collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Was the First Pony in Your Collection?  (Read 3557 times)

Offline Dorothy Rose

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Was the First Pony in Your Collection?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 11:45:34 PM »
Mine was technically a G4. I was introducted to Moondancer and Seashell when I was a kid, but they were my aunts! I broke down into buying ponies when the blindbags came out as I had to have the glitter Rainbow Dash. Then G4 lyra brushable was released and I just loved her colors so I bought! Next was Sunny Rays, Cherry Berry, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, more blindbags, then from there it got out of control! Now im wanting G1 ponies!

Welcome to the herd.  I believe this is the summary of all our lives.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dorothy Rose
Want List

Offline misskindle

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • ~Everything must be PINK~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 12:23:40 AM »
G3 Kimono picked out from Target because she came with a free video. I was a sucker for promotional items  :P
Sadly, I have a temper and chewed her foot when her hair wouldn't brush, but picked up an upgrade at Value Village . I still have her though, and she's the wise grandmother to all my G3s.
I quit collecting a few times after that, and my re-entry ponies each time were G3 Tangerine Twinkle, G3 core 7 Sweetie Belle, and G4 Applejack. They're all special to me for their own reasons  :lovey:

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 01:05:27 AM »
Mine was Baby Ribbon! She was followed by Little Flitter and Baby Tippytoes. All three are displayed prominently together as founding members of the collection.

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 02:18:51 AM »
As a child my first pony was Cherries Jubilee. She was brand new from the shop, I remember picking her out with my mum (She approved of my choice). After that the majority of my childhood ponies were secondhand, from the local market or handmedowns from my cousin.
Then in March 2007 I was reminiscing about My Little Pony with some of my friends while we were on holiday- we were sitting in a Wetherspoon's!- I suddenly decided to see if people sold them on ebay. So I did a search and loads came up!!! Top of the list was Masquerade, so I bid on her and won!! The first of many for my re-collection. My mum had kept all our childhood ones, so I was able to put them together. I was so excited about it, and still get that same feeling when I look at my ponies. They make me so happy!!!

Jules x

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 03:02:29 AM »
I got a small lot concisting of Peachy, Sundance, Skydancer, Pony Bride, and Baby Tiddly Winks.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 03:27:29 AM »
Years before I started collecting I found a Lanard at a White Elephant Stall, she came home with me even though I professed a great hatred for all things girly. I had owned pony toys in the past (never MLP though) but she's special in my mind. I customised her and she's still in my fakie herd today.

The first ponies to actually start my collection were the G4 Blind Bag Collector Set, I received them as a gift from my girlfriend.

I can't recall who I bought first myself? I think I bought myself some more blind bags, dipping my toes into G4, then I bought some brushables? Then I found this forum and branched out into G1 and G3... G2 has some representation in my herd as well.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 03:50:09 AM »
My first childhood ponies were Firefly and Sand Dollar.
I started officially collecting just as G3s were coming out, and by chance I found a Powder at a second hand shop. Shortly after that came the first few G3s.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 03:58:23 AM »
Technically my first MLP toys were the first (I believe) line of G4 McDonald's ponies. However, back then it was much less about wanting MLP toys, and more wanting something to represent the characters I love from the FiM show. Still counts, I guess?

The first I got because I loved her as a toy was G3 Jazz Matazz. Since I got her in her original packaging, she also came with G3 Baby Wave Catcher.

|My Collection|

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 04:06:40 AM »
I actually had a first 3. I can't for the life of me remember my very first G4 item(could've been anything, really.) but my first brushables were the CMC that came in the flower fillies set. Still have them and they're still cute as buttons.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 04:29:09 AM »
This is actually kind of a hard question for me because the line between where buying ponies purely as toys turned into collecting ponies is pretty blurred.  I have just kind of continuously bought them since the beginning of G3 lol.  My first G3 pony when I was a kid was Tink-a-Tinka-a-Too, though.  My first G3.5 was the first wave Toola Roola.  Then my first G4 was the first wave Applejack.  My first G1 was Milky Way, and my first G2 was Bright Berry.

Milky Way probably marks the beginning of when I really started collecting because that's when I joined the Arena and really started to learn a lot about ponies.  So I suppose Milky Way was the first in my collection even though she was nowhere near my first pony! 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 04:56:46 AM »
My first ones were G4 Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. I bought them in Tesco at the same time in 2011.

Tuneful, left over from my older sister's childhood that I braided the hair of as a kid. Found her in my toys in my old room as a teenager, still braided like I had her. She still has those braids and is top center of my collection.

And because she's special to me I have her MOC on both US and UK cards.

No good photo of my loose one, I need to though.

And then on Ebay in 2000 as a 12 year old I bought Sparkler, who we mailed a personal check for. lol
Thankfully my dad was just like buy whatever you want, I bought a lot of ponies online and we sent checks and money orders, funny to think back on :). I have no idea who came after that.

Out of interest, which one is the UK version and which is the US? I like the green card better, it suits her  :lol:

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 06:11:28 AM »
Tickle  :lovey: :lovey: my only one Precious !!!  and then as an adult Tickle too  :P
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 06:19:37 AM »
I still have my childhood ponies and the first one I ever got was baby Northstar, which I renamed Silver as Firefly was called Silver in the Swedish dub of the episode of the Midnigth Castle. I obviously didn't have Silver but baby Northstars colouring was close enough.

When I started to collect.. if I remember correctly I won two auctions from the same seller. I think Moondancer was the first one to end. The second one was Glory with baby which ended a few minutes later.The seller was nice to send along baby Moondancer as well which made my first pony and auction experience very positive. This was back in 2005.. I can't believe it's been ten years :shocked:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 06:24:16 AM »
G4 Rainbow Dash, the Riding Along version from 2011.

When I started collecting G1 last year, the first pony I got was Night Glider.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 06:46:23 AM »
@Shimmlight - the UK card is the purple one with borders. All the ponies in the early 1990s over here in the UK had coloured bordered cards in that same kind of style, whilst the American cards did not :)

I see this question in three stages. My first childhood pony was Rainbow pony WINDY, who I got, probably at Christmas 1984. She is the middle pony in this picture:

She has never stood up properly. My earliest memory of her is giving her a shower in a maroon easter egg box when I was about three. She was my first pony, but it was only when I got my second pony, Baby Blossom, that I had two and so could really play with them. From there it took off.

My first re-collection ponies...hrm. This one is more complicated. I wrote to Hasbro UK in 1995, and they sent me 2 teeny weeny ponies as freebies, but they were both ponies I had already. We bought a Hairdo pony (Beautiful Bows) from them direct, and also I think Baby Lollipop might have come from them? However, I really count the serious re-collecting as being the CAR BOOT SALE! I actually have it written down in an old diary, so I know that we first went carbooting in July, 1995 (I was 13). The first carboot ponies we found were Lickety Split and Parasol. I don't have pictures of the Lickety Split though I do still have her (I have a small Lickety army, actually), but Parasol is the paler of these two, on the left:

The third phase of recollecting is online trade. My first online trade pony was received on November 17th, 1997 (yes, I really do have a diary for that, too!) She came from Pinkember (Helen Kiker) in America, and she was the Twinkle Eyed pony, Mimic! My sister had Best Wishes from the same trade, just in time for her birthday. Here is my Mimic:

The first pony I bought myself online after we had the internet at home (rather than the library) was in summer 1998, it was the adult Sea Pony,Sea Breeze and she cost me a total of $9 ($5 for the pony, and $4 postage) which I sent in cash (!?). She came from ebay and I persuaded Dad to join ebay entirely to buy her because I had NEVER seen a y3 Sea Pony in real life before and I was so excited that they really existed and weren't just pictures in my fact file. Ironically her shell is still the only one we are missing, but here she is anyway:

In terms of other generations, I know my first G2 ponies were Berry Bright and Sky Skimmer, also around 1997 from stores. My first G3 pony was Rainbow Dash, who I graduated with in July 2003 and who was bought for me by a friend for that purpose. My first G4 ponies were Rarity, Applejack and the purple pegasus with yellow hair and flowers, and I bought them on holiday in Finland, when visiting Porvoo in July 2011.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal