collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Private Swap with Ledbyrd!  (Read 862 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Private Swap with Ledbyrd!
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:20:12 PM »
Ledbyrd and I decided to do a private swap last month and today I got my box from her in the mail. Look at the pretty packaging!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The owls on the outside of the box were a nice touch. And the fact that the actual ponies were wrapped in MLP wrap while the extras and treats were in a different pattern was clever. :D

Treats & Extras...

I got some awesome sweets. I've never tried the Laffy Taffy before, but I love fruit candy and it definitely looks fun. I'm addicted to Jelly Belly jellybeans, so those won't last long. And the chocolate bars are double-special: (1) they're chocolate peanut butter (2) they're Purdy's, a chocolate company from out west. My grandparents and I use to buy Purdy's chocolate when we went to the Museum of Paleontology in Alberta. That was twenty years ago. I'm looking forward to eating those.

The Hello Kitty pen will be going into my purse immediately. My purse is bright leafy green and the cute pink pen with it's adorable little charm will make a nice contrast. The mini photo album will be used next month when my bf visits from Pennsylvania. I can never have enough stickers and this set is definitely new to me. And yay, a new coloring book. I've already taken a peek and there are definitely some images here that I can't wait to work on.I particularly love one I saw with Applejack and Applebloom together.

OMG, I didn't even know these existed!! :heart: I love anything Sailor Moon and this little cutie is now sitting with Ludwig, the Rarity and Fluttershy my mom found me, and a Mario Kart McDonald's toy my brother gave me right in front of my TV. That's where I tend to place my favorite things so I can see them while I'm writing, gaming, etc.

Right in time for my bf's visit next month I've received a pony to customize. I'll need to make sure that I get the stuff we need to actually do that. And I already have a design idea in mind. We'll have to see how that goes.

... And now for the ponies!

I just got an MIB version of Bee Bop this weekend, but I've decided to keep all the g3s I got that way in their boxes. Of those, Bee Bop was one of three I was really tempted to open. So glad I didn't! :lol: Now I have one MIB and one to brush, photograph, etc. :) Even better, she's one of the music themed ponies that I want to collect, so she'll fit into my collection perfectly.

As some of you likely know, I collect ponies with the word "Coco" in their name since that's the name of my dog. Coconut Grove is even more special, though, because not only is she my second "Coco Pony", she's also my first g3 Pegasus! :heart: Plus, her colors are totally lovely. I adore that combination of purple and green together in her hair. (My camera totally didn't do her justice.)

Isn't this lovely?! Glory is one of the few ponies I actually remember having during childhood, so having such a pretty card with her on it is awesome. It must have taken a lot of work to put so much detail into such a tiny space--making a card this size by hand seems like it would be quite challenging. And the glitter. I love anything with glitter, and it seems very appropriate for Glory since her symbol is meant to be sparkly anyway.

:shocked: :frolic: :lovey: :heart:

Starglow! I can still remember the first evening that I went and looked at Dream Valley, researching the various sets of g1 that had released (and pondering why on earth I hadn't collected them. :lol: ) One of the sets I really loved were the Glow n Show ponies, and of that set, Starglow is hands down my favorite. However, I'm relatively new to collecting and I've focused more on easy to obtain ponies from my list. But I was actually thinking of getting Starglow since I've been collecting for three months now. Good thing I waited. :lol:

Again, here is another of the music ponies I want to collect. And apparently I'm not the only one whose first reaction to seeing Starglow was, "Whoa! Who is that?!". My parents, who don't know a great deal about MLP, were curious about her. Especially when I had them take her into a darkened room and they saw how her stars light up.

Here's a group shot of my three new lovelies:

And here's a picture of everything together!

Ledbyrd, I've already thanked you via PM but I want to make sure to thank you here in front of everyone as well. Doing this swap with you was super fun and I'd definitely be delighted to swap with you again in the future. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Private Swap with Ledbyrd!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:56:29 PM »
I love jelly bellies too and the sailor moon and packaging is so cute! What stunning ponies! Jelly of your Starglow and Bee-bop. I think that fakie is precious and I never realized just how pretty Coconut Grove was till I saw yours. Ooh! Great swap
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 02:48:18 AM »
what a great swap!!! starglow and the glory card are adorable! :heart:
this is making me even more excited to get my swap package from ledbyrd!  :lol:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:20:13 PM »
Looks like a good swap box and beautiful ponies!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
Oh my gosh! So many amazing pressies! Congrats :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SpookyCookies

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 04:06:23 PM »
that is a super awesome box. now I wanna do a private swap too!!!  :cheer:

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 08:13:01 AM »
Yay yay yay! I'm so glad that you liked everything Ladybastilla! It was super fun to trade with you. I have to post my brag too so everyone can see what an awesome box you made for me!

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 09:53:34 PM »
What a beautiful box you got.  I love that Glory card.  Ledbyrd obviously put in lots of effort putting everything together :)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 08:22:36 AM »
Looks like you were spoiled!  ^.^ Congrats on a great box!

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Nebula Light

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 08:42:15 AM »
This makes me want to do a private swap! Starglow is FABULOUS!!  :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal