collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Please give me advice about feedback  (Read 723 times)

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Please give me advice about feedback
« on: May 18, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
After years of selling and buying on a local auctioning website this is the first time when I'm confused about which type of feedback to leave.
 Here's the situation: on 28th April I bought a small Lego set and paid immediately for it. The seller was a shop but still a new member with only 5 positive feedback (no negs/neutrals) and they stated in their auction that they ship out on the next day after payment. A week passed and there was no package so I mailed them. No answer. Second week. I noticed they had some neggs appearing on their profile - mostly about not shipping out the goods. So on 13th May I decided to open a case. After I did that on 15th I got an email that they shipped out the package and on 16 it arrived. In the box I got the set and some extras: a play-doh clay, 2 barbie dresses and a notebook. The value of the extras would meet the value of the Lego set.
And I'm confused between a neutral and a positive. My thinking: if I leave a neutral then it will be because they should communicate with their buyers and if they state that they ship the other day they should do it but I'm vary if that will not crush their good will to make it right by sending those extras. On the other hand if a leave a positive: it will be to acknowledge their good will and that they are a new shop and I give them a credit of trust but I'll also send them an email saying what they could improve in their future transactions. They did something to make it right but they could also tell me about it.[I hope it won't encourage them to scam] Plus I know that some real life problems happen.
So what are your opinions?
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Please give me advice about feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 12:27:15 PM »
I would personally leave a neutral, if not a negative. It took them nearly two weeks to ship, with no communication at all, and they only shipped after a case had been opened. Goodwill gestures are nice, but I think it's kind of a weak gesture (they also have no idea if those items are even of any value to you as they're not related to what you originally bought). I get that problems arise, but failure to communicate is a huge no-no in my book. It doesn't take more than five minutes to send a message saying "Sorry, something's come up, we'll ship as soon as we're able to".
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:48:21 PM »
I would personally leave a neutral, if not a negative. It took them nearly two weeks to ship, with no communication at all, and they only shipped after a case had been opened. Goodwill gestures are nice, but I think it's kind of a weak gesture (they also have no idea if those items are even of any value to you as they're not related to what you originally bought). I get that problems arise, but failure to communicate is a huge no-no in my book. It doesn't take more than five minutes to send a message saying "Sorry, something's come up, we'll ship as soon as we're able to".

I agree with this. I would also leave a neutral. If they say next day shipping they need to honor that. No communication is not good as an online seller.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 05:23:28 AM »

I agree with this. I would also leave a neutral. If they say next day shipping they need to honor that. No communication is not good as an online seller.

I agree too ^^ :nod:  while they did try and make up for the delay they should not be stating next day postage if they aren't going to do that- also what is more concerning is that you got no communication from them. If something had happened IRL to cause a delay then they should have messaged you (and their other customers) to let them know about it.  Good communication is really important- and so for that reason I would not be giving a positive  since they didn't communicate at all :awake: . I would have said give them a neg but I think a neutral would be better since you did eventually get your item and they added extras to make up for the delay - along with some honest comments about the situation - slow shipping, no communication , but you did get your item - something like that in your own words :awake:
 I personally don't think it's someone I'd want to deal with myself in the future if they don't communicate, and it takes a case to be opened before they send the item. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 09:48:20 AM »
Thanks everyone for your advices. I ended up leaving a neutral afterall :)
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 04:18:37 AM »
:bigups:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal