can't wait to find out where the other versions are being sold.

The clear ones were my favorite. I'd pay a pretty penny for one. ;P

Thanks for the heads up on these so far.
~Foxtale~

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
Don't have the money for it. but it's cute!

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
The plain one is at Gemini for much less than Entertainment Earth-

I actually would have bought that ENtertainment Earth one- but I didn't even realize these were already available for preorder until today!  I liked the metallic but I LOVE the gradient rainbow ones-  I really really really hope I don't miss out one of those.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
I just saw the plain one listed on PopCultcha, if any Australians are interested. I'm certainly not considering they're asking $150AUD for her. (approx $116USD)

I didn't realise they were 10 inches tall, sure sounds impressive but I wouldn't pay any more than $80AUD for something like this. Especially because Funko still doesn't know what orange is. Orange is my favourite colour, I surround myself with as many shades of it as possible, what they're trying to pass off as orange just ain't going to cut it. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Yikes!  :shocked: She's just $59 USD on Gemini Collectible's website, which I found a little odd since she was more on Entertainment Earth's site.  I'm suddenly so thankful I live in the US when it comes to this type of thing.

I guess I still don't understand the whole lack of orange complaint.  Do you want the orange in her hair to be lighter or...? Because her vinyl figure for sure has orange in the hair and it's noticeable enough.  I'll admit that I don't see orange on the Hikari figure, but they also don't have pictures that show any angle other than one that doesn't really show off the entire thing.
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Thanks for letting us know she is on Gemini collectables website!!!! :-3 Im keeping my eye out for that awesome rainbow purple ombre one!!!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Yikes!  :shocked: She's just $59 USD on Gemini Collectible's website, which I found a little odd since she was more on Entertainment Earth's site.  I'm suddenly so thankful I live in the US when it comes to this type of thing.

I guess I still don't understand the whole lack of orange complaint.  Do you want the orange in her hair to be lighter or...? Because her vinyl figure for sure has orange in the hair and it's noticeable enough.  I'll admit that I don't see orange on the Hikari figure, but they also don't have pictures that show any angle other than one that doesn't really show off the entire thing.

When it comes to the Hikari the mane is a bit hard to tell, but from pictures we can gather that there appear to be only 5 colours in her tail since they swirl around.

With the basic Funko I don't deny she has orange in her mane, but it's so close to the red in shade it's hardly noticeable. If they were going to the effort of doing all 6 colours why not do it properly? In the show she has much more definition between her orange and red stripe, there's plenty of source material but Funko keeps making the same mistake... And when it comes to Hikari and their price tag I just figured they'd finally be able to produce high quality show accuracy, or at least a more obvious orange.

But this debate has been done enough. I'm not dissing Funko, I'm just disappointed lol.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
But this debate has been done enough. I'm not dissing Funko, I'm just disappointed lol.

Agreed. :lol:

I still prefer the rainbow gradient Hikari figures.  The color of her mane doesn't matter then. :P
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLD OUT] Funko Limited Edition Hikari Sofubi Rainbow Dash for preorder
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 04:15:05 PM »
If anyone missed out on the Metallic Rainbow Dash- I was checking the Entertainment Earth website- and they are suddenly back in stock!  (Could be that some people cancelled their pre-orders)

Still pretty expensive at $79 shipped- but the edition size is so small for the metallic one, it seems unlikely she will turn up for sale at some point. 

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLD OUT] Funko Limited Edition Hikari Sofubi Rainbow Dash for preorder
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
If anyone missed out on the Metallic Rainbow Dash- I was checking the Entertainment Earth website- and they are suddenly back in stock!  (Could be that some people cancelled their pre-orders)

Still pretty expensive at $79 shipped- but the edition size is so small for the metallic one, it seems unlikely she will turn up for sale at some point.
oh wow I wasn't expecting that!  :shocked:
didn't it say they were come out in october? is it now september? xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal