collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies whose flaws give them personality  (Read 1342 times)

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies whose flaws give them personality
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 01:01:04 PM »
Wow, that discolored Ivy is wicked! :lol: I'd love to have a pony like her in my herd.

I have several ponies with flaws, but only one that has a story. My childhood Stardasher--somehow--lost 90% of her tail. Might've been in a family move several years ago. When I was younger I came up with her epic tale: she fought in the great Ponyland war against the Destroyers (evil Barbies) and returned home with a permanent scar.
Super veteran pony! :accomplished:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I've considered buying a replacement tail from someone on here, but after this thread I'm not so sure. ^.^

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »
All these not-so-minty ponies are such badasses! :) I love it, just like the real world it's our quirks, imperfections and scars that make us interesting and unique.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 02:39:27 PM »
I have a Blueberry Baskets that has the name "Tabby" wrote between her wings. It always makes me smile. Tabby, you're pony is safe and well-loved :) It's either that or BB got herself a tattoo of a nickname someone gave her-maybe she's a bit cat-mad?

Carrie

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 07:31:24 AM »
I have a Tipsy Tulip with a pen mark on her leg which I just could not get off, so I covered it up by tying a tiny piece of rainbow ribbon around her leg. It's just wide enough to cover the mark completely. Now she definitely looks like a lesbian pony. I think she suits it!

I also have a Toola Roola with a very short haircut, apart from a looong forelock. I've made it into a very thin braid to keep it neat for now. I'm kind of torn between cutting it off and leaving it, because I'd like it to be all neat and short, but I also like the thought of her being the type of artist to have a weird hairstyle to make a statement of some sort. Hmm...

(Is it just me or does TT look a little angry there? lol)

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 09:07:26 AM »
I have a Tipsy Tulip with a pen mark on her leg which I just could not get off, so I covered it up by tying a tiny piece of rainbow ribbon around her leg. It's just wide enough to cover the mark completely. Now she definitely looks like a lesbian pony. I think she suits it!

I also have a Toola Roola with a very short haircut, apart from a looong forelock. I've made it into a very thin braid to keep it neat for now. I'm kind of torn between cutting it off and leaving it, because I'd like it to be all neat and short, but I also like the thought of her being the type of artist to have a weird hairstyle to make a statement of some sort. Hmm...

(Is it just me or does TT look a little angry there? lol)

She does look angry! XD

Here are some of mine!

Need to take new pictures of them soon =D these are so old =P

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 06:17:11 PM »
Ivy looks gorgeous green, it really suits her! Omg souless Majesty, so eerie lol. Is she OOAK, I've never seen a pony with a factory flaw like that.

RainbowRay, I vote keep Toola Roola as is, she looks hardcore adorable!  :biggrin:

I like to cover up cut forelocks with sweatbands and gaping necks with necklaces and such.
I've got a sweet little Beachball who had a run in with something sharp, she's got scars all over the poor girl, but I think her hairstyle is so pretty.  ^.^

This Rainbow Dash I did myself. :blush: I tried to make her hair show accurate but got fed up with it. I mixed a little PVA glue in with water and styled her hair wet, I think she has more spunk with this cut.  :P

It's nice to see so many flawed ponies well loved.  ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline thecakeissisley

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 12:49:05 AM »
So many lovely ponies! Love all the pics :)

I don't have pictures at the moment but I have a baby Goody Gumdrop with her hair and tail cut short. Not short enough to be a mohawk, but short enough to make her look like an actual baby pony who hasn't grown out their hair yet  :biggrin:

I also think that black marker/sharpie dots on ponies look like beauty marks, it makes the pony 3x cuter :)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 06:18:06 AM »
Ivy looks gorgeous green, it really suits her! Omg souless Majesty, so eerie lol. Is she OOAK, I've never seen a pony with a factory flaw like that.
That Beachball is quite lovely with shorter locks.

I'm not sure about Majesty I think I need to maybe start a separate discussion to find out.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 10:51:52 AM »
I am notoriously bad for selling on ponies with issues but I do admit that those with issues really have something special...you can just imagine the adventures that they have been on :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »
OH I love this !!!! In fact, I prefer ponies with some sort of unique feature to them over brand new, pristine ones any day.

Recently, I was browsing ebay, just because I like to look around for ponies, even if I don't buy any. And then I saw the coolest pony I've ever seen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361260805507?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just knew I had to get her. I would kick myself to oblivion if I let her past me !!

I just think that earring makes her so unique and gives her such a personality... I am planing on doing an illustration of her as a human 'mori girl' (google it and you'll see what I mean).

I have other ponies with flaws, though, and I love every single one of them !! :D Makes me so glad there are other people out there that love flaws as much as I do !!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 04:36:43 PM »
I have a gen 3 pinkie pie who survived a snow plow at work, she has lots of scuff marks and very faded pink hair. I was walking around the snow piles and spotted a pony head, I thought that was all that was left of her, till I dug her out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal