collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WeLoveFine Chibi Not-Blind-Boxed Vinyls  (Read 11799 times)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: WeLoveFine Chibi Blind Box Vinyls
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 08:35:11 AM »
I think they're cute but not $15 cute. :/ Plus no AJ here.

I might start drawing some  ponies in this style though and see how I like it.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 08:52:24 AM »
I'm not a fan of WLF's vinyl figures in general (too stylized for my liking, plus their business practices are a bit.. questionable at times) but Ditzy is pretty cute, and I'm interested in seeing Chrysalis. I can't believe they're blind-boxing them, though >__< Considering these are all unique figures, that just seems silly, not to mention very greedy.

Plus, after reading the description is there another pony not featured? They mention all the ones we can see, plus the two villains if not by name, but next to :muffin:'s name they've put 'Best Pony or :muffin:'

I imagine they meant that as "Best Pony, also called :muffin:", I've seen Ditzy be called simply "Best Pony" before. If that makes sense.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 09:17:07 AM »
Hmm.
I think I might be crazy enough to buy two cases for muffin and chrysalis. *shrug* I don't think the prices are completely outlandish for "vinyl toys"... However, I think the common 2/12 per box stings just a little... In reality its 4/24.

Sigh, I don't mind unloading my unwanted for $8-10 each, I just am not sure I have the spare time to dedicate to selling ... Plus quite honestly, I don't think many people in this community like these types of things .. So it's be hard to sell here, and *sigh* I'm not sure I want to do eBay.

Maybe chrysalis is ugly........ )': and I shouldn't worry about this.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 09:25:39 AM »
Not my style, cool that they have their own poses but just not for me same with the Funko POP figures just don't appeal to me, and not the biggest fan of WLF besides for clothes. Although dumb that WLF gets to make Chrysalis before Funko.... I'll just wait for the Funko vinyl version she will be so much better.

PS. I find it interesting people complain there is no AJ, Dash, or Fluttershy. But then complain all we get is mane 6, if those three were in here it would basically only be mane 6.

These aren't out until Decemeber so it's possible Funko will have a Cheeselegs out before then *begs
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:50:38 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2015, 09:41:50 AM »
I spy with my pretty eyes CHEESELEGS SILHOUETTE!

I just want her, Flutterbat, and Muffin.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2015, 09:57:13 AM »
Thank God they do not appeal to me :)
I hope people refuse to pay those prices, their greed is as blatant as their lack of integrity !
I have not buy from them since their messy re releases on the first 2 figures .
I would not be surprised if later they change the blind boxes into a display box in order to get rid of them and cheaper just to unload them.
Blind boxes are so lame, I think Funko is learning that :) There are tons of them at HT and TRU from the second wave :).
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2015, 10:20:19 AM »
Thank God they do not appeal to me :)
I hope people refuse to pay those prices, their greed is as blatant as their lack of integrity !
I have not buy from them since their messy re releases on the first 2 figures .
I would not be surprised if later they change the blind boxes into a display box in order to get rid of them and cheaper just to unload them.
Blind boxes are so lame, I think Funko is learning that :) There are tons of them at HT and TRU from the second wave :).

See, the thing with Funko blind boxes is that they usually sell well.  If you look at the blind boxes for other shows and stuff, the mystery minis look soooo different from the Pop counterparts!  For some dumb reason, they made the pony mystery minis look exactly like the vinyls, just smaller and black... so it's no wonder that the pony ones aren't doing well in comparison to others (based on the Funko forums I know that other series are popular).

What I like about the WLF blind box figures is that they're posed differently and have a chibi look to them, making them different than other MLP figures.  What I don't like is pretty much everything else about this whole ordeal.  These should NOT be blind boxes, there's no reason to sell them like that other than for more $$$.

I'm actually upset that I like these, because aside from the Future Twilight Sparkle figure and the Nightmare Moon one, I've been able to avoid WLF's products lately.  The fact that they're including a Chrysalis figure in this set is mainly what intrigues me, but I do find all of them cute so far.  I won't be disappointed if my group order idea doesn't work out though, since I refuse to buy two entire boxes for myself.  I can easily skip these figures, but I'd personally still like to have them somehow.  If WLF changes these to non-blind boxes, that would be even better.

Post Merge: May 20, 2015, 10:22:41 AM

PS. I find it interesting people complain there is no AJ, Dash, or Fluttershy. But then complain all we get is mane 6, if those three were in here it would basically only be mane 6.

Since I'm one of the ones who complained about a lack of AJ, Dashie and Fluttershy, I'll explain why: These are unique figures that don't look like anything else we've gotten plus they aren't all in the same pose.  I welcome unique molds of the mane 6 as opposed to the same cut-and-paste toys we get of them from Hasbro.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:23:00 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »
I like these but $15 each is too pricey. I imagine they will be around Nendoroid size so maybe there will be even tinier mini versions someday.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 10:35:30 AM »
I also will state their is quite a few members on here that do not like the background characters such as ditzy and dj so..... (I do just like them trying to clear up this)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »
LoL, I am still mad at them for their re-releases of their first "limited edition" figures.  Cute, but not buying from them again!

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2015, 12:43:42 PM »
Its looking like a wide majority of fans is hating WeLoveFine for the idea of Blind Boxes and having to buy two cases for a full set.  Hopefully with continued bashing of WLF's stupid idea, maybe they'll reconsider and plan this better.  So far I'm seeing a ton of negative comments via Facebook and Equestria Daily. 

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2015, 12:47:35 PM »
I'm dissapointed with this line aswell, as I'll probably never get Muffins as everyone will be trying to get her so resale will skyrocket. No Applejack either, but always a Pinkie even in fan made lines I suppose :S
as this i catered to bronies (whom I have nothing against and will always consider myself one) AJ is the least liked pony of the main six pinkie is still popular to bronies although the lack of rainbow dash is weird for a line such a this

Agreed, so I imagine this means perhaps a wave #2 is coming? with AJ, Rainbow Dash, sweet lil Fluttershy, some princesses, Daring Do, etc. ...and agreed! I'm not a big fan of :muffin: Pony in general, but this particular figure with her little heart envelope is just adorable! She's the one I want <3
Most likely a wave 2 would be moreso "fan favorite", but for now I'm hoping to get chibi Muffins :3 I mostly collect figures/plush of her selectively.
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2015, 01:07:29 PM »
Oh gosh...no...not my cup of tea at all. And usually I like things that are a little bit fugly. :P

Also...how are they guaranteeing 2 boxes will get you everything you need? Assuming each box has 2 different variations...what if you buy 2 boxes and get the same varied box?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2015, 01:17:27 PM »
Oh gosh...no...not my cup of tea at all. And usually I like things that are a little bit fugly. :P

Also...how are they guaranteeing 2 boxes will get you everything you need? Assuming each box has 2 different variations...what if you buy 2 boxes and get the same varied box?

I'm assuming they'll know which boxes they're giving you if you happen to order two: one containing Discord and the other with Chrysalis.  Therefore giving you the full set (and then some).
Instagram / Want List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2015, 02:47:37 PM »

I'm assuming they'll know which boxes they're giving you if you happen to order two: one containing Discord and the other with Chrysalis.  Therefore giving you the full set (and then some).

See that's just cheating...offer a combined price for one box then :P One day WLF...one day you shall prove to us you are not a cold hearted commercial monster. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal