collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WeLoveFine Chibi Not-Blind-Boxed Vinyls  (Read 11751 times)

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: WeLoveFine Chibi Blind Box Vinyls
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 02:16:10 AM »
Hmm wow, I saw the teasers a couple of days ago. Most of them looked cute from the back, but I am not really liking the faces on most of them from the front. Twilight's eyes in particular look really... off xD

Muffin pony and Pinkie Pie both look adorable though. But not for that price...

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 02:30:31 AM »
Making an unpopular decision like blindboxing also seems a really bad idea to announce right after their disaster with every one of their last line of figures breaking in transit.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 03:05:39 AM »
I really, REALLY want :muffin: but why blind box? I'm less likely to get any now and i can promise you, if they'd been seperate i'd have bought two of her. Plus, after reading the description is there another pony not featured? They mention all the ones we can see, plus the two villains if not by name, but next to :muffin:'s name they've put 'Best Pony or :muffin:'

And yeah, telling people to buy two crates is insane and totally greedy :P

[ETA] At over $300 to guarantee you get the eight figures that's effectively $40 per figure. Especially as at this point we don't know what the resell value will be on them so can't say what you'll be able to sell the duplicates for.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:09:47 AM by Archer »

Offline Judhudson

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 03:33:11 AM »
Very disappointed in their decision for blind boxes...tired of companies doing this.  How hard is it to really sell them individual.  They want $300 for a complete collection, yeah....no.  I'll be sure to let them know of my disgust when they announce it on Facebook.

I don't see much of a trade either other than having to do it online.  All the MLP fans I come across (the average MLP fan, not hardcore bronies that are often online) aren't even familiar with WeLoveFine.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 05:10:37 AM »
Oh gosh, I hadn't even read the description. I just looked at the pretty pictures.

They suggest buying  two cases of these to get a full set? Really?  :shocked:

It is a shame that they're doing this blind-box thing, but I don't think it will cut into interest enough for them to reconsider. For one, the gears are already turning. For another, they're more likely to sell out of their stock of all the ponies if they are distributed at random, without having the ones that prove unpopular linger around forever.

I guess I'm kind of lucky that I only want :muffin:...? It'll still be difficult to get, but I think a trading thread here on the Arena might help everybody get the pony they want without shelling out eBay bucks for them. The eBay market on even readily available non-blind-packaged WLF vinyls is crazy; I'd hate for folks to have to resort to that!

Offline Judhudson

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 06:34:12 AM »
Also, isn't the point of blind boxes is to be...well, cheap?  Because you don't know what you are gonna get?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 06:41:19 AM »
I was seriously considering buying two boxes, because I really really want Chrysalis and don't think I'll be lucky enough to get her with just one box.  Then I realized that you get two of most of the characters with just ONE box, so that's four Twilight, Pinkie, Flutterbat, Rarity, Vinyl Scratch, two :muffin: ponies and then one of Chrysalis and Discord.  I'll still do this but ONLY if I know that I can sell all of the extras, including the extra :muffin: and possibly Discord.  Or I can get one box and if I get Discord, hopefully someone would trade with me.  The only figure I know I could resell is the extra Rarity, since that's my best friend's favorite pony and I doubt she'll be buying a box (because she clearly isn't as crazy as I am). :lol:

In saying all of this, would anyone be interested in going in on this with me?  I don't want to spend the money and then have it go to waste, or have any trouble finding people to buy the extras from me.  I'd obviously sell them at $15 each, no crazy eBay prices.

So yes, this is me announcing that I'm willing to buy TWO BOXES OF THESE if there's enough interest from you lovely Arena members to buy the extras from me AT ORIGINAL COST!

Like I said, I'm just considering it.  That's a whole lotta money to spend, but I really would like a set of these figures.

It'd honestly be so much better if they didn't do this blind box mess, though.  I'll give Funko credit for at least making theirs cheaper.  Totally going to have to add on to the previous post and say that I also thought that blind boxes were meant to be cheap since it's a gamble.  WLF is being greedy no matter how you look at it.  These figures better have immaculate, beautiful paint jobs.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:49:22 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Judhudson

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 06:58:47 AM »
There is definitely a few that I want, its just that December is a hell of a long time away.  I will most likely be buying them from here, however. 

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 07:03:23 AM »
There is definitely a few that I want, its just that December is a hell of a long time away.  I will most likely be buying them from here, however.

I'm hoping they might run a discount of some sort on box pre-orders, like Toywiz did with the series 3 trading card boxes.  I had pre-ordered a box waaayyyy back in September of last year because it was nearly $20 off and the boxes didn't come in until April, I think?  Totally worth it, though. 
Instagram / Want List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 07:15:40 AM »
Also, isn't the point of blind boxes is to be...well, cheap?  Because you don't know what you are gonna get?

Uh, no. Not in all cases. (Is there a pun here? Unintentional).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Sarah Jo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 08:12:56 AM »
Really wish they weren't blind.. especially at $15 a pop. Maybe I'm cheap, but if I spend that much on something, I really need to know what it is.. Rarity is so adorable !! And I collect Discord stuff. Maybe the resell value (or whatever) won't be too inflated. (yeah right..)

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 08:21:10 AM »
I'm dissapointed with this line aswell, as I'll probably never get Muffins as everyone will be trying to get her so resale will skyrocket. No Applejack either, but always a Pinkie even in fan made lines I suppose :S
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 08:23:48 AM »
Yikes, they're expensive. At $15 each I wouldn't buy them knowing who they were, much less blind. They're much cuter than I expected, but if you want cute chibi pony figures, there's Funko pop - bigger, cheaper and visible in the packaging.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 08:24:56 AM »
I'm dissapointed with this line aswell, as I'll probably never get Muffins as everyone will be trying to get her so resale will skyrocket. No Applejack either, but always a Pinkie even in fan made lines I suppose :S
as this i catered to bronies (whom I have nothing against and will always consider myself one) AJ is the least liked pony of the main six pinkie is still popular to bronies although the lack of rainbow dash is weird for a line such a this

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 08:30:27 AM »
as this i catered to bronies (whom I have nothing against and will always consider myself one) AJ is the least liked pony of the main six pinkie is still popular to bronies although the lack of rainbow dash is weird for a line such a this

Agreed, so I imagine this means perhaps a wave #2 is coming? with AJ, Rainbow Dash, sweet lil Fluttershy, some princesses, Daring Do, etc. ...and agreed! I'm not a big fan of :muffin: Pony in general, but this particular figure with her little heart envelope is just adorable! She's the one I want <3
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal